Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cant find any decent affordable gloves...... Help!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:20 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Cant find any decent affordable gloves...... Help! Reply with quote

Right My Ebay bought Millano Sport gloves are finally getting a bit too tatty after nearly 3 years of use... So I cant complain about them, but they now need replacing. Trouble is I simply cant find anything that is equivalent to them.

One of the key things with these old cheapie gloves is they had decent tough palm and knuckle protection, along with decent vents. And along with some under gloves could be used most of the year round. Only needing something a bit more robust when its bellow 4 or 5c...

But In summer they were thin enough and airy enough to be comfortable too...

But now I simply cant find anything like them. Ive assumed Milano Sport was just a random fake brand from a couple of years ago and the chinese companies have moved onto new names..... But there just isnt anything equivalent.

Oh and theyre not full length gloves either... Just come past the wrist bumb...

Anyway can anyone recommend me any decent most of the year round gloves like these for under 30 quid?

leolion
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:25 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at jts biker in coalville they have a website and make there own gear.

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:42 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your looking at a new cbr 650, up your budget a little and look on sportsbikeshop and the other sites around at weise or five gloves. Reasonably priced and good quality.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:45 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't help, but I spent *a bit more* on winter gloves and summer gloves in about 1990 and am still using them.
Three years is pretty sh Exclamation t.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:14 - 20 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have zillions of gloves. I've ended wearing Halvarssons Newman gloves all (British) summer and winter.

It has something called outlast that keeps both the cold and the warmth out.

https://www.brandedbiker.co.uk/shop/Halvarssons-Motorcycle-Clothing/halvarssons-newman-motorcycle-gloves-1766/

If you want something more protective try Lindstrands Flex

https://www.brandedbiker.co.uk/shop/Lindstrands-Motorcycle-Clothing/lindstrands-flex-motorcycle-gloves-black-white-8425/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:47 - 20 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a pair of Jofama (same group as Halvarssons and Lindstrands) gloves from work at the tail end of last year and ran them over winter. They worked really well with the Outlast stuff in them, so much so I'm considering another pair more from them with a bit more armour in them for my own use.

Other brands use Outlast too, including Wolf.

ocatoro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:02 - 20 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a pair of Weise airflow. theyre part leather part mesh. I've found them extremely comfortable and easy to get on with. I think they were around £15... which is ridiculous for the quality of them.

I also think there's an all leather version or at least very similar for around £25-30

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:45 - 20 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about these? https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/326712

I looked at the weise airflow, they are interesting too, but theyre much more than 15 quid now :p

ocatoro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:07 - 24 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

NutsyUk wrote:
How about these? https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/326712

I looked at the weise airflow, they are interesting too, but theyre much more than 15 quid now :p

my bad, seems the £15 ones are only in XS size. maybe I did pay more, I don't recall. they've done me nice though. seen me through couple of years of bimbling, tour to germany, couple of advanced rider training things.

I have been eyeing some weise victory in the brown leather since the fit and comfort of the weise have been so bang on for me.

though I have been distracted by the prettier avus moto tobacco road glove, which including postage from florida comes to £50. but they don't have a size chart and when I asked for one, they literally replied with "they come in small, medium, large, and x-large" which sort of put me off a bit

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:44 - 24 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a pair of these 3 years ago and am still using them.

ARMR Moto SHL225 Glove - Black

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/113789

Light enough for summer use and I stick a pair of normal under gloves on when it starts to dip a bit.

I'd buy them again.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 1 day ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1