Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Bitcoins

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:57 - 05 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Pete. wrote:
If you say it's 'done very nicely' because you bought sub 1k and it's now at 4k plus, i.e. you see 3k+ of equity in your purchase, then all that means is that you missed the boat for the best cash-in.


You're assuming I didn't cash in.

I did.


I didn't assume, that's why I started the sentence with "IF".
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Paddy.
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:16 - 05 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
The best time to cash in was on December the 17th 2017 when each coin was worth almost 15k.


^ That is when my Coinbase account closed and I ran. Laughing
____________________
Current ride : Suzuki GSXR1000 L0 - Suzuki SV650 track bike My biking history so far
Rogerborg wrote: Whole life care for a VTR full of quadraspazzed Darrryls and Shoniq'uas cost mad dollah.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pjay
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:33 - 05 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
I didn't assume, that's why I started the sentence with "IF".


Well you did if you actually read what you wrote, the 'because' is quite important. If, because, then. Is the syntax for assumption.
____________________
struan80 - I'll go first - satisfied tick 1
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:54 - 05 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Pete. wrote:
I didn't assume, that's why I started the sentence with "IF".


Well you did if you actually read what you wrote, the 'because' is quite important. If, because, then. Is the syntax for assumption.


Professional arguer. Fuck off.
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:17 - 05 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shitcoins, more like.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pjay
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:54 - 05 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
Professional arguer. Fuck off.


Is that your way of dealing with being wrong?
____________________
struan80 - I'll go first - satisfied tick 1
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:17 - 15 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, a small rumble in the crypto world.

I am sticking with my choices of ETH, XMR and IOTA still. All projects moving forward with good news continuously.

A mate of mine is 90% of his NW into various alts which is probably a bad sign though. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pjay
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:58 - 15 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
Finally, a small rumble in the crypto world.

I am sticking with my choices of ETH, XMR and IOTA still. All projects moving forward with good news continuously.

A mate of mine is 90% of his NW into various alts which is probably a bad sign though. Laughing


I'm in ETH mainly, it seems quite robust as it has ridden some waves in the past.

Bitcoin still has issues as to whether it can actually be a crypto for the future, ETH certainly can.
____________________
struan80 - I'll go first - satisfied tick 1
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:19 - 16 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I am not holding BTC, haven't done for a long long time.

I still think Monero has a huge upside as a currency.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:23 - 03 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the view on Libra coin?
____________________
My socks are on fire!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pjay
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:27 - 03 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Whats the view on Libra coin?


It's going to boom then bust.
It's centralised, so pretty much will be its downfall once the people that bought into it realise that crypto is all about decentralised systems and start trading it out for the better options.
____________________
struan80 - I'll go first - satisfied tick 1
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:20 - 12 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this thing, in the post. Its all Japanesey, something to do with Mt Gox.
Should I do anything with it, not even sure I can prove when I bought them any more *frowns*

I dropped about seventy quid about a fortnight before it crashed *mutter, grumble*
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:21 - 12 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I got this thing, in the post. Its all Japanesey, something to do with Mt Gox.
Should I do anything with it, not even sure I can prove when I bought them any more *frowns*

I dropped about seventy quid about a fortnight before it crashed *mutter, grumble*


Unlikely. I think the mt.gox fiasco has already run it's course
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:27 - 12 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I got this thing, in the post. Its all Japanesey, something to do with Mt Gox.
Should I do anything with it, not even sure I can prove when I bought them any more *frowns*

I dropped about seventy quid about a fortnight before it crashed *mutter, grumble*


Keep us posyedi lost 130 on those bstatds
____________________
My socks are on fire!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:44 - 12 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The letter is from a company called Fortress?

Dear Creditor, I manage an investment vehicle which has been buying Mt. Gox creditor claims. Our investors are long-term oriented, so they are comfortable holding on until the matter is resolved in Japanese court. I'm particularly interested in Mt. Gox because I am cryptocurrency investor personally. I flew out to Japan to attend the creditors meeting in March, and based on out research we've set a price for claims which we think is fair to creditors and fair to out investors.

We review each claim individually but are now generally able to offer $900 per BTC claim, or roughly 200% of the bankruptcy value (which was $451 per BTC claim). We can pay that in Bitcoin, or any fiat currency of your choice. Our payment would be made within 10 business days of the claim transfer confirmation.

https://www.coindesk.com/fortress-will-buy-mt-gox-creditors-claims-for-900-per-bitcoin-owed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:54 - 12 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like if you had bcoin on mt. Gox yemay get it back but its not clear how. God crypto currency is so...... Cryptic Shocked
____________________
My socks are on fire!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:59 - 13 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume the letter has more info on what to do next.

A quick google does make this look kind of legit. If I received a letter, I would follow it up.

If they do pay out, it is very interesting because it means they truly believe they will get their hands on some old mt.gox bitcoin from somewhere. Not only do they believe this, they are willing to bet millions of $ that they will. Maybe they know something everyone else doesn't.

The guy who ran mt.gox has already served his prison sentence and is out again back working in the crypto space.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:26 - 13 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only evidence I have of my bitcoin is my mt.gox log in details and bank transfer details. It does look like there is some process foing on where you can get at least some part of the bcoin value back.
____________________
My socks are on fire!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:47 - 13 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
The letter is from a company called Fortress?

No, its from a "rehabilitation Trustee" = a lawyer with a Japanese name.

I can file for some sort of rehabilitation plan by October 2019.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:02 - 13 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you need now is someone who can translate it. Laughing

Maybe ask Hetzer cos I think Siggi's wife is Japanese?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:38 - 13 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The English translation is on the other side.
I'll have a look on the website and take it from there, I guess.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48
Page 48 of 48

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: discovery (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 2.97 - MySQL Queries: 16 - CDN Objects: 43 - Page Size: 116.01 Kb