Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 383, 384, 385 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:44 - 20 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think more milkshakes will be thrown.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:51 - 20 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
He'll lose his job and then get recruited by the BBC.

Lucky him getting to escape Sky customer services Laughing

thx1138 wrote:
I think more milkshakes will be thrown.

Remain campaigners are getting pretty scared and are falling over themselves to say how wrong it is. They know that when the revenge attacks come, milkshake or battery acid, they are in the crosshairs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:25 - 20 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Oh, so he hasn't lost his job yet.

Anyway, enough about milkshakes, let's see what Change UK are doing. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/charge-shoppers-1p-use-self-checkout-machines-heal-brexit-divisions/

A new kind of politics? "Let's tax something!"

mpd72 wrote:
Chuka Ummuna is an idiot,

True. I've said before, he can trot out a pre-prepared speech but apart from that he's hopeless like most of them.

The "right-on" drive for diversity has left us with a Parliament populated with inadequates, and now we're paying the price.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:32 - 21 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
funding

https://order-order.com/2019/05/20/peoples-vote-accept-offshore-donation-euros-vladimir-putin/

https://order-order.com/2019/05/20/peoples-vote-took-82000-donation-eu-big-pharma-corporation/

Wink

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:50 - 21 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

lul wut?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48357017

Quote:
Theresa May has told MPs they have "one last chance" to deliver Brexit, as she set out a "new Brexit deal".

MPs will get a vote on whether to hold another referendum if they back the EU Withdrawal Agreement Bill, she said.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:51 - 21 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

News is reporting that British Steel circling the drain is being blamed on brexit...

I was under the impression that what bankrupt them in the first place was an unpaid EU carbon tax.

Maybe I'm wrong?

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:01 - 22 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
So having failed to stop The Brexit Party with their funding smear, the EU parliamentary commission is now starting another funding smear on Farage himself.

So that’s Brown who was found guilty of £12k of expenses fraud and the EU who’ve never had their accounts signed off in 20 years, pointing the finger of financial irregularity at an anti EU party, 36 hours before an EU election.

These feckwits are just making voters more resilient by the hour.

Does look a bit rum though - Farage failing to declare £450K on the grounds that he "thought he was leaving politics and seeking a new life in the US" while some of his cohorts are saying the money was to pay for his ongoing presence in the political field (security, chauffeur driven cars etc)

I do admire his determination and some of his communication skills, but he does leave himself open to some shit at times.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:30 - 22 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
News is reporting that British Steel circling the drain is being blamed on brexit...

I was under the impression that what bankrupt them in the first place was an unpaid EU carbon tax.

Maybe I'm wrong?

Also, EU competition rules are preventing the government from bailing them out, so today’s story is fake news anyway.

Far from Brexit being the cause, it would actually be the solution.

That's incorrect, not like you to let facts get in the way of a good story though eh?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:00 - 22 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what you are saying then is that it is acceptable to break the rules regarding declaration of finances when running for public office because other people have been caught out for lesser offences?

Remember what this is about - we don't have the American system where campaign funds effectively buy votes via the ability to spend more on a propaganda machine, travel and personal appearances, baby-hugging, greasing wheels etc at the moment. By your argument we should do. The logical conclusion to this is that Parties with the most money will find it easier to win than they do presently, which is anti-democratic.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:26 - 22 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we forget that most people don't change their political views because of corrupt or shady practices by politicians. You might get rid of Farage, but you won't get rid of the sentiment that causes people to back him.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:40 - 22 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip YFPOS wrote:
I think we forget that most people don't change their political views because of corrupt or shady practices by politicians. You might get rid of Farage, but you won't get rid of the sentiment that causes people to back him.

True enough. Thank god the 23rd is almost upon us so at least we as a country will know where we stand from the MEP point of view...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:56 - 22 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
chickenstrip YFPOS wrote:

True enough. Thank god the 23rd is almost upon us so at least we as a country will know where we stand from the MEP point of view...

And on to the next set of problems... Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:32 - 22 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

That's incorrect, not like you to let facts get in the way of a good story though eh?

So either Al Beeb or your Pro EU news source are talking sh1te again.

Quote:
The UK government has said it will consider helping Port Talbot steelworks - but any intervention risks falling foul of European Union state aid rules.

The EU does not allow state support of a business if it would distort competition in the single market.

Also EU tariffs which we're tied to, stop us from protecting our steel industry as Trump is able to do in the US by raising tariffs for cheap imported Chinese steel.

Oh and it's the £120M EU set carbon bill which is forcing it to go bankrupt. Other than that, yeah, nothing to do with the EU. Rolling Eyes

So many flaws in your 'argument'. But your blinkered stupidity doesn't let you see it. Waste of time.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:10 - 22 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

So many flaws in your 'argument'. But your blinkered stupidity doesn't let you see it. Waste of time.

It seems he is right.

From BT

“The Government can only act within the law, which requires any financial support to a steel company to be on a commercial basis.

“I have been advised that it would be unlawful to provide a guarantee or loan on the terms of any proposals that the company or any other party has made

https://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/thousands-of-jobs-at-risk-as-british-steel-goes-into-receivership-11364363805564

From the BBC during the Port Talbot steel crisis.

Because the European Union already produces more steel than it needs, the member states of the EU agreed to allow uneconomical producers to go bust, rather than let governments save them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35933904

Even Full Fact state there are problems with supporting the steel industry due to the EEC.

However, there are a number of ways in which EU regulation is slowing or preventing certain actions from being taken, particularly providing financial support to failing plants.

https://fullfact.org/economy/ask-full-fact-british-steel-and-eu-rules/
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 312 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 383, 384, 385 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 384 of 523