Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Enfield test centre: my test.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Vis-a-vis
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:33 - 22 May 2019    Post subject: Enfield test centre: my test. Reply with quote

Route we took 20/05/2019, apparently 'Examiner Brian's' (E) favourite route. There were a few more streets in the square of streets @: Scotland Green Rd, South Street etc...

Right turn out of test centre, third exit head south down Molison Ave.

Then E says follow signs to Mollison Ave. Slightly disconcerting because already on Mollison Ave. But paradoxically road/roundabout signs keep repeating this direction. Comming up to penultimate roundabout (r@) I decided to move back into left lane: first riding fault (RFs 1,2) (s18 Progress s25 Awareness Planning). Here E overtook me in the right lane went straight thru @ and was waiting for me when I came through. Came to last r@ and slightly pre-empted his next direction by moving to far right lane for Enfield 3rd exit on to Nags Hill Road. At this stage did an awful gear change and jerk: RF3 (s12 Control (gears slow control)).

At South Street/High St hesitated at junction and then nearly made a serious fault by pulling out as car approaching RFs 4,5 (s19 undue hesitation, s20 observations). By this stage I was pretty sure I had failed! So nothing to lose and just carried on.

Test Centre
At r@ turn right for Mollison Ave (MA) (couldn't see any MPH signs on MA so rode at 30mph till I saw first 40mph sign.
Scotland Green Rd;
South Street/High St simulated r@
High st; ('…...where is the bloody MPH sign? ...must be 30 mph)
Hertford Rd
Green street;
Mollison Ave
Test Centre

Of the three musketeers over the whole course I was rarely allowed in front and hence I thought myself to be the worst rider. But during the course, one instructor '(F)' did say that sometimes 'the best fail and that lesser morals pass'. I was actually a fair rider but go to pieces if I'm not leading and combined with criticised (albeit constructively) (CC). On the test: hey I'm 'leading' and no CC so I was much more relaxed. However all that CC from (S) had sunk in to the recesses of my mind and made me a better successful rider.

At the end of the test I just waited for the bad news. Then I heard those magic words: 'you've passed!'. (I have inter-alia 2 academic degrees including an LLB and this is up there with them, but I'm still a fool 🙃). Going to replace letters after my name with B.I.K.E.R.

Overall, I stayed off alcohol for 10 days before test and no coffee or nicorette on 'the day'. I felt, if I got thru MOD 1 I'd pass MOD 2. I did the emergency stop at (64kph) my instructors said they were amazed that they and I, were still alive and they still wouldn't let me lead the way back to Keen's Yard (A2Z) 🤓🏍🙃😎

Joe

Last edited by Vis-a-vis on 21:55 - 22 May 2019; edited 1 time in total

Vis-a-vis
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:46 - 22 May 2019    Post subject: Enfield test centre: my test. Reply with quote

Oh BTW I passed everything with faults. But it could easily gone otherwise. Also I bought some 2nd hand protective clothing including leather trousers from eBay. It gives you more confidence and I think it sublimly influences the examiners too. I failed my test 3 times in 89/90. Then RXS100 stolen and I just gave up, to pass 30 years later. It's 50% ability and 50% mentality.

I read quite a few messages on this site, especially one from somebody who said just ride, don't worry about outcome there is always another chance.

Sir Clip
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 01:45 - 23 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, and Welcome Smile

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:46 - 23 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must admit to reading the first thing you wrote when you'd not written that second part and thought to myself WTF?
Well done on the pass though - it'll also tell you that you're doing things basically correctly, know your failings and can build up from it.
For me my test was in the Dark Ages and I was out of sight from the examiner (he was on foot!) for over 80% of the time. We had it easier back then..

A more recent test for me was my heavy goods licence. It was an intensive 5 day course. On my first day I was in a lorry with a lad who was taking his test that same morning. I sat to one side in the cab and stared in amazement at what was expected of me for to pass - down a steep residential hill, 3 mini roundabouts, cars parked either side and driving an 18 tonner with 18 gears.
5 days later I passed with one minor issue - slight over speeding. I still don't know how I took everything in and made it all connect.
Taking the time to take in and put it to practice is key.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 312 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1