Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Led conversion headlight

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

CivilDrone
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 06:47 - 26 May 2019    Post subject: Led conversion headlight Reply with quote

Morning
Bought a pair of h4 Nighteye led bulbs with built in fan
They seem extra bright on low which is when 2 chips are active (pointing down) and on high 3rd chip kicks in to illuminate the road ahead
My question is should only 1 chip be active on low and all 3 on high?
Right now it feels too bright with w active on low
I have aligned headlight as per the notches on the side
Member on another group mentioned chips should be left and right and reflector takes care of the rest, which brings me back to low and hi, 2 chips for low and 3 for high or 1 for low and 3 for high?
Any advise please

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:22 - 26 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without listening to other groups. If you've installed it as per instructions and aligned the notches, does it do what it's supposed to do? You know - low beam is low and high is high?
If that bit is fine then it's OK!

led bulbs are strange. They sap less power but make good light. Many people confuse light output with light brightness ie light colour.
Some leds can replicate a 'redder' tone of light such as that from filament bulbs. Others can be higher (lower?) on the light spectrum and give a much 'whiter' looking light output.
You'll have seen modern cars with led sidelights which appear intense and bright but in reality down't throw a huge amount of light out, it's just that the light colour is a pure white.

Hope that helps.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:43 - 26 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you haven't got it upside down? I tried one of those for a larf before I got the proper "daymaker" lamp and the tabs on the cheap ones aren't the best.

It should be one element pointing up (as in to reflect down) and two elements down (to reflect up)

CivilDrone
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:11 - 26 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure its the right way in
2 chips low beam which are always on are pointing down and a 3rd chip which kicks in on high beam is pointing up
Am i being silly or perhaps polarity is the other way around
1 should be on pointing down and once high beam flicked the other 2 kick in
Was playing around but all i did was burn a fuse
Even more confused now
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 330 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1