Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Extinction Rebellion or how not to win an argument

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:49 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
It's simple, punishment should fit the crime.

If you commit a crime serious enough to go to prison, you should not be given it as an opportunity to practice yoga.

Until we get tougher sentances, such as national service, community service, benifits cut (tough shit) people will continue to commit crimes because there's little reason not to.

What? I think you've missed the point of the Yoga comments.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:54 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anti-ER protest: Burn some tyres

https://www.tyreandrubberrecycling.com/media/3470/burning-tyres.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop&width=1140&height=550&rnd=131938508680000000
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:32 - 29 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

More hypocrisy. Just enjoying Springwatch when we get to a "world in crisis" bit and a friend tells me presenter Michaela Strachan lives in South Africa, and Chris Packham sells photography trips to Africa and Alaska.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:53 - 31 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Climate change is coming... eventually! I think we have more important things to worry about. If they were protesting over babies dying in Yemen or whining about the Sultan of Brunei's bummer fixation I'd have a smidgen of sympathy.

It's happening now. So is another event by "Extinction Rebellion", apparently, who plan to close Heathrow in June (1 day) & July (10 days). That possibility will have attracted the attentioin of the police and others.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 31 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so that they'll still all be able to go on their holidays come August Thumbs Up

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:00 - 31 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using drones.

Could be good for a laugh. If the Gatwick screw up was anything to go by there will be a great wailing and gnashing of teeth from their mummys and daddies who are meant to be off on holiday. Laughing

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 31 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely if they're using drones then that's somewhat hypocritical. Drones don't run on fresh air, unless I'm mistaken.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:14 - 31 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Surely if they're using drones then that's somewhat hypocritical. Drones don't run on fresh air, unless I'm mistaken.

Electric - no emissions so all is happy in happy clappy land.

Now a nice remote controlled helicopter with and internal combustion engine is the devils spawn.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:17 - 31 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

But how is that electricity generated?

BTW let's not get back to St Caroline on her horse again Sad
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:21 - 31 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
But how is that electricity generated?

BTW let's not get back to St Caroline on her horse again Sad

And what's wrong with women and horses? Lady Godiva for Prime Minister.

I'm easily bought Cool

https://www.historic-uk.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/lady-godiva.jpg

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:43 - 31 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSFW!

By the way what happened to that nob head who stormed out of the interview, saying air travel should be banned. But turned out he'd been skiing etc.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:44 - 31 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, threat or promise?

Heathrow activists face life in jail for drone protests, Government warns

https://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/heathrow-activists-face-life-in-jail-for-drone-protests-government-warns-11364366484279

I particularly like this statement......

Professor David Dunn, a drones expert at the University of Birmingham, said arresting suspects ahead of the protests could be the most effective way to stop disruption.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:45 - 31 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
NSFW!

By the way what happened to that nob head who stormed out of the interview, saying air travel should be banned. But turned out he'd been skiing etc.

It's art you heathen Folded arms

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:49 - 31 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bet that's what Travis Bickle thought too.

Sorry off topic Sad

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:52 - 31 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Bet that's what Travis Bickle thought too.

Sorry off topic Sad

Laughing His was a bumhole, I can't remember Rembrant or Monet painting bumholes.

I stand to be corrected if you can find one though. Thumbs Up

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:08 - 31 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Well, threat or promise?

Heathrow activists face life in jail for drone protests, Government warns

Hot air:

"Baroness Vere warned: “Flying drones near an airport is a serious criminal offence and using drones to deliberately put people’s safety at risk carries a maximum life sentence."

Q. "Did you deliberately put people's lives at risk by flying your drone near Heathrow?"

A. "No" - so it's a "serious criminal offence".

A. "Yes" - so the maximum sentence is life (out in ~10 years, or whatever).

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:10 - 03 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about this thread because someone drove up to my neighbours' yesterday, waited quite a while, but left their engine running, whilst staring at their phone.
I'm not suggesting we put on sack cloth or anything, but why leave a gas guzzler chugging just because you can't be @rsed to turn it off.

InB4 Y U No confront them.
Cos I was frightened I might get stabby stabby'd Pale

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:41 - 20 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything in full rather than a screenshot of something on Facebook:

Freedom of Information request to Home Office about Funding to the Tyne & Wear anti-fascist Association wrote:
Dear Home Office,

Please provide me with records of all money which has been awarded or given in any form to the Tyne & Wear Anti Fascist Association (TWAFA). This organisation may also be found under pseudonym Tyne & Wear Anti Fascist Coalition (TWAFC).

Please provide these records in the following form:

A) A total, all-time figure of how much money has been provided to the organisation; and
B) An annual breakdown of this all-time figure, detailing:
- the nature of the money provided, i.e. grant, loan .etc, and for which purposes the money was provided by the Home Office; and
- the annual sum of money provided in relation to the nature above; and
- the department or individual responsible inside the Home Office for signing off this money; and
- the point of contact in the Tyne & Wear Anti Fascist Association for both communicating and receiving this money;

Second, please also provide me the following information:

A) Any communication received by the Home Office or affiliates from this organisation;
B) Any communication sent to this organisation by the Home Office or affiliates;
C) Any training delivered by or to this organisation to/by the Home Office, Police, Any officers or any affiliates, etc;

Yours faithfully,

Christopher Marshall

Response from the Home Office in full wrote:
Dear Mr Marshall,

FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST 52641

Thank you for your email of 02 March 2019 in which you ask for information relating to the
amount of money awarded, or given, to the Tyne & Wear Anti-Fascist Association
(TWAFA) by the Home Office. A copy of this email is at Annex A. Your request has been
handled as a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA).

I can confirm that the Home Office holds the information that you requested.

I can confirm that TWAFA was awarded a value of £5,858.00 following their successful
application to the Building a Stronger Britain Together (BSBT) grant funding round. This
application was made in February 2017 and awarded by the BSBT team, which sits within
the Counter Extremism Unit in the Home Office. To date TWAFA have received £3,643.50
of this fund. In addition, TWAFA were awarded in-kind communications support through
the BSBT programme in July 2017.

You have asked for a breakdown of these awarded funds and for what purposes the fund
was for. I can confirm that we hold this information through our delivery partner UK
Community Foundations who manage the monitoring of grant funding on our behalf. This
monitoring will include agreeing the breakdown of the awarded funding directly with the
group. However, after careful consideration we have decided that this information is
exempt from disclosure under section 43(2) (prejudice to commercial interests) of the
FOIA. This provides that information can be withheld where disclosure would or would be
likely to, prejudice the commercial interests of any person (an individual, a company, the
public authority itself or any other legal entity) and the public interest falls in favour of
maintaining the exemption.

In relation to TWAFA’s in-kind communications support, I can confirm the Home Office
holds the information you requested. However, after careful consideration we have
decided that this information is exempt from disclosure under section 43(2) (prejudice to
commercial interests) of the FOIA. This provides that information can be withheld where
disclosure would or would be likely to, prejudice the commercial interests of any person
(an individual, a company, the public authority itself or any other legal entity) and the public
interest falls in favour of maintaining the exemption.

Arguments for and against disclosure in terms of the public interest, with the reasons for
our conclusion, are set out in the enclosed Annex B.

You have asked for contact information for the Home Office’s contact in TWAFA. The
Home Office has obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and in law
generally to protect personal data. We have concluded that the information you have
requested is exempt from disclosure under section 40(2) of the FOIA, because of the
condition at section 40(3)(a). This exempts personal data if disclosure would contravene
any of the data protection principles in Schedule 1 to the DPA. Section 40(2) is an
absolute exemption, which does not require a public interest test

You have asked for communication between the Home Office and TWAFA. I can confirm
that we have communicated with TWAFA regarding their success in securing BSBT
funding. TWAFA also remain on the BSBT network mailing list, which includes all
organisations that have received support from the BSBT programme, and as such receive
monthly newsletters and event invitations. The Home Office has also had face to face and
other verbal communications with TWAFA during visits and events. Our delivery partner
UK Community Foundations have also provided written correspondence to TWAFA
directly in relation to their grant, but we consider these to be outside of the scope of your
request.

You have asked for any training delivered by the Home Office to TWAFA. I can confirm
that we cannot find any information of training delivered directly by the Home Office.
TWAFA did, however, receive training from BSBT’s delivery partner M&C Saatchi. This
included crisis communication, social media, PR and maximising online audience training
sessions.

If you are dissatisfied with this response you may request an independent internal review
of our handling of your request by submitting a complaint within two months to
xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx.xx, quoting reference 52641. If you ask for an internal review,
it would be helpful if you could say why you are dissatisfied with the response.

As part of any internal review the Department's handling of your information request would
be reassessed by staff who were not involved in providing you with this response. If you
were to remain dissatisfied after an internal review, you would have a right of complaint to
the Information Commissioner as established by section 50 of the FOIA.

Yours sincerely

P BROWN
COUNTER EXTREMISM UNIT

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:50 - 20 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

tl;dr

We gave money to extremists...

signed,

head of counter extremism

Oh the irony Evil or Very Mad

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:22 - 21 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, if there was something you felt strongly about how far would you go to publicise it? Or maybe you just don't feel that strongly that you would do anything?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:56 - 21 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, who's a naughty boy then...

Mark Field under fire after removing climate change activist from Hammond speech.

Not that I particularly blame him but you can't grab a woman by the neck and expect to get away with it as a politician.

https://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/mark-field-under-fire-after-removing-climate-change-activist-from-hammond-speech-11364371096070
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 282 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 7 of 55