Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

SINNIS ROADSTAR 20 ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ed Case
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:12 - 03 Jun 2019    Post subject: SINNIS ROADSTAR 20 ? Reply with quote

Thinking of buying a Sinnis Roadstar 250. I know it's a Chinkie but despite that there's loads of this Far Eastern stuff flying about most of it appearing not to get even minimal maintenance and some more than a few years old, so just how poorly made and durable can they all be ?. What does 'The Panel' think ?.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:26 - 03 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I considered one a while back before I got the YBR for commuting. Looked at one new in a shop in Peterborough, and thought the build quality was passable, but not worth what they were asking. The engine and frame seemed solid enough (don't look at the welds though, they looked like I did them) but the fittings felt particularly cheap.

I'd have one as a cheap rolling project, where anything that fell off or broke would either stay off or be replaced by sturdier bodgery. I am considering one again, if the price was right.

The Herald 250 is supposed to have had more UK input to the build with better brakes and suspension, but I've not seen one in the flesh to comment.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 03 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sinnis have stopped marketing the 250 Roadstar, however, Herald have a 250, also, Mash have a 250 that is basically the same. I hven't heard any horror stories of the 250's.

A plus side of the Mash 250, is you know that's it's still properley supported, not only that, but supported by 3X who are also the main importers for Peugeot.

However, if I was you, and looking at a 250 Roadstar, I would seriously conside the Mash 400 Roadstar, I had 1 for 4 trouble free years, no corrosion, electrical or mechanical issues, and I rode it all year round in all weathers, it's also very easy to service. You can probably pick 1 up that's a couple of years old for between 1500-2000. Vehicle tax is the same as that of a 250. Also, i was getting 75-80 mpg out of mine.

I only got rid of mine as p/x for a new Royal Enfield Interceptor.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 326 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1