Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

More and more boat migrants

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157 ... 205, 206, 207  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 03 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
https://media.tenor.com/images/685b7814389a331c6b4d84619807a2db/tenor.gif

You seem to be coming over all bodysocket.

He's backed into a corner and doesn't like being shown up time and again.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:20 - 04 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point proven. He says he'd reply, but whenever the question is too difficult, he resorts to type.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:22 - 04 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the question again? (I'm wearing a towel BTW)

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:26 - 04 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
What was the question again? (I'm wearing a towel BTW)

I asked him for proof of his allegations regarding the number of boats being picked up, and also that the majority of the border force are still in the Med. I think they're both good questions. What do you think?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 04 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk/2019/06/02/fact-sheet-small-boats/

Javid promised to return the 2 x Med water taxis to the U.K. in December. On 2nd June, 6 months and 700 illegal immigrants later, only one of them was returned.

2/3 of the UK coastal patrol vessels are not in UK waters.
They can’t cope. The Coastguard had to help them bring 74 illegal immigrants across the Channel to the U.K. for their free taxpayer funded lifestyle on Saturday.

The home office are advertising on Facebook locally, asking residents to keep an eye out for illegal immigrants arriving on the coast FFS!

Did you read the link. First paragraph in contradicts the story you're spinning.

Also, these Facebook ads are dubious as best, seeing as you seem to think you're being victimised by them.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 04 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another lying bastard has been jailed...
Jewlio Rides Again LLB This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:08 - 05 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk/2019/06/02/fact-sheet-small-boats/

Javid promised to return the 2 x Med water taxis to the U.K. in December. On 2nd June, 6 months and 700 illegal immigrants later, only one of them was returned.

2/3 of the UK coastal patrol vessels are not in UK waters.
They can’t cope. The Coastguard had to help them bring 74 illegal immigrants across the Channel to the U.K. for their free taxpayer funded lifestyle on Saturday.

The home office are advertising on Facebook locally, asking residents to keep an eye out for illegal immigrants arriving on the coast FFS!

Did you read the link. First paragraph in contradicts the story you're spinning.

Also, these Facebook ads are dubious as best, seeing as you seem to think you're being victimised by them.

I can only assume you didn't - the first paragraph clearly states UKBF operates 6 CPVs, only 2 of which are currently employed in UK waters.

Now I'm no particular friend of MPD, nor am I a mathematician, but I reckon 1/3 of 6 =2, so his assertion that 2/3 of UKBF's CPVs are employed elsewhere, seems to be entirely backed up by that report.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:09 - 05 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

People have been known to swim the channel (admittedly with a support boat.) A rubber dingy on a good day probably sounds fine when you've just given all your money to people traffickers. TBH ppl who are stupid enough to attempt such a trip aren't the sort of ppl I'd want in the country.

Hmm, that sounded a little cold Sad

I've always wondered though if ppl are so desperate to get in they'll risk almost certain death crossing the Med or Channel how come they don't stay and fight for their own countries. Seems very unpatriotic!

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:25 - 05 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
People have been known to swim the channel (admittedly with a support boat.) A rubber dingy on a good day probably sounds fine when you've just given all your money to people traffickers. TBH ppl who are stupid enough to attempt such a trip aren't the sort of ppl I'd want in the country.

Hmm, that sounded a little cold Sad

I've always wondered though if ppl are so desperate to get in they'll risk almost certain death crossing the Med or Channel how come they don't stay and fight for their own countries. Seems very unpatriotic!

Call me old and cynical, but the only reason they risk life and limb to come here and pass through other so called 'friendly' countries on their way, is because we are seen as a soft touch.

Please feel free to provide any other viable explanation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:19 - 05 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:

I can only assume you didn't - the first paragraph clearly states UKBF operates 6 CPVs, only 2 of which are currently employed in UK waters.

Now I'm no particular friend of MPD, nor am I a mathematician, but I reckon 1/3 of 6 =2, so his assertion that 2/3 of UKBF's CPVs are employed elsewhere, seems to be entirely backed up by that report.

Quote:
...total fleet of five cutters and six Coastal Patrol Vessels (CPVs). Two CPVs and three cutters, HMC Vigilant, HMC Searcher and HMC Seeker, are currently deployed in the Channel...

5/11 available boats is just under 50%. And before the 'I only mentioned CPV's' comments, it's like only counting the number of police constables on the beat, ignoring all other ranks etc, or only counting the number of Dr's in hospitals who have over 10 years service... It doesn't give a true picture, and is deceitful practice IMO.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:05 - 05 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just surprised there's not a massively higher amount of coastguard reports of getting to the scene of these lashed up banana boats and inflatable dinghies and them saying:

" Well we got there to find there were two big holes in the side of the professional craft, but it sank so fast we were unable to do anything to help the poor people on board who all went down with the craft".

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:55 - 05 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Shaft wrote:

Quote:
...total fleet of five cutters and six Coastal Patrol Vessels (CPVs). Two CPVs and three cutters, HMC Vigilant, HMC Searcher and HMC Seeker, are currently deployed in the Channel...

5/11 available boats is just under 50%. And before the 'I only mentioned CPV's' comments, it's like only counting the number of police constables on the beat, ignoring all other ranks etc, or only counting the number of Dr's in hospitals who have over 10 years service... It doesn't give a true picture, and is deceitful practice IMO.

To borrow one of your own comparisons, that's like saying the robbery squad are short staffed, so they should take on the traffic division, just because they are also coppers.

CPVs and cutters do different jobs, under the same umbrella - you are being just as disingenuous.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:35 - 06 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both types are used to intercept smuggling, not like they've got the Manannan out there picking them up is it?

As you say, they both work under the same umbrella.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:13 - 06 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point is, you've been caught out exaggerating the problem again.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:24 - 06 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javid is too busy right now grooming himself for next PM...

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:36 - 06 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Do you have anything relevant to add to the discussion, or as usual, are you just following me around like a bad smell, biting at my ankles, because your life has no real meaning?

https://media.tenor.com/images/685b7814389a331c6b4d84619807a2db/tenor.gif

Which of those facts are you in left wing denial of this time?

I've provided links to backup all the figures. Try reading them before yapping via your keyboard.

I've already pointed out that the way you are wording things is intending to exaggerate the extent of the problem by downplaying the border force available. If my whole life consisted of posting on a bike forum nothing but bile aimed at Muslims, foreigners, students, or people you perceive to be left wing, I don't think I'd have the neck to comment about others with an alternative view to yours, apparently no life. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 297 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157 ... 205, 206, 207  Next
Page 156 of 207