Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Somewhat (un)interesting things I didn't realise.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

c_dug
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:07 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
hedgehugger wrote:
Your foot is the same size as that bit of the arm between elbow and hand.


Another body fact - your armspan from fingertip to fingertip is the same as your height.


Police Fact-Police here.

Neither of those is a fact, they're both approximates.

That's a fact.
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:10 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:


Another body fact - your armspan from fingertip to fingertip is the same as your height.


Police Fact-Police here.

Neither of those is a fact, they're both approximates.

That's a fact.


Especially with the arm-span one. I lost range of movement in my left arm so I can't stretch the arm out to full length, but I didn't shrink in height Laughing
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:26 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am kind of shrivelling up a bit Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:28 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I am kind of shrivelling up a bit Sad


Too much information, thank you.
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:35 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a foreshortened ulna in my left wrist, and my left forearm is shorter than my right, which invalidates both facts above.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; American Iron: Buell XB12R; Track Hack: CBR600RR-8 Commuter Hack VFR800Fi-Y
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleBFester
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:31 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look on the dashboard of most cars, you'll see an arrow on the fuel gauge that points to the side the fuel filler is on.

Really boring fact but handy for those days you're not in your own car or are just having a blonde moment cos you're normally on the bike.
____________________
Module 1 and 2 passed - October 2014. Happy owner of a 2017 Z1000SX, ex owner of a YBR125 / CB500 / VFR800.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:08 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
If you look on the dashboard of most cars, you'll see an arrow on the fuel gauge that points to the side the fuel filler is on.

And yet the fuel hose will always reach to the other side if drivers have enough spatial awareness to park in the right position. It's disturbing how many lack the ability and prefer to queue, ignoring a vacant pump.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:33 - 26 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walking and Cycling Commissioner is a job; in fact there are several of them across the country.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bubbs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:05 - 27 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
UncleBFester wrote:
If you look on the dashboard of most cars, you'll see an arrow on the fuel gauge that points to the side the fuel filler is on.

And yet the fuel hose will always reach to the other side if drivers have enough spatial awareness to park in the right position. It's disturbing how many lack the ability and prefer to queue, ignoring a vacant pump.


Disturbing but satisfying. I love zipping past people queuing to fill the tank up. Bunch of retards.
____________________
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

HardlyDavidso...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Mar 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:40 - 27 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
UncleBFester wrote:
If you look on the dashboard of most cars, you'll see an arrow on the fuel gauge that points to the side the fuel filler is on.

And yet the fuel hose will always reach to the other side if drivers have enough spatial awareness to park in the right position. It's disturbing how many lack the ability and prefer to queue, ignoring a vacant pump.


~50% of the population don't have the right chromosomes for spacial awareness Laughing
____________________
Keeway Superlight 125, 50cc turd scooter, 50cc 2-stroke bicycle conversion, 1500W ebike, hand-made fixie
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:40 - 27 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

And yet the fuel hose will always reach to the other side if drivers have enough spatial awareness to park in the right position. It's disturbing how many lack the ability and prefer to queue, ignoring a vacant pump.


~50% of the population don't have the right chromosomes for spacial awareness Laughing


Ah but do trans people gain it or lose it? Wink
____________________
Triumph Trophy Launch Edition
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:15 - 27 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
penis fencing


Thinking Thinking Thinking


Probably not work safe
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:25 - 28 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:


Especially with the arm-span one. I lost range of movement in my left arm so I can't stretch the arm out to full length, but I didn't shrink in height Laughing


I had a problem like that, it's called Impingement, hurts like hell to lift up your arm and no more full use movement. I had a keyhole operation to free it up again, now it's like a new arm.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:22 - 05 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rats laugh. If you tickle them, they laugh. It's not in the human range of hearing, but there it is.
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:30 - 14 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 1 coin has ONE POUND stamped in it in 25 different places, and the year it was minted in in 13 different places also.
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:13 - 14 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
in 13 different places

Fact: Russia is bigger than most small cars.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:27 - 14 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Fact: Russia is bigger than most small cars.


To which small cars does this not apply?

Is Russia bigger than all small cars put together?

Which small cars are put together in Russia?

Which Russians put together small cars?

Which small Russians put together most cars?

Which cars are smaller than most Russians?

So much to learn!
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

HardlyDavidso...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Mar 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:28 - 14 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Rats laugh. If you tickle them, they laugh. It's not in the human range of hearing, but there it is.


Ah... a Jordan B Peterson fan Thumbs Up
____________________
Keeway Superlight 125, 50cc turd scooter, 50cc 2-stroke bicycle conversion, 1500W ebike, hand-made fixie
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:36 - 14 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
Rats laugh. If you tickle them, they laugh. It's not in the human range of hearing, but there it is.


Ah... a Jordan B Peterson fan Thumbs Up


He's not the only person that knows this.
You know it too.
And me now.
And anyone that has read this post.
Probably many thousands of people know this.

So how can you say I'm a Jordan Peterson fan? There are thousands of people I could have got this information from.

And a few happy rats.

I do like Dr. Peterson though. I don't agree with everything he says, but he makes more sense by a country mile than the majority of his detractors.
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:54 - 14 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
To which small cars does this not apply?

Is Russia bigger than all small cars put together?

Which small cars are put together in Russia?

Which Russians put together small cars?

Which small Russians put together most cars?

Which cars are smaller than most Russians?

So much to learn!

Thinking

You'll need to do your own research, I can't solve all your problems.

You could go to Russia to learn about Russia and small cars?

Which brings me to my next interesting fact: the best way to get to Russia is to travel but remember, to walk from one side of Russia to the other would take too long. Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:13 - 15 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M Khan is bent.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:51 - 15 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The King of Hearts is the only king without a moustache.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:13 - 15 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
The King of Hearts is the only king without a moustache.
All Kings based on people in history. Julius Caesar is one IIRC.
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Howling Terror here
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
Some replies are relevant.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Aug 2018
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:01 - 15 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rat poison will also poison other animals.
____________________
CCM 404 DS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:22 - 15 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people have more than the average number of arms. Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: discovery (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.25 Sec - Server Load: 5.99 - MySQL Queries: 16 - CDN Objects: 56 - Page Size: 144.26 Kb