Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Got bored, sold a bike, bought a 125, a FB Mondial HPS 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:10 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Got bored, sold a bike, bought a 125, a FB Mondial HPS 125 Reply with quote

Yep, the CF650TR has gone, good, very good in fact at what I used it for, but, ultimately quite dull, and, I've come to the conclusion, faired bikes, just aren't really my cup of tea, great weather protection and all that, but taking the fairings off and stuff, just gets boring after a while..

Sooo, I bought an FB Mondial HPS 125, Italian design/elctrics, chines build, what could possibly go wrong? Laughing Laughing

It's also known as an Aprilia APR 125 (150 in China), Zongshen CR150, the same frame and engine as a Reiju Century 125, and, it's the same engine as the Apilia RS4 125.

Actually, having a 125, means, once the nipper has upgraded to a 125, she will have access to a spare she can ride, so, there is another reason to get it.

2nd hand, with 44 miles on the clock, and, yet 10 months old !! The sort of 2nd hand 125, I don't mind buying.

Already have a rear rack on order, should arrive at some point today, and, going to change the mirrors, as they do make the bike pretty wide, not ideal for filtering. It's surprisingly smooth, although, the suspension as a little 'hard'

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/fb_mondial_hps_125_2018_20190606_01_halfpenny_green_2.jpg

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:16 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try moving those mirrors so they are inboard of the bars and BELOW the bars. I've seen a similar configuration done on several bikes and it's worked well. Your shoulder doesn't get in the way.

Takes a bit of getting your head around looking down to find the mirror mind.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:18 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, was thinking that myself, after taking it for a spin yesterday

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:54 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each man to his own 125, but feck me that's ugly!
I see it has those fashionable tyres of the moment and a high level exhaust for the odd water crossing on the way to work.Wink

It must be the Ugliest FB Mondial ever designed? But it does have the Derbi engine which I prefer to the Yamaha one out of preference.

If I wanted a Chinese built Italian, I'd much rather buy a Benelli 125 personally. Though if being really picky I'd want an Italian Italian like an Aprilia, Beta, Fantic, HM or TM to make me all happy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:16 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Italian Italian like an Aprilia, Beta, Fantic, HM or TM to make me all happy.

Aprilia RS4 125, engine is a Zongshen lump, but, yeah it is an ugly bike, but, that just adds to it's charm Laughing Laughing

As for Benelli, I quite like the TR502X and the Leoncino, oh, and the 400 they're bringing out. the Imperiale .

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:40 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disappointed. The forum's greatest advocate for electric bikes steadfastly refuses to actually buy one. Wink I do like that Mondial though. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:51 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I'm disappointed. The forum's greatest advocate for electric bikes steadfastly refuses to actually buy one. Wink I do like that Mondial though. Very Happy

I will get an electric bike, all in good time. very soon, be able to get an electric Ducati !! Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://mcn-images.bauersecure.com/PageFiles/673375/1000x750/super-soco-cux-ducati-1.jpg

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2019/may/supersoco-125-ducati-partnership/
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 295 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1