Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

#ntdwi

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 169, 170, 171  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:35 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBFcarl wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
The whole problem with this country in a nutshell.

If you complain against what is the 'thing' of the moment you are an *ist or a *phobe.

I think the pre secondary school sex education is too young but if I was to say that I'd be a homophobe or lumped in with the howling religious bigots.

Would you go so far as to agree with this fellow?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-48555929

tl:dr - local vicar (in one of the nicer areas of Rotherham) claims that teaching kids about LGBT+ is essentially child abuse as it "normalises" homosexuality and leaves the kids open to abuse.

Now, I agree that there should be an age on what kids learn, but I think that this is child abuse is bobbins. You could argue that forcing kids to learn about religion is the same, no?

Personally I wouldn't have religious education in schools at all but the problem then is then if people don't understand the ethos behind a certain religion, how can issues be resolved.

That vicar is as homophobic as the Muslims but there is a point to how homosexuality is portrayed to children.

That men or women can have a loving relationship with someone of the same sex is fine but some of this gender fluidity crap does my head in. I think it will totally confuse an inquiring 6 or 7 year olds mind so that shouldn't be taught as something normal in my view.

Also, in nature, homosexuality is not normal. It does not procreate the species, in fact it's a dead end in the evolutionary tree. So, should that be taught to kids?

How to play God with a child's mind.

https://www.brainyquote.com/photos_tr/en/v/vladimirlenin/383393/vladimirlenin1-2x.jpg
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:35 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Religious education is not necessary in schools, except to teach kids that some people are religious, there are different flavours etc, since it seems we can't eradicate this dogma entirely.

Let science give people their place in the scheme of things, teach them that instead.

We do, however, need to install good moral values in our kids, but religion isn't necessary for this in the modern day.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:04 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

That men or women can have a loving relationship with someone of the same sex is fine but some of this gender fluidity crap does my head in. I think it will totally confuse an inquiring 6 or 7 year olds mind so that shouldn't be taught as something normal in my view.

Also, in nature, homosexuality is not normal. It does not procreate the species, in fact it's a dead end in the evolutionary tree. So, should that be taught to kids?

How to play God with a child's mind.

This is the nub of the issue. These things have gone on in society ever since the first man decided he'd rather tidy up the cave, and the first woman decided she'd rather throw spears at mammoths. The same with homosexuality - the ancient Greeks for example didn't differentiate between gay and heterosexual partners. Whilst these things don't result in children, like it or not they are 'normal' activities for us humans. Schools don't teach kids the practicalities of bobbing up the wrong'un nor do they show kids pictures of that sort of thing. What they actually do is let kids know that there are different types of relationships out there in the real world, so they won't feel uncomfortable when they encounter one. They don't encourage kids to experiment, nor are they playing God by indoctrinating young minds into the ways of brown-love.

Schools are supposed to equip kids for the big wide world, and they do that by letting kids know what goes on out there. The more a kid knows, the better equipped he or she is to make rational choices. It is the same with religion - personally I don't believe in any religion, but I want my kids to know about them because religion is history, and I want my kids to understand where we came from. Teaching kids about religion therefore is a good thing, provided the school doesn't try to indoctinate or force them to sing religious songs, pray or otherwise assume that they belong to one.

Playing God with a child's mind would be teaching them that there is only one way to live and that anything outside the set boundaries of a religion is wrong and should be punished. Fuck that!!! Smile

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:09 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

Playing God with a child's mind would be teaching them that there is only one way to live and that anything outside the set boundaries of a religion is wrong and should be punished. Fuck that!!! Smile

Which is what all religions do, and so they need to be eradicated. I don't propose forceful eradication, however, but eradication through education of real things. Displace religion, in effect.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:15 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip YFPOS wrote:
Diggs wrote:

Which is what all religions do, and so they need to be eradicated. I don't propose forceful eradication, however, but eradication through education of real things. Displace religion, in effect.

If only that would happen... Trouble is, some people quite like being part of a club of like minded individuals and they like the power it gives them over others even more.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:19 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

If only that would happen... Trouble is, some people quite like being part of a club of like minded individuals and they like the power it gives them over others even more.

Science has more potential for endowment of power than religion. Line up all your billions of religious folk, and array them against my nukes Twisted Evil

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:20 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Religious education is totally necessary in schools. RE lessons were fun as they were an opportunity to piss around and it was easy to get away with not really doing any work. Mr. Green

So I think that RE lessons about LGBTTQQIAAP would be great for everyone apart from the teacher. But save that stuff until kids are 11 or maybe 13, little kids don't need to know about the gender spectrum or the range of weird and wonderful sexual preferences.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:24 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
LGBTTQQIAAP

They're doomed. They can't even come up with a catchy acronym.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:25 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being gay is an ideology now?! When did this happen? Did I miss a meeting... again?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:26 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Religious education is totally necessary in schools. RE lessons were fun as they were an opportunity to piss around and it was easy to get away with not really doing any work. Mr. Green

So I think that RE lessons about LGBTTQQIAAP would be great for everyone apart from the teacher. But save that stuff until kids are 11 or maybe 13, little kids don't need to know about the gender spectrum or the range of weird and wonderful sexual preferences.

They don't get taught about sexual preferences, wonderful, weird or otherwise. They get shown a book featuring two male penguins and an egg. Whilst I haven't actually seen the book, I am confident it won't show one penguin shoving the egg up the other one's 'arris…. Smile

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:27 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Being gay is an ideology now?! When did this happen? Did I miss a meeting... again?

The cherry and dark chocolate Jaffa cakes one was on at the same time.
You must have been off sick that day.

Last edited by chickenstrip on 14:29 - 10 Jun 2019; edited 1 time in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:28 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

They don't get taught about sexual preferences, wonderful, weird or otherwise. They get shown a book featuring two male penguins and an egg...

Presumably with puzzled expressions.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:34 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

They don't get taught about sexual preferences, wonderful, weird or otherwise. They get shown a book featuring two male penguins and an egg...

Not actually sure how many expressions a penguin has. I'm assuming penguins were chosen for this book because it is actually the male that incubates the egg. The female only returns when the chick has hatched. I assume whilst away she goes on the piss...

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:43 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

Or did you mean the kids with puzzled expressions?

Given that they are taught that some bloke with a beard died then reappeared from behind a rock and floated off into the sky, that its ok to burn catholics once a year, and that they shouldn't talk to/take gifts from strangers yet are encouraged to sit on an old bloke's lap every christmas, I can't see two penguins and an egg causing confusion...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:47 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
They don't get taught about sexual preferences, wonderful, weird or otherwise. They get shown a book featuring two male penguins and an egg. Whilst I haven't actually seen the book, I am confident it won't show one penguin shoving the egg up the other one's 'arris…. Smile

And that educates them about trans? Eh?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:48 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pingu's got a lot to answer for.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:59 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Diggs: just so long as they're not educated by you Razz

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:59 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
a lot to answer for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4VvRWTD3Ok

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:03 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Diggs wrote:

And that educates them about trans? Eh?

Perhaps one of the penguins is wearing a frock?

That does raise a valid point - if you as resident internet detective don't know what these kids were shown, does anybody else on here?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:11 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

That does raise a valid point - if you as resident internet detective don't know what these kids were shown, does anybody else on here?

Oh great. Thanks for inviting Ste to do his worst Shocked

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:15 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Diggs: just so long as they're not educated by you Razz

I don't know. I'd like to think that an education by me would be rounded, unprejudiced and would give the little darlings the best possible start in life. They would learn that there is more to life than the bastards out there would otherwise have them believe.

Not sure how my methods would go down with the parents though, as Monday would be 'paint yourself black' day, Tuesday 'act like Alan Carr', Wednesday 'come to school in a wheelchair', Thursday 'hug a Muslim' and 'cross dressing' on Fridays. School dinners would be Hallal beansprouts and we'd all sing Bob Dylan songs in assembly. Kushti Wink

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:20 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

Oh great. Thanks for inviting Ste to do his worst Shocked

And 2 male penguins looking after an egg is the least of our worries now. Laughing

Though if someone with better internet skills than me could find this mythical penguin book and any other literature the mad mullahs are objecting to, I would quite like to peruse it.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:01 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BBC has just come up with a way to completely eradicate terrorism Dance! Dance!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7122123/BBC-reporters-told-stop-using-word-terror-unless-quoting-else.html

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:04 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let science give people their place in the scheme of things, teach them that instead.

We do, however, need to install good moral values in our kids, but religion isn't necessary for this in the modern day.

Not all religions are equal, and inevitably all have been abused by the power hungry at some point

Christianity is about living up to a higher value and accepting that as humans we are all flawed.
Science on the other hand is entirely amoral. Survival of the strongest does not make for a pleasant society. The only government's that I know of that have been without religion have been communist based.
You must be a communist nazi fascist. Thumbs Up All hail comrade chickstrip.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 311 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 169, 170, 171  Next
Page 123 of 171