Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Aprilia Rs125 or Honda NSR ??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Taken
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:41 - 24 Mar 2005    Post subject: Aprilia Rs125 or Honda NSR ?? Reply with quote

Hi im 17, i curently own a Gilera Runner SP50, i am stuck between buying a Rs125 or Honda NSR, i was told that the aprilia's go bang, quite alot when they arnt treated correctly. But they are very fast.

I saw the honda in my local motorbike shop today and it looked very nice indeed,, basically i just would like to hear everyones views on which is the best bike for me.

BTW I am not a chav, i dont ride my scooter like an div either.

ace2004k
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:47 - 24 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi m8

i own a rs125 and have had 2 others aswell, in my experience the better u look after them, the less they will cost ya! both the honda and aprilia are 12k+ revving 2 strokes so engine rebuilds are common on both. aprilia looks better, sounds better and would b just as reliable if treated well!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh|RD125LC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:13 - 24 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would go for a Honda NSR. Simply because they are Honda. They are more reliable than an RS if treated correctly, they look better IMO and they have pretty much the same performance, with the RS just edging out the NSR. But as you said they are pretty fast, but if you want to spend a lot of money on rebuilds, then go for it, Whereas the NSR is more reliable and well worth their price. But they are quite low, so they are not too good for people over 6 ft. Best person to ask about NSR's is NSR Kid UK (Andy) He has a nice NSR and I'm sure if you ask him nicely he will tell you a bit about them

(Watch out though, he's a chav so don't give him no sh*t!) Only joking Andy mate. I can't say much I'm pretty much chav too and I ain't afraid to admit it. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 20:26 - 24 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

RS Pros:
Arrow Better handling than the honda.
Arrow Faster.
Arrow Better looking (imo) better looking frame and swinger too.

NSR Pros:
Arrow The engine isn't as highly strung so shouldn't need rebuilding as often, if mis-treated though as most are, it will go bang.

RS Cons:
Arrow Needs looking after (don't take much) if you want to keep i running sweet.
Arrow They run crap when restricted.
Arrow A lot have been abused, so will blow up if not looked after.
Arrow Need rebuilding every 10-15k km.

NSR Cons:
Arrow Slower than rs
Arrow Uglier (imo)
Arrow Not as good handling
Arrow Again is a /fairly/ highly strung 2t so if abused it will blow up.
Arrow A lot have been abused.

Just a few off the top of my head.

Try www.125ccsportsbikes.com quite a few on there know what they are on about. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Stu_666
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:33 - 24 Mar 2005    Post subject: Re: Aprilia Rs125 or Honda NSR ?? Reply with quote

Taken wrote:
BTW I am not a chav, i dont ride my scooter like an div either.

Eye, glad ya cleared that up Smile

Not much difference between the two really. I think that RS might go a wee bit faster. The Honda in my opinion looks as though its got a more comfy seat and also the pillion seat looks more comfy, which is handy if you want to give the missus a ride Wink Also the NSR I looked at had bungy hooks which was quite a thoughtful touch I thought.

I had the same problem myself deciding between the two and in the end went for the RS mainly because it looked nicer (guess really I should have test ridden both of them, but there you go Rolling Eyes ). Haven't had any real problems so far apart from when I was running it in with starting the bike, which have disappeared now, and a problem with the powervalve but that should be sorted soon. Both should be pretty reliable as long as you do basic maintenance on them and keep to the service schedules.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tokarev
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 24 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what you should do is have a sit on both bikes and see which one you prefer. That's what i done, and i found that i prefered the NSR to the RS. Looks are down to personal preference.
IMO i like the NSR better (looks and feel) thats why i bought mine. I have never had any trouble with my NSR either.

What i can say is that there are a load more honda dealers about than aprillia ones and so if the need for spares arises then you can get them much more quickly and easily compared to getting spares for the aprillia. Thumbs Up

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:43 - 24 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom summed that up quite nicely to be honest.

I myself had an RS, only sold it a few weeks back. It served me well for a long time without any problems. But then again, I knew how to treat it right.

I would always go for the RS over the NSR. Better in every way.

Basically, if you keep it ran on the best oil you can afford, let it warm up to temperature before riding and keep to the service intervals, it'll run for a very long time, without problems, thats providing you bought a good one which hadnt been abused.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 45 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1