Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New Top Gear Sunday 16th June 8pm

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:28 - 13 Jun 2019    Post subject: New Top Gear Sunday 16th June 8pm Reply with quote

In their first adventure together, Freddie Flintoff, Chris Harris and Paddy McGuinness head to the searing heat of Ethiopia in their first cars.

Back at the track, Chris puts the Ferrari 488 Pista and McLaren 600LT through their paces

New faces Thinking

Always have a 'Plan B'

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:33 - 13 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean Harrison <<<who?

Him who is good at motorcycle road racing has asked to go on the show.

Quote:
Can you make an IOM TT winner's dream come true? I'd love to take on the TopGear track! Reckon even on four wheels I could get close to top of the leaderboard! Over to you

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 13 Jun 2019    Post subject: Re: New Top Gear Sunday 16th June 8pm Reply with quote

Fizzer Thou wrote:
Paddy McGuinness

Fuxache. Sick
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

dransy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:43 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be watching it ! Looks good . Either that or watch fucking Corrie or some shit with misses !

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:43 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ads for it looked shit, the BBC should give up on Top Gear already.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:32 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it's the same as the Clartsin years.

I skip the studio shit and sometimes skip the rest of the show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:13 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had it on as background noise, didn't appear too bad.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:11 - 17 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same format as the Clarkson years but at least there seemed a bit of chemistry between these 3 .

Probably the best team since Clarkson and co. Actually it was Clarkson and co. Mk2.

Even down to short people jokes.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:02 - 17 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Same format as the Clarkson years but at least there seemed a bit of chemistry between these 3 .

Probably the best team since Clarkson and co. Actually it was Clarkson and co. Mk2.

Even down to short people jokes.

There's your problem boss. It was originally a show about cars. Then three blokes arrived that got on with each other and it was about cars and the occasional unscripted funny bit, because they were (back then) funny. Then AlBeeb thought the show was about comedy, not cars, and have spent fucking squillions trying to 'protect the format' while not realising that:
1) they aren't funny any more
2) you can't script the funny into the show
3) when all else fails and you sack the main man, you've sacked your own show
4) putting three other people together 'with chemistry' is NOT science, it's embarrasing
5) Paddy McGuinness is a complete mong
If someone at the BBC is able to read, and by chance is reading this: print this out in large type and take it to one of your board meetings. Maybe even the one about pensioners losing TV licenses, I see a large number of 'targetmarkets' who might be pissy about this.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:21 - 17 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could have posted this in the political thread but....

Top Gear cars painted with Pride flags in protest at Brunei anti-LGBT laws

https://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-news/top-gear-cars-painted-with-pride-flags-in-protest-at-brunei-anti-lgbt-laws-11364370321672

So, BBC correct? BBC being SJW's?

My view is that it's for politicians to make the point not a so called independent TV channel but other might think it justified.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:10 - 21 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, having watched it I thought it was pretty reasonable. If people have decided they don’t (won’t?) like it then don’t watch it? Don’t watch all of the episodes purely so you can chomp about how shit it is? Just turn the telly off / over. Simple, no?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 21 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

5th gear was better apart from the egos of the presenters.

They did actual back to back tests, lap times, economy and performance tests of real cars that you or I might buy like Fiestas or Polo's not 488 superitalia legerra Carbonfibre jizz explosion editions.

5th gear presenters were dicks, but at least 3 of them could hustle a car round any UK circuit far quicker than BCF members, so their views were semi valid IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:21 - 22 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
Well, having watched it I thought it was pretty reasonable. If people have decided they don’t (won’t?) like it then don’t watch it? Don’t watch all of the episodes purely so you can chomp about how shit it is? Just turn the telly off / over. Simple, no?

Yeah, it wasn't awful. It's 50/50 whether I bother watching more. Last series though I lost interest about 3 episodes in and, well, it just wasn't important enough to watch!

2 northerners vs the short man. Yes, I think they missed a trick there and that's not just me banging the drum for "diversity" variety is a thing too Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 302 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1