Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cbr 600 f4 2000 strange sounds and no electricitt

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kimek
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:02 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Cbr 600 f4 2000 strange sounds and no electricitt Reply with quote

Hello everybody.
I just get my bike from well know service in York. Chain was replaced and something related with chain.
I just get to home and all electricity go down.
Also bike sounds really strange https://youtu.be/U5_RUENgK9g
Could anybody check sounds of this bike and let me know is it save to go to service on the bike or should I call them for pick up?
I've also check fuse 30a under seat and all is fine. I don't know were are other ones Sad I'm don't know nothing about motorbikes and cars. Just pass.my licence 1 moth ago.
Thank you a lot in advance. For any help I can pay forward in Web design development area.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 20:05 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the voltage across the battery terminals with the engine running. You should be seeing about 14.5V. If it is less (usually below 12V) then your reg/rec is probably toast.

Kimek
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:14 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for fast replay. As I understand I need to get some voltage device and touch side of battery when engine is running. I will check that tomorrow.
I am most worry about sounds of bike as it was soundimg like propa cbr 600 and next to home it started sounds like loud scooter with sounds of opening closing metal if this make sense...

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 22:15 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, check the voltage with voltmeter or multimeter, set to DC volts. Do it with the engine running, best to do it at idle and at about 4000rpm. If the reg/rec is only half dead it might produce a reasonable voltage - 12-13V - at idle, but drop off as the revs rise.

In the video it just sounds like a lawnmower. It's not right, but hard to tell what is wrong. Best guess is that it's dropped down to two cylinders, or is only firing occasionally because it's trying to run off a mostly flat battery.

A dead reg/rec means your battery isn't charging, and the whole bike is running off the battery. It will usually behave normally like this for about half an hour, then start to feel like it is running out of fuel. Running out of electricity feels a lot like running out of petrol.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Re: Cbr 600 f4 2000 strange sounds and no electricitt Reply with quote

Kimek wrote:
(with snips) I just get my bike from well know service in York. Chain was replaced and something related with chain.
I just get to home and all electricity go down. Also bike sounds really strange https://youtu.be/U5_RUENgK9g I'm don't know nothing about motorbikes and cars.

First, tell the well-known service station about it.

Which chain was replaced, by the way? What does it say on your receipt or whatever, if ypou have one??

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:50 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye... big difference between a timing chain and the big chunky one at the back Smile

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:53 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Aye... big difference between a timing chain and the big chunky one at the back Smile

It sounds very gas-leaky to me. The OP needs to be more specific about what was done (and give the service firm ear ache).

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:10 - 17 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

""""should I call them for pick up? """
good idea.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 287 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1