Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Longjia lj50qt-3l

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Thecavvielady
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:50 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Longjia lj50qt-3l Reply with quote

Hey guys
I recently was given a longjia lj50qt-3l, it needs a little work but it's a project for me and something to distract me from some family issues going on, I'm caring for my mum who is at home receiving end of life care. My problem is I need a new exhaust as its rusted and the pipe has a massive split in. I'm not good with all the terms of bikes and such so please bare with me. Can anyone please help me and give me some advice on what exhaust would fit my scooter it's a 4 stroke I'm pretty sure. Thank you for any help you can give
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.chinesemotorcyclepartsonline.co.uk/microfiche/8008/348

If you bung your scooter's make/model/year into a search engine you should get results.

Thecavvielady
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:10 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

If you bung your scooter's make/model/year into a search engine you should get results.

Thank you I will take a look at that now, I did see this site on Google but didn't know if there was anywhere else that would be a good place Thank you for your help
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thecavvielady wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

Thank you I will take a look at that now, I did see this site on Google but didn't know if there was anywhere else that would be a good place Thank you for your help

They are quite common machines and should be easy things to get spare parts for.

I'm sure there will be people here who'll give advice if you get stuck.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:45 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pretty generic GY6 type scooter by the looks of it. "LJ50 Exhaust" gets plenty of hits in eBay - just be careful the mounts look the same as yours and you'll be fine.

Also, some scooters have a port on the exhaust that feeds back to the air box (usually later models) for emissions. If yours has such a port you can either get another that does or delete the emissions pipe (i.e. block up the hole on the air filter.)

Thecavvielady
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:17 - 17 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
It's a pretty generic GY6 type scooter by the looks of it. "LJ50 Exhaust" gets plenty of hits in eBay - just be careful the mounts look the same as yours and you'll be fine.

Also, some scooters have a port on the exhaust that feeds back to the air box (usually later models) for emissions. If yours has such a port you can either get another that does or delete the emissions pipe (i.e. block up the hole on the air filter.)

Thank you for the reply and I really appriciate it, this will help me alot and give me other places to look for parts. I'm not too sure if it has a port running to the air filter but I will go out and have a look later this afternoon. The weather has been rubbish here for weeks constant rain so I've secured a gazebo in my back garden and the bike is in there with all the stuff I'm using to fix it so it's like a little temp garage it's perfect for what I need as I want the bike to be in good shape so I'm going over the whole thing bit by bit. I will prob be here asking other questions as I didn't know a thing about bikes before not even how to start one but I'm doing pretty well I've got a manual and I've looked anything else up online so wish me luck guys and thanks for your help

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:28 - 17 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, no problem. My neighbours gave me a scooter last month and I'm putting it through the MoT this week Smile

Watch some YouTube videos on basic 4-strokes, carburettors and scooter CVT systems. Apart from the CVT these scooters are about the simplest road vehicle you could possibly work on. Best of luck!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 307 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1