Make your own....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 08:40 - 22 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Which one am I thinking of... a compact Glock with a (mostly) polymer slide?

None, all have metal slides. FN has a pistol that looks like a polymer slide, the Five-Seven,but it's steel with a polymer shell.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:57 - 22 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So would that printed gun actually work or blow up in your face?

It's not like a rifle with a long barrel where I would expect the huge pressures build up.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:41 - 22 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeywrencher wrote:
HardlyDavidson wrote:
Which one am I thinking of... a compact Glock with a (mostly) polymer slide?

None, all have metal slides. FN has a pistol that looks like a polymer slide, the Five-Seven,but it's steel with a polymer shell.

Ah, thanks... I knew there was one Smile

With regards to "will it blow up" consider this...

A good long while ago I was part of a murder investigation for a drug dealer that died in a nightclub toilet.

The murder weapon was identified as "key fob gun" where you basically just have a clip holding the bullet casing and a tiny little hammer mechanism that strikes the cap. Apparently even point blank isn't close enough range and usually said weapon is held up to the neck...

Police didn't manage to find any witnesses (in a nightclub with hundreds off ppl in) so they had to peg it down as death by misadventure, something along the lines off "the deceased may have been brandishing the weapon and it went off accidentally" mmm... one of those "knife in back, must be suicide" type things Sad

Anyhoo, low grain rounds only pls! Expect effective range to be less than point blank... TBH better off with ninja stars and throwing knives Twisted Evil

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:02 - 22 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Police didn't manage to find any witnesses (in a nightclub with hundreds off ppl in) so they had to peg it down as death by misadventure

Is that normal practice? To think of something and "put it down to that"?

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:53 - 22 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the UK, as far as I'm aware, the only part of a firearm that is restricted to buy as a spare part is the barrel. That has the number marking that id's the weapon. So in theory you could mail order all the other parts anyway (I've read press reports of people who have done exactly this and only been caught by chance when the barrels were imported).
I've also read about zip guns which are one shot tubes, home made.
Similarly, I think the only restricted part of ammo making is the primer.
As soon as you assemble anything though you're fair game for incarceration, and quite honestly anything you assemble is likely to be both inaccurate and dangerous. Stuff that.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:48 - 22 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/518193/Guidance_on_Firearms_Licensing_Law_April_2016_v20.pdf&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj9kZn_tv3iAhXFnVwKHaB9D0kQFjAAegQICxAB&usg=AOvVaw3TdDqV72WqYCxopfRJudqS

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:16 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
HardlyDavidson wrote:
Police didn't manage to find any witnesses (in a nightclub with hundreds off ppl in) so they had to peg it down as death by misadventure

Is that normal practice? To think of something and "put it down to that"?

Well what could they do?

This night club was, during the week, a strip club but on a Sunday (IIRC) it became the unofficial neutral ground for most of the drug dealers in Manchester. Now, unlike The Continental, these... err... sort of ppl were a bit sketchy on the concepts of honouring "neutral territory" but TBH this was the worst incident and led to the place getting shut down. Not for the murder mind you but it shone a spot light on the owner's finances and the income from the um... brothels. She legged it to Spain with a conviction for "immoral earnings" in absentia.

Anyhoo, by the time the plod got on the scene everyone had legged it. We managed to identify a good stack of known faces from the CCTV but if/when someone caught up with them for a chat it was "I wasn't there, I didn't see nuffink!" (And there was no CCTV in the lavvies, soz!)

Let's face it: no one was that bothered at the time about the actual murder of a drug dealer (but hey! the mum said he was a lovely lad and never did nothing to no one, always carried Nonna's shopping etc.) but a collar for murder + firearms would have been nice.

But faced with a wall of silence what are you meant to do with such a case? Leave it open or tidy it up?

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:36 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
In the UK, as far as I'm aware, the only part of a firearm that is restricted to buy as a spare part is the barrel. That has the number marking that id's the weapon. So in theory you could mail order all the other parts anyway (I've read press reports of people who have done exactly this and only been caught by chance when the barrels were imported).
I've also read about zip guns which are one shot tubes, home made.
Similarly, I think the only restricted part of ammo making is the primer.
As soon as you assemble anything though you're fair game for incarceration, and quite honestly anything you assemble is likely to be both inaccurate and dangerous. Stuff that.

Any pressure bearing component is restricted.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:20 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dare say there's a whole cottage industry for 3d printing gun accessories and frames. Imagine you can get a custom grip made for your favourite "piece" based on a moulding of your own hand. And you can have it printed in PVC, poly carbonate, wood or metal...

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:38 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

But still a shotgun certificate is the easiest way to get a gun. Its only your local gangster or drug dealer who can't go this route.

Polarbear wrote:
So would that printed gun actually work or blow up in your face?

It's not like a rifle with a long barrel where I would expect the huge pressures build up.

The pressure is independent of the length of the barrel, it's in the area between the case and the projectile. Max pressure for a pistol type round like 9mm is 35,000 psi! It's not hard to find hydraulic rated steel tube.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 307 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2