Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Dainese Super Speed - very good summer jacket

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Dainese Super Speed - very good summer jacket Reply with quote

Bit fat / hot. Want something that zips to existing gear .... has anyone tried this jacket? If so, any feedback?

Last edited by UncleFester on 18:20 - 27 Jun 2019; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up the Super Speed textile jacket today, took the windproof liner out and that's nice and cool. Not cheap though, and had to buy an insert for the back as it didn't come with one.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:45 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea that looks ok. Be interested in how it fits at neck etc. Not so worried about the back thing as i'd just swap over what i already have on the days it's going to be warm.

I've tried perforated leathers - they are ok up to about 25 degrees. Same as Goretex textiles ... but once you get past 25 degrees and on a faired 1000cc bike, it needs a more drastic approach and no one want s to see my whale carcass in one of those MotoX playsuits Smile

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:08 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that - one of those on the way. Just looks that bit better designed than the original one i was looking at.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:41 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Yea that looks ok. Be interested in how it fits at neck etc. Not so worried about the back thing as i'd just swap over what i already have on the days it's going to be warm.

I've tried perforated leathers - they are ok up to about 25 degrees. Same as Goretex textiles ... but once you get past 25 degrees and on a faired 1000cc bike, it needs a more drastic approach and no one want s to see my whale carcass in one of those MotoX playsuits Smile

I found the sizing a touch smaller, the 56 (EUR) is apparently a 48" chest but it's still a snug fit. I do like it though.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:41 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figure once you've stuck armour in place / have something under it you'll easy take up that extra space. Mine should be here tomorrow and then that's finally me sorted for hot commutes.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:22 - 27 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking jacket. Exactly what i was after. Rode home , cool and unsweaty.

XL Moto doing them for £214
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 298 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1