Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

ULEZ Loophole

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:06 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is now a proposal for the entirety of the expanded Heathrow airport (a vast area) to come under its own ULEZ scheme. Heathrow airport (0% British-owned) is a major private landowner and is set to become much bigger than it already is. It will lie on both sides of the M25 divide. The latest Heathrow expansion proposal has the support of all (fully brown-paper-packeted, presumably) surrounding borough councils and local authorities, Conservative and Labour.

Initial noises:
https://mediacentre.heathrow.com/pressrelease/details/81/Corporate-operational-24/11116

Regardless of what it says or doesn't say, the crucial elements in this story appear to me to be:

1) M25 is what's considered London's ring-road, but this will become a disputed point, because Heathrow will sort of bleed out considerably outside the M25 boundary.
2) They claim they can have this new expanded airport and ULEZ scheme up and running by 2026.

This means the real (secret, not the softly-softly press release) deal probably involves harmonisation with London's ULEZ scheme by 2026. They have probably already worked out how much this will net them in profits. In effect this will extend ULEZ to areas outside the M25. As it's a profit-making private enterprise, I don't see them fixating on "Euro 4" for long - they will shift the goalposts because most cars already comply with this. This is the first clue that this is a softly-softly press release full of lies. The second clue is that they're going through a "consultation period" right now, which involves tea and coffee and cheap cakes in hotels which the public can attend and where they can say things that won't matter.

I think they've accurately guessed that holidaymakers won't mind spending £15-£17 a shot (which is what I guess they actually have in mind to charge) for a visit to the airport, as they are occasional airport users. This is how Heathrow will slip this one through. However, the crunch is, you won't have to be actually visiting the airport to be subject to this charge. You will just have to be passing through there.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not being funny, but why are you kicking up a stink about bikes that must be at a minimum of 12 years old !! Just get a newer bike, doesn't even have to be that new, if genuinely used regularly for commuting etc, then, surely the mileage on these old bikes must probably mean they are long past their sell by dates anyhow !! Surely most bikes in 'regular' use over 12 years must have at least 100K on the clock, unless you spread the load across multiple bikes, but even then, they'd have to have a hefty number of miles on them !!

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:39 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Not being funny, but why

I ride for leisure, not commuting. I prefer to ride older bikes, not for economical reasons but because they are a lot different and offer a different experience - new bikes are not equivalent by any means. In the future I hope to acquire a BMW airhead boxer, perhaps an R80 or R100. The oldest bike I own is 35 years old, it's in perfect condition and it's a lot of fun. It's like the classic/vintage car thing - either you get it or you don't. I'm not on a road to nowhere trying to get new this, new that for no reason - I just like what I like. I would also add that I'm not like many bikers who ride newer bikes in other ways, too. Take for example that guy with the polite vest who had a spot of legal trouble... He had a new bike, he probably has one now. He commuted by bike to London, but he lost his home because he rented it... That's another reasons why I don't follow the line of thinking/way of life you suggest. Or that cyclist who could be bankrupted by a court order that he pays £100K. Nah, fuck that way of life. I'm not with the programme, see.

The sum effect of the proposal is that there are entire towns and areas of land which come under the Heathrow expansion proposal where I, just like you and everyone else, am able to ride at the moment without paying any special tax. There are public roads ('the Queen's highway') there, and those roads are managed by council voted for by the people who live in those areas. The public.

Following the expansion, there will not be those roads. Entire towns and villages will cease to exist, and the land they currently occupy will belong to Qatari/Chinese/Spanish/Canadian holding companies, as they will belong to Heathrow. These private interests will then tax those roads. Never mind your new bike or car - they are already pedestrianising the towns around there through the back door by narrowing the roads, making them more inconvenient on purpose, etc. They're coming out and being open about such moves now.

And that Euro 3/4 boundary is going to shift before long, mark my words. Then what, buy an even newer bike and car? No, this needs to be challenged and resisted or it's loss after loss.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:27 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:

I ride for leisure, not commuting. I prefer to ride older bikes, not for economical reasons but because they are a lot different and offer a different experience - new bikes are not equivalent by any means. In the future I hope to acquire a BMW airhead boxer, perhaps an R80 or R100. The oldest bike I own is 35 years old, it's in perfect condition and it's a lot of fun. It's like the classic/vintage car thing - either you get it or you don't. I'm not on a road to nowhere trying to get new this, new that for no reason - I just like what I like. I would also add that I'm not like many bikers who ride newer bikes in other ways, too. Take for example that guy with the polite vest who had a spot of legal trouble... He had a new bike, he probably has one now. He commuted by bike to London, but he lost his home because he rented it... That's another reasons why I don't follow the line of thinking/way of life you suggest. Or that cyclist who could be bankrupted by a court order that he pays £100K. Nah, fuck that way of life. I'm not with the programme, see.

The sum effect of the proposal is that there are entire towns and areas of land which come under the Heathrow expansion proposal where I, just like you and everyone else, am able to ride at the moment without paying any special tax. There are public roads ('the Queen's highway') there, and those roads are managed by council voted for by the people who live in those areas. The public.

Following the expansion, there will not be those roads. Entire towns and villages will cease to exist, and the land they currently occupy will belong to Qatari/Chinese/Spanish/Canadian holding companies, as they will belong to Heathrow. These private interests will then tax those roads. Never mind your new bike or car - they are already pedestrianising the towns around there through the back door by narrowing the roads, making them more inconvenient on purpose, etc. They're coming out and being open about such moves now.

And that Euro 3/4 boundary is going to shift before long, mark my words. Then what, buy an even newer bike and car? No, this needs to be challenged and resisted or it's loss after loss.

That's personal choice as to whether you ride a bike over 12 years old or not, leisure is not the same as commuting, so, really only covers occasional use, you don't have to ride in the ulez, especially if riding for leisure.. Once Heathrow has been upgraded, from what you describe, you wouldn't want to ride round there for leisure anyhow, however, I'm guessing based on your response, you are also against HS2, and, should also be against any new roads, especially any that cut through the 'green belt' lands, oh, and lord help us if we need to build a new reservoir and flood a town or 2, it's not like that's been done before..

Eventually running old petrol powered vehicles will become so niche and restricted, ulez zones will be the least of the problems, as, the percentage of electric vehicles increase, ultimately, the number of 'petrol' stations will invariably decrease.. Having said that, over time, I suspect actually owning a vehicle will become the exception rather than the norm. I should also point out, I own all my bikes outright, not, entirely sure what point you were trying to make there. As for pedesrtianising, I for one, really don't see the issue with that, and, again, is hardly a new phenomena, that's been happening since the late 50's, early 60's at least.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:48 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
I should also point out, I own all my bikes outright, not, entirely sure what point you were trying to make there.

Wasn't making a point about you or anyone else (except maybe the polite vest guy or the cyclist, whom I used as examples). I gathered from your list of bikes past and present it's obvious you're the owner rather than leaser type. My point was, the path of least resistance always seems to be the one path in which people encounter the most resistance. It was actually a bike salesman in Croydon who told me, when I was in my 20s and was mooching around his shop and wanted a new bike, to not take out a credit agreement. A bike salesman, believe it or not... Anyway, just saying that if you replace your bike because of ULEZ, someone else makes money, and then you will have to replace it again, and if you're a bike commuter how much money could you really afford to burn. Then that cyclist guy, no beard, had a regular job, had a metrosexual haircut (lol), had a bicycle, and probably his whole life was bent around fitting in and capitulating, so when the court claim arrived at his door he persisted in his habit of rolling over, and he got it in the ass lol.

Yes, in a way all I really care about is riding for fun on good days. But it's a nice hobby/obsession/way of life, and it's harmless compared with these guys hired by megacorporations who want to butcher all that's left of the countryside, who are also busy subverting local systems, etc. in readiness for this great dystopia they're going to foist on us.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:

Anyway, just saying that if you replace your bike because of ULEZ, someone else makes money, and then you will have to replace it again, and if you're a bike commuter how much money could you really afford to burn.

Perhaps, aren't you someone who takes advantage of that?? Buying up these old bikes that have conveniently dropped even further in price for you..

As for the towns affected by Heathrow's expansion, I know the area reasonably well, no great loss, just a couple of nondescript towns..

As I've said, you complain about that, but, no doubt, if they were to be demolisehed for some lovely new roads, you'd be less against it. I note your dig about the bikes I've owned, however, I think you'll find the they were all new, including the VTX and America, apart from the divvy & bullet. Still, I also don't have any mortgage left to pay, probably an advantage of not living in the south east..

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
I note your dig about the bikes I've owned,

Nope, that's all in your head.

Quote:
I think you'll find the they were all new, including the VTX and America, apart from the divvy & bullet.

I've never bought a new bike and I never will. I might get another C90 one day. One of the major issues with this sort of campaigning is, there's far too much preoccupation with socio-economic standing. Let's face it, it's a British thing. I don't suffer from that disease in the slightest, but it does handicap the likes of MAG. As I recall mentioning somewhere else, depending on who you are, sooner or later people expect you to buy a Harley or equivalent simply to prove your right to still be alive and drawing breath. These are the same people who ditched their mates and sold their bikes as soon as they got married. Not my crowd.

Anyway, it's true the roads are pretty bad, grim and ugly around Heathrow. Last time I found myself there I was trying to get somewhere else lol. No reason to go there for a leisure ride on a bike. But the issue I have is, this sets a precedent in many different ways. The same arguments for the Heathrow ULEZ could easily be reused for future projects around the country.

Old Sod
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:44 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

ULEZ will be rolled out nationwide given half a chance. It starts with one town and area, expands, and before you know it, all the major towns are joining in, and the smaller ones too. Then the villages, and Bingo - all the interconnecting roads. All based upon a very questionable ideology with precious few facts to back it up. Cleaner air - who would argue that was not wanted?

I rode despatch for over twenty years, have always ridden, but drive too and was trained professionally. Only ever had two new bikes for despatching (the first two), the other four were second hand. Of the four I now have the youngest is a 1978 Le Mans. Not interested in new bikes, though the new Interceptor has appeal I'm simply not in the market for new.

Pollution. DEFRA do a daily forecast. Often the same countrywide - from Hackney to the Highlands (of Scotland), and will include industrial air pollution from Northern France and Germany, along with pollen, the latter giving me trouble just now - and that don't come out of any exhaust pipe!

https://uk-air.defra.gov.uk/forecasting/locations?q=Hackney%2C+London
https://www.taxpayersalliance.com/there_s_something_in_the_air
https://www.abd.org.uk/category/air-pollution/

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:49 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newcastle upon Tyne is seriously considering a low emissions zone.
The problem is, the city is quite compact and the zone is compounded by the central group of bridges over the Tyne. There's also Central Motorway skimming the edge of the city center. Obviously for maximum profit the proposal includes those major city links. I won't even go into mentioning the major hospital within the proposed zone which isn't served well by public transport..

We all know the things are invented to raid pockets. One of the Newcastle monitoring sites for air pollution was actually placed beside a bus station and just before the exit traffic control lights. It means a constant supply of a waiting buses aiming their exhausts at the sensor! People complained but the council refused to listen and added the pollution figures to the plan for the zone.
(struggling to find the link for that monitor and complaints but it's out there)

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:07 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birmingham's clean air zone starts in January, good news for us is that motorbikes are exempt !! As for cars, I think it's £10.00 per day

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:15 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the central point is that certain people want all private road vehicles gone: cars, vans, bikes, the lot! Petrol, diesel or even electric is neither here nor there.

With private vehicle ownership ppl have freedom. Can't have that now, can we!

.Chris.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:52 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not being funny, but why are you kicking up a stink about bikes that must be at a minimum of 12 years old !! Just get a newer bike...

That's personal choice as to whether you ride a bike over 12 years old or not...

This sort of attitude absolutely stinks. Even if you accept it's a 'personal choice' (which just about everything is on some level), what this represents is the government getting involved in that personal choice in a way it never has before. Hitherto, with very good reason the principle has always been that vehicles have to comply with the regulations in force when they're new, but new standards only apply to new vehicles.

Low emission zones chip away at that principle, which means that now, none of us can be sure that our vehicles won't be banned from the roads at some point in the future (or subject to prohibitive taxation) because they don't meet some aspect of the ever-changing and expanding rulebook.

As others have said the goalposts will probably move to Euro 4 for bikes before too long, so those who have 'upgraded' to secondhand Euro 3 machines will find themselves having to do so again.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:46 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I got caught with this directly: bought a "green" diesel and paid no road tax and no congestion charge for the first 3 years. After that it wasn't green enough for the congestion charge and now it isn't green enough for the ULEZ Sad

<addendum> the "old attitude" was in line with considering most of the environmental impact was in the making of the vehicle rather than the running.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:48 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Chris. wrote:

This sort of attitude absolutely stinks. Even if you accept it's a 'personal choice' (which just about everything is on some level), what this represents is the government getting involved in that personal choice in a way it never has before. Hitherto, with very good reason the principle has always been that vehicles have to comply with the regulations in force when they're new, but new standards only apply to new vehicles.

Low emission zones chip away at that principle, which means that now, none of us can be sure that our vehicles won't be banned from the roads at some point in the future (or subject to prohibitive taxation) because they don't meet some aspect of the ever-changing and expanding rulebook.

As others have said the goalposts will probably move to Euro 4 for bikes before too long, so those who have 'upgraded' to secondhand Euro 3 machines will find themselves having to do so again.

It's not just the UK where this is happening, times have changed.. Infact from, 2030, unless you're driving/riding an electric vehicle, you'll be banned from driving or riding said vehicle in 2030 regardless in Amsterdam. I very much doubt that Amsterdam will be the last city to do this around the world..

Likewise, Ireland has jumped onto the year 2030, along with Germany, Netherlands and India !!, being the year when the sale of new petrol and diesel vehicles will be banned, makes the UK's current year of 2040 look overly generous, or, well behind the curve, even if the government caves into pressure and brings that down to 2032, we'll still be behind the curve.

It won't be overly long before it really doesn't matter what certification you fossil powered vehicle is, it could very well be very restricted as to where it can go, which in turn will drive down the market for fossil fueled vehicles, which in turn will drastically impact the profitability of petrol stations, making the fuel itself far harder to come by, making the vehicles all the more impractical.

I'd say, make the most of the next 6-10 years, after that, fossil fueled vehicles will start to become something of a novelty, be it euro 3,4,5,6 ..... etc

.Chris.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:01 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

...None of which offers any reasoning as to whether this is a good thing or the right thing.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:25 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Chris. wrote:
...None of which offers any reasoning as to whether this is a good thing or the right thing.

Nobody [in power] has done "the right thing" since the 19th Century Sad

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Chris. wrote:

Haven't said whether it's good or bad, however, I guess anything that will help with taking harmful emissions out of the environment, can, ultimately only be good, unless of course you're too selfish to try and improve life for future generations. As to whether the methods for getting there are good or bad, is another thing entirely. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with any of the above, it is however, the direction the world is traveling in.

Personally, I do disagree with money making schemes masquerading as climate improvement measures, which in London at least, has been seen to be nothing more than that, otherwise why will the congestion charge apply to 0 emissions vehicles in 2 or 3 years time, can't remember the exact date now. I wish they would just be honest, and openly admit it's a revenue earning scheme, with the added advantage that it will aid in improving the air quality, at least in the short to medium term.

I don't however have any objection to ULEZ's in principal, and I agree, something, both local and global needs to be done to help tackle climate change. And, on the subject of aviation, from the middle of the next decade, there will be the start of 'electric' operated airline flights of upto 1500 miles, and, for long haul, it looks like hybrid technology will be in use, this is in addition to some very efficient engine technology at present. And for rail, the current target is to be diesel free by 2040, with various options, battery, hydrogen power and straight electric. So, it's not just the private owner vehicles that are taking the 'hit' so to speak.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:44 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

To occupy the moral high ground, it's necessary to have the facts and arguments properly evaluated, and to be fair to MAG and their European partners, they have done a pretty good job of this (although they've missed out publishing straightforward, easy-to-read comparison and information charts for general public dissemination).

However, by far the biggest failing of MAG and the organisations we have, which sometimes afford us some advocacy in this matter, is the absence of successful public and media outreach. Legal recourses have also been brushed aside, inexplicably, but the more accessible tactic in this situation must surely be media and public outreach. This is just how I would do it. It's like rock music. You need to make it edgy and a bit sexy or you may as well just go home. Innovative ways need to be found to grasp the media bull by the horns, get this issue fronted and discussed with a view not as much to arguments (as these have already been laid out and the moral high ground has been won) as to appearances. Slick young people, women, "right-on" people, whoever or whatever is considered cool with the young folk these days, crass music and haircuts, etc. Identify the leader types, get them on bikes, make videos, etc.

All democracies have a high turnover rate of political frontmen, and ours is no exception. Roughly, every 5 to 15 years so far we've had a government political party swapover, and at much greater frequency, changeovers of key ministers and other figures. What doesn't really shift is the makeup of local and central government servants, and this fact appears to have been exploited by the latest breed - the newest generation - of lobby groups (greens, previously Common Purpose, Momentum, etc.) which target more entrenched establishments (the NHS, education sector, govt departments, etc.) than political parties. These considerations vis a vis the changing nature of political policy-influencing tactics are important in the light of the declared future dates for imposed and enforced changes that will affect our motorcycling enjoyment. What was originally posited for 2040 has been shifted to 2030. Why the haste? I would surmise because it's harder to get all the stars to line up for long-term political policies than short ones, for reasons related to government and policy turnover.

What kind of thing could throw a spanner in the works of this enforced and irrational grab for our freedoms?
- A state of war.
- Reconstitution of the governments of the UK and Europe (the USA will not spearhead the sort of unwelcome changes we're seeing being proposed).

In the latter instance, there does seem to be a realistic chance of a changeover from our current 2-party system to a coalition of sorts (this has happened before). It's reasonable to expect a further reshuffling of the deck long before 2030.

The point being, I don't think it's necessarily a losing hand. A lot of ordinary people are wise to the revenue motives behind the industry-led ULEZ proposals. The political frontmen for these proposals appear to be of the same stamp as the old-school "cash for questions" type. In addition, there are media, public outreach and legal tactics that have not yet even been attempted. Ten years is a very long time in politics.

Old Sod
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 07:56 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow the money.

That's where you will find the reasoning behind control of the masses. It can be pinpointed to 1760 as a starting point (some would argue earlier), proceeded to the creation of the Federal Reserve encompassing banks, the judiciary and the media, creating World Wars to make the desire for 'peace' all the more wanted. Peace at any price, and millions have paid the ultimate. In almost every instance the 'threat' has been by design to further empower the elites.

With the coming of weapons of globally devastating power which can mostly be seen as deterrents - teeth behind closed lips, a new threat has had to be created - from the environment, and mankind has been chosen as his own nemesis through using fossil fuels - plenty of willing hands to be found there. But the worst kind of pollution has come from the media and fraudulent governments. That is the most powerful weapon that feeds the conciousness of mankind in seemingly destroying his environment and the planet. We need to 'Save the Planet' - George Carlin did a sketch on that.

The media is owned, that is why they will never stand up and tell what is increasingly becoming widespread knowledge through the alternative sources. The judiciary is owned, that is why a couple who have developed a cure for cancer are being imprisioned and the likes of whistleblowers such as Julian Assange locked up - for helping people, and telling it like it is.

Mankinds weakness is his gullibility in pandering to wanting more than he has got. This applies mostly to the Western World, but the Western World is the most dominant, and Third World countries always look up to it and emulate it - or - try to destroy it. That's another bucket of worms that is also directed by the real power in the World. Who are they?

Most people will not make the time to find out. Most will not believe what they hear or read when they are presented with something the main stream media do not publish - because they don't want you to know. Knowledge is power. Those who choose what you will be told are the ones in power.

Starters;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=ForvEyNABs8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0DbgfmRSAQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=sqxq03izxrQ

These long videos often get taken down, but are put up again under another title. Watch while you can - believe or disbelieve as you wish.

And if you are into getting deeper down the rabbit hole:
https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/605099/nothing-in-this-book-is-true-but-its-exactly-how-things-are-25th-anniversary-edition-by-bob-frissell/9781623173715
Now, that is heavy.

Amidst all this the plight of a few bikers and ULEZ might seem trivial, but that is how mankind is seen by those with real power - trivial, expendable, insignificant. Yet we outnumber the powerful by 1,000,000 - 1 (or more). The 1, are the herders. The rest actually desire to be herded. Willing participants. It must be good - right? Cattle, to be bled with punitive taxes.

DEFRA pollution forecasts:
https://uk-air.defra.gov.uk/forecasting/locations?q=Hackney%2C+London

We are constantly bombarded with how London has high pollution levels. Yet check out the DEFRA site above, and scan any other part of the UK.

It's all about the money - and political careers.

Extinction Rebellion. Here's what they left behind in Hyde Park a while back:

https://i.ibb.co/wMJrXYM/The-wake-of-the-Eco-Warriors-Hyde-Park-London.jpg

Old Sod
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:10 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a PS really, I could have tacked it onto the last post but it would have got lost in the debris.

There was a so called 'debate' in the House yesterday over amendments to the Climate Change Act (CCC). I don't do Twitter, but a Ben Pile does, and followed the debate. The link will show just how empty headed our so called representatives in Parliament are in seeking Net Zero carbon emissions, the cost of which will be a trillion pounds sterling, for no return in the larger scale of things:

https://twitter.com/clim8resistance/status/1143198427880329217

Who pays? Guess.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:55 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Sod that's fantastic. You're spot on. It's so obvious and yet people fail to see it - lots of people.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:57 - 26 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you guys 100%, but if I had to give these globalists, long-term strategists credit for anything, it wouldn't be for the execution or the planning, but rather for their understanding of human nature. They know and fully understand that the human being is weak, selfish, cowardly, spiteful and utterly crass in all respects. If you can understand theirs, and yet hide others' own nature from them (e.g. with ideas of morality), keep their ideas of individuation ("freedom") and a general benefic sentiment ("mutual self-interest") alive, then you have a city, and then you have a "society", in truth a "cattle pen" as you call it. In fact people were referred to as belonging to this or that "cattle pen" (literally) in one particular ancient civilisation, but that's by-the-by. My only point is that I give them full points for understanding human nature and in "occulting" (or hiding) man's own nature from itself, but zero points for effectiveness, given their general track record of haphazard successes and failures (e.g. Gunpowder Plot - they are not immune from the same considerations and weaknesses as the rest of us).

Take the premise of MAG and similar groups: a general optimism in shared mutual self-interest is the declared basis, yet, in reality, it's just another little social hierarchy, preoccupied with feeding a few mouths and holding the odd party. This may be a symptom of the very awareness you've described, i.e. too much understanding of how the "illumined" globalisation and mass enslavement of mankind works, and you're left with too many options: do nothing, resist against it regardless of likely outcome ("go down fighting"), join it (be "led" by the programme, or use the programme/empire to spite your rivals for resources) or try to copy it to make your own little empire. For these reasons, I do not advocate for public upliftment and awareness. All that we can be sure about is that there is a mutual shared interest (currently not represented or benefiting from a voice) in being able to ride motorcycles freely as we like and as we've always enjoyed, without the encroachment of this burgeoning mass internment camp actually taking the very country and roads as well as our bikes away from us by supplying blank-firers (environmental nonsense) to the envious (if anyone was serious about reducing pollution, by the way, all they need do is advocate for population reduction policies - limit the rates of human birth to acceptable levels by currently fashionable "green" methods, i.e. use of the odd encouraging velvet-fisted nudge - the velvet getting progressively worn out and the nudge getting increasingly firm as time goes on).

Old Sod
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 07:30 - 04 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought of startimg a new thread for this, but it's a bike forum.

So picking up on Bhud's mention of population reduction - it might be closer than we think. Stretching out a bit here:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/glastonbury-festival-goers-walking-emf-minefield/5681851

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=160&v=eN7UPXYX7ts

"It's exciting; it's fast; it's harmless. Anyone who says otherwise is a Troll". That's the sort of comment coming from what are suspected as government trolls (along with personal and profane verbal abuse) on the Glastonbury festival forum.

Not a fan myself, of partying, festivals, and 5G.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 04 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Not being funny, but why are you kicking up a stink about bikes that must be at a minimum of 12 years old !! Just get a newer bike...

Because the fact that bikes are subject to it at all, given the percentage of emissions and that reportedly an RD250/350 2T has passed, is bullshit. It's got fuck all to do with emissions, It's a moneymaker, and we're getting fucked.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:52 - 04 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it'll matter soon because there's no easier way to force through legislation than to play the green card so if enough people make enough fuss and keep pointing out that the criteria is so low that most bikes can fiangle their way through the test all they will do is bump the requirement up to Euro 4 then we will be properly knackered.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 296 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5