Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 480, 481, 482 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:47 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting ^^
Remember a short while back where it was reckoned spores were giving me an allergic reaction around my nostrils? I replaced almost all of my carpets at that point. Just with synthetic but still.
Weird reaction around my nostrils went (was spores) but I still think these little sh*ts are getting in through gaps somewhere or even open doors and windows during daytime.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:10 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Small moths.
They keep appearing overnight in my house and enjoy fluttering on my face as I sleep and keep waking me.
Come the morning I find them and fry them with my electric tennis racket but come the next night another appears and so on.
I live close to a birch woodland and blame that.

Stick the electric tennis racket on your beds head board at a ninety degree angle sticking out over your head. sorted.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:19 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and when you wake up in the morning?

ZZzzzzzttt!

"Ow! FFS, not again!"

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:54 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Small moths

Clothes moths in your case, probably. Look out for anything of wool, silk, possibly cotton, that you have stored away.Their larvae will destroy them. Flatten any you see. They will as said by people eat your carpets, even natural fibre pipe lagging. Search & destroy.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think you have clothes moth then a quick way to deal with it is to put suspect items into a bin bag and then deep freeze for 48 hours. Obviously clothes, not carpets. Mr. Green

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:02 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cr*p. If they've ruined my gimp suit I'll be annoyed. I only want the two holes in that..
(Will look around tomorrow)

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parked up to do a delivery and a collection, saw this noob parked up, also a motorcycle with a very stretched chain.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:19 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handlebar started to come off half way round the M25 Laughing

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:22 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Did mine with "BikeIt glue" from J&S recently, but any old super glue should work.

Living with Oxford hot grips I might as well have a subscription to the stuff.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:38 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

I hate to be the one to say it but thats an occupational hazard with Harleys. Laughing

Vibes do it my dear, it's the vibes!!!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:09 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
an occupational hazard with Harleys.

I had been warned.
Indeed, I was okay (ish) about having had my choke wiggle itself out of its moorings, losing an indicator was slightly irritating, and a footpeg rubber hardly mattered at all, in fact *that* fucker was gone within 2 days Laughing

But a handlebar Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Laughing I'll go get some Gorilla glue at some point in the v.near future Laughing

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 21:36 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold my Buell... Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite fixing the washing machine last week it's now thrown up another fault. 3 lights started flashing on the front of the machine indicating main board failure. This was half way through a wash, drained the machine via gravity (lowered the waste pipe beneath the drum) and let it spill out into a bucket multiple times.

Took main board out, dusted off the connector terminals and hit it a bit with the fat end of the screw driver, put it back together and still did the same.

Ended up buying a reconditioned one with a 3 month guarantee delivered/fitted/old one taken away for £80 all in. This one is a Bosh model, I'll never buy another Hotpoint.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Sold my Buell... Sad

That's always going to be a sad day, but at least you sold it quickly, took me months to sell the last two bikes I offloaded and I wasn't being greedy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Grubscrew
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 08:04 - 26 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who slide electric cables down water pipe....Why ? Twats.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:33 - 26 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
MarJay wrote:
Sold my Buell... Sad

That's always going to be a sad day, but at least you sold it quickly, took me months to sell the last two bikes I offloaded and I wasn't being greedy.

I think I'm ok with it. I did 600 miles on it in the last 3 years. It's a beautiful bike, but I need to rationalise a bit. All the other bikes I have have a 'use'. The Street Triple is for fun and is the go-to bike. The KR1S is a perpetual project. The CBR is a track bike, and the VFR is for commuting...

The Buell was an investment, and it has paid off better than a savings account. I am still sad though.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:46 - 27 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently had a new shed, after discovering it LEAKS I got on to the garden centre about it.

Today I was offered repair or replace, I went for replace but it will be another FOUR WEEKS before I get it.

The replacement is from a different manufacture.

This is really grinding my gears.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:33 - 27 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grubscrew wrote:

Inside or alongside? High pressure copper or low pressure plastic?

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:44 - 28 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DVLA.

So my orange hairdresser-mobile was formally owned by a spacker (though why a genuinely physically disabled person would buy a low down, tight fitting car with ridiculously firm suspension, made even firmer by 18" rims on runflats I don't know).

This means the tax class is "disabled", to change this I followed the instructions of going to the post office (not any post office has to be one that deals with this shit) showing proof of pretty much everything other than the size of my cock and getting ridiculously overcharged for the postage of a new keeper slip (in the biggest jiffy bag the jobsworth could find) to the DVLA.

New correct V5 came through early this week showing correct details. Go online tax car at the princely rate of £0 (yay for dirty diesels).

Now is where it all goes downhill. The new keeper slip sent to the muppets at Swansea must have been proccesed before the V5 sent by the seller when I purchased it. Car is now showing as "Not taxed keeper change". So now I am having to wait for I guess another V5 to arrive in the post which I'll bet is going to show the tax class as disabled again, if it does I'll be waiing a further week, after having gone to the post office to do all the change shit again, for the new, new, new V5 to arrive so I can then pay my £0 car tax.

Until then I'm stuck driving around in a car with no tax (even though the tax on it is £0, so there's no tax to pay anyway Rolling Eyes ).

Sir Clip
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:08 - 28 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
The DVLA.
the size of my cock Rolling Eyes ).

So, i notice you failed to mention this , summat to hide?
If, like mine, you need arousal to stop it being inverse, ( like a belly button), you have my sincere commiserations/congratulations!

Perhaps because my member is so small, it is more like a clitoris, and therefore why i like being in houses with large bannisters

I have also spent a disproportional amount of time masturbating, which may also account for my sudden "redundancy" from work.
Who knows........

Grubscrew
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:59 - 29 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Grubscrew wrote:

Inside or alongside? High pressure copper or low pressure plastic?

Ok, so dig dig dig as I do, come across two MDPE blue water pipes, and one needs cutting into for an out side tap 8 metres away. You ask the customer why two pipes in the ground? “ Oh , Harry put a twin and earth down one of them to the green house, as we now have water and electric there”. Was that wise I ask ? “ What’s the problem she retorts “
Well the problem is that when I use my pipe cutters on say the pipe to the left I either get wet or electrocuted , the same goes for the pipe to the right.
There are coloured pipes/ ducting for reasons: Gas = Yellow, Electric = black, water = blue, optic fibre/ telecommunications = grey/green, see my point. If you’re gonna slide a cable down a duct use the proper duct colour. Cheapskate!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:02 - 29 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did you get electrocuted or did you get wet? Laughing

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:13 - 29 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grubscrew wrote:
There are coloured pipes/ ducting for reasons: Gas = Yellow, Electric = black, water = blue, optic fibre/ telecommunications = grey/green, see my point. If you’re gonna slide a cable down a duct use the proper duct colour. Cheapskate!

What about black MDPE water pipe, and stuff like that available now & fron the old-daze?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:02 - 29 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
The DVLA.

THEYAREJUSTUTTERFUCKINGCUNTS

4 failed attempts to do an online cherished reg retention with £80 taken each time. Which btw we've had to go through
our bank to get back. The last time when my wife asked to speak to the last dvla monkeys manager after failed attempt
number fuckking four, they point blank refused and started shouting at my Mrs who is a lot better spoken than I am and
certainly said nothing to antagonise anybody beyond trying to get an explanation for their piss poor service and attitude
and moreover why their broken website isn't taken down until it isn't broken.

Have now been forced to send both V5s plus a postal order (+£10 to raise an 80 quid postal order and plus £7 more
for super duper Royal Mail Primo service) in to DVLA for them do it manually. I can only imagine in how many ways
they will balls this up now, I'll find out in several weeks (no doubt) when/if they eventually get me my pair of V5s
back. Watch this space for when they've fucked that up as well because they are manned by utter imbeciles. It
also means that the remaining full months RFL paid on the car we've traded in will be lost as well because of the
ridiculous delay caused by this reg transfer. Add to that missing the admin fee free 30 day window we were given
change the insurance docs over once the V5s are back and in order. So thats another 30 quid up the pipe as well.
This utterly avoidable bullshit has probably cost me an unnecessary 70 odd quid give or take. They'll be sending me a
RFL reminder for my trade in next the stupid fuckking spastics.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:54 - 29 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
wr6133 wrote:
The DVLA.

THEYAREJUSTUTTERFUCKINGCUNTS

4 failed attempts to do an online cherished reg retention with £80 taken each time. Which btw we've had to go through
our bank to get back. The last time when my wife asked to speak to the last dvla monkeys manager after failed attempt
number fuckking four, they point blank refused and started shouting at my Mrs who is a lot better spoken than I am and
certainly said nothing to antagonise anybody beyond trying to get an explanation for their piss poor service and attitude
and moreover why their broken website isn't taken down until it isn't broken.

Have now been forced to send both V5s plus a postal order (+£10 to raise an 80 quid postal order and plus £7 more
for super duper Royal Mail Primo service) in to DVLA for them do it manually. I can only imagine in how many ways
they will balls this up now, I'll find out in several weeks (no doubt) when/if they eventually get me my pair of V5s
back. Watch this space for when they've fucked that up as well because they are manned by utter imbeciles. It
also means that the remaining full months RFL paid on the car we've traded in will be lost as well because of the
ridiculous delay caused by this reg transfer. Add to that missing the admin fee free 30 day window we were given
change the insurance docs over once the V5s are back and in order. So thats another 30 quid up the pipe as well.
This utterly avoidable bullshit has probably cost me an unnecessary 70 odd quid give or take. They'll be sending me a
RFL reminder for my trade in next the stupid fuckking spastics.

Been thinking about getting a private reg for the Mille R. Think you're doing a good job of putting me off.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 296 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 480, 481, 482 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 481 of 698