Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A precautionary tale, TSB Bank.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:25 - 28 Jun 2019    Post subject: A precautionary tale, TSB Bank. Reply with quote

I'll try and keep it short...

Money sent from Japan to my wife's account, £4000, vanished. Then £6000, came into the account two days after sending. A replacement £4000 (to cover the missing £4000 while it was being located), came into the account after two weeks MIA.

The missing £4000, "we never got it, check your end" (we did, got codes from Japanese system proving all three amounts were received by the TSB).

Case finally closed with a letter saying "Tough titty". I rang them (again), stated I would be visiting the branch, after alerting the press, to create an armed scene that would have me arrested, prosecuted and then their name dragged through the courts and mud. Ooh, escalated to management and case reopened. Three days later, money found in a 'special account' for monies received from unknown sources that "even we couldn't see into properly".

Two months this shit went on for.

£150 compo.

Once all the dust has settled the TSB accounts will be getting shut down (by us). Total fucking fubar outfit of incompetent cunts who clearly thought we were going to just shrug our shoulders and write it off.

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:35 - 28 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seconded!I sent a payment to Italy by bank transfer for a bike and 4 days later it hadnt arrived. The glorious TSB simply shrugged and claimed not to know what was going on. We ended up cancelling it on the 5th day with no explanations or apologies from the bank.

I'm surprised you didn't go down and see them anyway given the amounts I'd have been beyond livid Laughing
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:49 - 01 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the idea of visiting a branch to get it sorted....

Of course the sales person behind the counter will know exactly how to trace a foreign payment.. Laughing

This is why banks have dedicated teams that deal with certain area's of the payment systems. Karma

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:43 - 01 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
Love the idea of visiting a branch to get it sorted....

Of course the sales person behind the counter will know exactly how to trace a foreign payment.. Laughing

This is why banks have dedicated teams that deal with certain area's of the payment systems. Karma

The only reason they reopened the case and then did their job properly was because of the threat. Customer care, couldn't give a rat's fuck; bad PR, oh noes, quick, fix shit!

pmwpaul
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:42 - 01 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

All banks seem to have a pot of £50 they send for any complaints they receive without addressing any of the underlying issues
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:20 - 03 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had similar with Nat West a couple of months ago.

I was home in the Philippines and was booking flights for my wife and children to visit me in China. Went to the ATM to take out my daily allowance (I can get maximum 4 times from ATM in 1 day) Go to get second lot of monies and the ATM refuses me. I call the fraud line immediately who tell me I have used my card 4 times already today and I cannot withdraw more. I said I only took one lot of money out, but they told me I had used my card already and had the money. Basically calling me a liar.
After a lot of back a forth, I emailed them and threatened going to the press saying how they called me a liar and refused to investigate properly .. and viola! The money stolen from my account is back with a pitiful letter asking me not to go to the financial ombudsman.

Bunch of A- holes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 289 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1