Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Britsih Bike Tours anyone used them?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

Smok3y666
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:52 - 07 Jul 2019    Post subject: Britsih Bike Tours anyone used them? Reply with quote

As title. Thinking of booking a tour with them next year, something to France and back over the weekend. Anyone used them and give some reviews good/bad? It will be my first ever tour so just want to make sure they're okay as their prices seem to be quite competitive too.

They supposed be putting some more dates up for next year for the tours I am looking at so will want put a deposit down.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 07 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not being funny but why go through a tour company? I’ve just booked ferries and hotels separately as required? Do you get a tour guide to show you the local area / roads?
Genuine question, just not quite seeing the perks but happy to be educated!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Smok3y666
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:53 - 07 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
Not being funny but why go through a tour company? I’ve just booked ferries and hotels separately as required? Do you get a tour guide to show you the local area / roads?

Because I've never done it before and yes you do.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:50 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done a bit of browsing around online to see what I can find about British Bike Tours, there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of information about them and what reviews I could find seemed to be mixed.

Disclaimer / stating the obvious / making this post redundant, they could be doing things differently now and so there might be nothing to worry about. Laughing

You've no idea what pace the rest of the group will want to be riding at / expecting you to ride at. Laughing

This is from 2009: https://ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/198501-Tour-company-quot-British-Bike-Tours-quot-any-reviews

Their website for anyone that's interested: https://motorcycletours.co/

All sounds reasonable enough... do you know how big each tour group, what's the minimum and maximum number of riders for each trip?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:40 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:

My wife went on one of these group things many years ago because she wanted to go touring on a bike but wanted to go with beginners with everything organised, hotels, meals, rides etc.

I was told to fcuk off on my own as I was too fast and rode for too long and when I got where I wanted to be, I headed for a bar.

So I did and went to Barcelona while she and her group toured the Pyrenees and went to exciting places like the shrine at Lourdes. Rolling Eyes

She thoroughly enjoyed it however I have no idea who it was with so that's the end of my useless reminisces. Cool

raesewell
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:39 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've never done it before it's a good idea to go with a company. After that you will have the confidence to plan your own routes and book your own hotels. You will wonder what it was that concerned you in the first place. Been there, done that Very Happy

Smok3y666
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:11 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
I've done a bit of browsing around online to see what I can find about British Bike Tours, there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of information about them and what reviews I could find seemed to be mixed.

Disclaimer / stating the obvious / making this post redundant, they could be doing things differently now and so there might be nothing to worry about. Laughing

You've no idea what pace the rest of the group will want to be riding at / expecting you to ride at. Laughing

This is from 2009: https://ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/198501-Tour-company-quot-British-Bike-Tours-quot-any-reviews

Their website for anyone that's interested: https://motorcycletours.co/

All sounds reasonable enough... do you know how big each tour group, what's the minimum and maximum number of riders for each trip?

I don't know nothing yet as I haven't asked as they don't have the tour info up for the tour/s I want to do next year. I chose/looked at them because they seem quite keen on their pricing but am open to looking at other companies if anyone has any recommendations. As I will be doing it alone and have never been to Europe on a bike I thought an organized tour was the thing to go for. The sooner I can get something booked the sooner I can make sure work know I won't be in and get the time booked off before anyone else grabs it.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:18 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with 2 mates, we booked ferry and some hotels, the rest was winging it. I don't think they are worth it money wise when you look at it but my view on riding was if I wanna do 150 miles, then we'll do 150 miles. If someone fancies just a blast round for an hour or two, then we'll do that and go explore.

Shit when you have to live with a schedule.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

we used them some years ago .. its a small wife and husband operation .. they live somewhere near me .. for what it was .. it was fine .. needed a re-introduction for riding on the wrong side of the road ... been some 20 years since my last visit .. 500 miles ridin round ww1 sites in france .. after it occured i could bespoke my own better and cheaper .. cuttin out the middleman.... i have no complaints.. he dont waffle about the places we went .. some may prefer this though....

does exactly wot it says on the tin.

monkeyrocco
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:29 - 29 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to do France a bit different check these out motorbike holidays france .com and .co.uk

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:28 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some friends rode on the Continent for the first time a few years ago with a UK based tour company,riding their own bike.They enjoyed aspects of it and were a bit critical of events that were beyond their control.
They did say that the way that Mrs.Fizzer and I prefer to ride sounds a lot more adventurous and are looking to expand their horizons next year after moving house this year.

Always have a 'Plan B'
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 163 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1