Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

UK’s ethnicity pay gap revealed for first time

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:19 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: UK’s ethnicity pay gap revealed for first time Reply with quote

UK’s ethnicity pay gap revealed for first time

I do actually wonder if there are groups that just want to ferment hatred and racism by producing this sh1t.

https://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/uks-ethnicity-pay-gap-revealed-for-first-time-11364375497063

They must be gutted the Indians and Chinese earn relatively more than a white Briton. But at least they can highlight the ones that don't.

Oh and Khan, you cvnt......

London has the largest ethnicity pay gap, with minority groups earning on average 21.7% less than white employees.

Anyway, I'd love to know how they get their figures. Do they have access to everyones pay slips?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:47 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to die with all this rage going through your mind? Step away from the news!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:20 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it compare people in the same roles? Pointless if not.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:21 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all those that no speakee bothered to learn how to speakee then they would have more choice than only working
within their own language group. Might start some actual integration rather than just more parallel closed communities.
If I went to Russia and didn't want to learn to speak Russian then I'd expect to only be able to find shite work.
You get out what you put in.

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
If all those that no speakee bothered to learn how to speakee then they would have more choice than only working
within their own language group. Might start some actual integration rather than just more parallel closed communities.
If I went to Russia and didn't want to learn to speak Russian then I'd expect to only be able to find shite work.
You get out what you put in.

This.
Mrs was watching a thing about benidorm, where some guy was moaning about not making enough to pay his rent, he only does work for other ex pats as he never bothered to learn spanish.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:31 - 10 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

Exactly. I bet they are just taking average wages irrespective of the jobs which would make sense of the figures.

I would guess Indian and Chinese people to be prevalent in the high tech industries. Whites, general across the board and the majority of Bangladeshi's in manual or service jobs.

Total stereotyping but makes sense.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:52 - 10 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Exactly. I bet they are just taking average wages irrespective of the jobs which would make sense of the figures.

I would guess Indian and Chinese people to be prevalent in the high tech industries. Whites, general across the board and the majority of Bangladeshi's in manual or service jobs.

Total stereotyping but makes sense.

Remember the tribunals brought by checkout girls who wanted equal pay for sitting on their arse all day, compared to the warehouse folk lugging heavy shit about all day?

Never understood that.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 10 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Remember the tribunals brought by checkout girls who wanted equal pay for sitting on their arse all day, compared to the warehouse folk lugging heavy shit about all day?

Never understood that.

That was me as a kid from 16 (started on birthday) - 21. Evenings and Weekends at a well known northern supermarket..

I had to empty lorries, use a bailer, shift stock, lift stock in warehouse. I cycled to work, cycled a mile or two after to give a mate a "backy", ate a huge meal every day and was about 10 stone. Then women back then could and only could work on the checkouts.

Im now in IT and 5 stone heavier, but still slimmer than the checkout operators.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:59 - 10 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO....

That's the next bit they are going to look at..

Jobs for the boys..... Lets think up something and get some half arsed stats, that require a lot more work and keep us going for a good few years Twisted Evil

I just think it shows how some groups are prepared to do anything, while others won't. They would rather sponge off everyone else.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:24 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nailed it here. The reason is obvious, higher qualified people go into better paid jobs.
I work in power plant design and aerodynamics, and our office is full of Indian and Chinese people because these countries tend to push subjects like maths. Guess which two ethnicitys earn more on median than the average white British male?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 289 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1