Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

[NJD's Biking Life] Ching, chong the noodles dead.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic : View next topic  

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:10 - 07 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Still gonna have bikes flying past. Wink

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Doesn't like bikes overtaking him, buys a CBF1000. Confused

But... but.. my hopes and dreams. Sad

Aye knew it wasn't the fastest bike on the market but for how much I'm paying cash and cost of insurance swap over I can't complain too much.

Small steps. I had to pay a lot more to swap from the chinky to the ZR7 so keep this in good condition and hopefully I can keep building up to more expensive bikes over time in small increments.

Mainly just to give me that extra little bit for the longer rides, and especially since its warming up from time to time at the moment. Ability to have panniers (no one seems to make them for the ZR7 anymore) is an added bonus.

Looks clan tbf, but I bought a Mille to make up for my lack of ability. Laughing

Aye, apart from the radiator fin damage; rear shock and front tyre I didn't see a lot that couldn't be fixed with some TLC over time.

Last thing the guy said was: "I'll make sure the guys give it a good going over," like I'd exhausted him spotting the faults the bike had. Although, in truth, when something as simple as looking at the condition of the outer surface of the piston on the rear caliper had to be pointed out I wasn't going to skimp on things I wanted done.

Engine sounded smooth on start up, and fuel injection means I won't have to stand around waiting for the bike to warm up (compared to carbs). As long as it doesn't cause me too many electrical issues over time I'll be fine (although I'll give that a look over once I get it).

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:50 - 07 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:

Engine sounded smooth on start up, and fuel injection means I won't have to stand around waiting for the bike to warm up

Personally, even though it's efi, you's still be best allowing it to warm up first, drastically reduced the engine cutting out problems on my America by doing, never fully cured it though, but that wasn't the only issue with the America. In fact on 1 of my bikes, the temperature gauge flashes until the engine has reached the correct temperature to ride.

I find, leaving the bike running whilst getting jacket, helmet & gloves on, and locking the front door is usually sufficient.
Previously owned bikes :- Chituma CTM-125, Jinlun JL250-5, Honda VTX1300, Suzuki GS500, Lifan LF400, Lexmoto Arrow 125, Yamaha XJ600 Diversion,Triumph America, Skyteam ST-125 V-Raptor, Royal Enfield 350 Bullet, Mash 400 Roadstar & Honley RX3 Venturer (Zhongshen RX3),CFMoto CF650TR,

Paddy.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:59 - 07 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd start it with enough time to do up my gloves and that's it. No more than 15 seconds before riding.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:08 - 07 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Still gonna have bikes flying past. Wink

You never know, 3rd gear could be on the menu these days Laughing

Paddy. wrote:
I'd start it with enough time to do up my gloves and that's it. No more than 15 seconds before riding.

My carbed cbr runs fine after 15 secs on choke, and that's start and ride straight off.

Nice bike NJD, more torque means you can use 4th at 30mph now Thumbs Up

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:48 - 07 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
more torque means you can use 4th at 30mph now Thumbs Up

There's always one. Laughing Laughing

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:54 - 07 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to MOT it

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48222886741_43f9c32c4b_h.jpg

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:18 - 07 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
You may want to MOT

They put it through the M.O.T before sending it out for delivery, and is why I'm waiting to swap the insurance too.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 10 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why. Was. Datatool. Ever. Invented? Middle Finger

First bike I've had that's got it, and if one ever has it again I won't buy it until it's disabled or removed. If anyone knows a way to silence the thing entirely in service mode that would be great (or make the beeps quiter) otherwise I'll be on the phone to the local bike shop tomorrow to see if they can bridge or remove it.

First short ride was weird. Adjusted gear lever position and second short ride was better, but didn't have time for anymore.

Initial comparison to the ZR7: a lot narrower on the front end; a lot easier to push around; a tighter turning circle making it way easier to move around with the engine off.

Got one overtake in zipping in and out of traffic in a gap I probably wouldn't have gone for on the ZR7. Plenty of power there when needed and forgiving in low revs in second gear at slow speed.

Screen is an absolute blessing. I could fall asleep behind it.

Only come with one key: a phone call to Honda it is.

Plenty of fettling to do: sort that alarm out first!

Paddy.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 08:29 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which datatool is it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:32 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Which datatool is it.

S3.

Seriously lucked out on the paperwork as it comes with original fitting certificate and the manual (although that's easily obtained online in PDF form).

Paddy.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:16 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

S3 isn't bad but there are plenty of removal videos. If/when the battery dies its a laugh... but you should be able to remove.

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:28 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

shame its not a meta alarm otherwise you could have got a bypass for like £25 from this guy: https://www.abacuscaralarms.co.uk/alarmshop/

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:41 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoned local Honda: "No, unless we fitted it we wouldn't touch it."

Phoned local bike shop: "£200... oh wait no. Mechanic says no because wired into too many things."

I'll live with it for now, found out about "transport mode" which means you can use the bike (push it around and work on it) without the beeping but can't start it so is my main problem solved.

Went to start the bike tonight to get home and it took a couple of tries but the bike does have heated grips (not Oxford) so that could have played a part (no low battery detection like Oxford). Disconnected it and taped them off (in true tacky style) just and will keep an eye on it.

Now I've got used to it a little bit -- and figured out a routine -- I'd rather keep it, and only reason I'd be looking to remove is if it kills the battery.

The ZR7-S had mirrors that fitted on the front fairing and swivelled. Does anyone know of any mirrors that will fit the CBF1000 06 ABS that can be folded in?

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:50 - 12 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
Phoned local Honda: "No, unless we fitted it we wouldn't touch it."

Phoned local bike shop: "£200... oh wait no. Mechanic says no because wired into too many things."

I'll live with it for now

yeah, I had similar with the Hornet I bought a 2002 model with a fitted alarm, really annoying

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:36 - 12 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mrs had the S3 on her SV650, horrible thing when it failed, she got the local bike shop to chop some wires.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 12 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mrs had the S3 on her SV650, horrible thing when it failed, she got the local bike shop to chop some wires.

Any common failures I should be aware off? Just things that if they happen I can call recovery rather than stand there in a faff trying to figure out why it wont start.

Also do I need spares of any kind for the fob etc?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:52 - 12 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:

Any common failures I should be aware off? Just things that if they happen I can call recovery rather than stand there in a faff trying to figure out why it wont start.

Also do I need spares of any kind for the fob etc?

Was fine when it worked, then one day it just didn't. Kept triggering and wouldn't disarm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6