Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bike Power Loss/cutting Out Mid Rpms At Early Gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

AlexCagivaPla...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:57 - 13 Jul 2019    Post subject: Bike Power Loss/cutting Out Mid Rpms At Early Gears Reply with quote

Hello guys

My cagiva planet 125cc is experiencing cut outs at mid rpm range(quite annoying if 1st gear) and the bike struggles to pick up again after, and when it does, it feels like its lost a considerable amount of power. Its like this : low rpms are fine -> then mid rpm it starts to sputter -> then at high rpms picks up again but feels sluggish at the very least. It certainly doesn't reach the same top speed as it did. Torque doesnt even build up even anymore.

What could be the cause of it? A slipping clutch maybe? Had one of the five clutch springs break after having issues with coolant leakage into the trany box building a milky substance inside and i had to replace the water pump and seals/clean everything up and set it up again.
Electrical issues? CDI box? Currently im in the process of fixing the ignition timing since i had to take out the flywheel to get access to the water pump. Could it be an issue with the transmission box? Or worse, the camshaft? As after accelerating and then letting go off throttle, rpms dont go down immediately but with a specific delay even if the throttle had long been released.

Please help

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 22:09 - 13 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless these have been re-released recently, you're talking about the late 90s/early 2000s 2-stroke.
When did it last have a top end rebuild?

AlexCagivaPla...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:36 - 13 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
Unless these have been re-released recently, you're talking about the late 90s/early 2000s 2-stroke.
When did it last have a top end rebuild?

Like a month and a half ago, why?

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 07:53 - 14 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 strokes dont have vams.
Proppa top and rebuilds with new parts not just the old ones taken apart and put back tpgether again maybe if lucky with new rings are very rare..
If done a month ago... who by? PO?
Proppa top end probably costs as much as biked worth... few will spend that kind of money to sell got l;ess than they spend... hemce why proppa top ends rare.
If done by you.....
Well see comment on proppa top end.. and fdact you thiinbk that a 2T might have a flat-am do9nt inspi8re confidence it done proppa
WHY ask
Cos highl;y likely on old hi-po 2t the bores donald ducked, rings shot and puiston a papeweight.. after that? Who knows what coul be wrong with a kiddie go kwik, fcuked with by many 125 probably as old as you are?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 21:27 - 15 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have any 2 stroke oil in the oil tank?

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 18:39 - 16 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
Proppa top and rebuilds with new parts not just the old ones taken apart and put back tpgether again maybe if lucky with new rings are very rare..
Proppa top end probably costs as much as biked worth... few will spend that kind of money to sell got l;ess than they spend... hemce why proppa top ends rare.
If done by you.....
Well see comment on proppa top end.. and fdact you thiinbk that a 2T might have a flat-am do9nt inspi8re confidence it done proppa
WHY ask
Cos highl;y likely on old hi-po 2t the bores donald ducked, rings shot and puiston a papeweight.. after that? Who knows what coul be wrong with a kiddie go kwik, fcuked with by many 125 probably as old as you are?

Either you are drunk or have discovered heroin, either is possible at 8am.

Mike you really need to sort this out as you are making even less sense than usual commenting on a bike you clearly don't know. Get some help.

AlexCagivaPla...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:17 - 17 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
Teflon-Mike wrote:
If done by you.....
WHY ask

Either you are drunk or have discovered heroin, either is possible at 8am.

Mike you really need to sort this out as you are making even less sense than usual commenting on a bike you clearly don't know. Get some help.

I dont mind him. Don't even care.

Anyways to the point of this thread. I managed to fix the revving issue.
I cleared the exhaust, and cleared the carburetor. Set the float height properly cuz it was a bit off. Took out the jets one by one cleaned them all and reinstalled them. Cleaned the tank with compressed air. And put everything back together. Albeit didnt put the air box back in cuz that thing is still restricted and is a pain in my a s s...and just rode. Bike roared back to life! Rawwwrrr. Power valve still not opening i assume in riding conditions even though i cleaned its yack and tested the blade if it rotates. Guess there is a problem with the actuator or the pv controller. Something could be fried, god knows what. Didn't really have the time to test what, even though i went ahead and disconnected the PV fische after turning the ignition key on and letting it open just to test if that was the issue. Bike doesn't seem that sluggish anymore but im guessing it could get better by fixing the power valve.

EDIT:
Robby wrote:
Does it have any 2 stroke oil in the oil tank?

And yes it does have.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 285 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1