Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brake bleeding issue Zontes Firefly 125cc 😤&

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Garymcc1
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:54 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Brake bleeding issue Zontes Firefly 125cc 😤& Reply with quote

Hi all, New to the forum and in need of help. My brother in law has one of these Chinese Zontes Fireflys. He had an off a few weeks back and I've since replaced the damaged parts but the rear brake won't hold pressure.

I've pumped fluid through it to no avail. I ordered a rear caliper and piston and the fault is still present. I've notice the servo piston runs a hose to the rear And front caliper for some reason. The front brake is 100% working but it has 2 bleed nipples one for the front and I assume 1 for the servo??

My question is how the hell do. You bleed these brakes I've never had an issue working on any bike I've owned but this little thing is baffling me and I just want it gone and back to him now. 😂 PLEASE SOMEONE help me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:12 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this it?
https://images.medialinksonline.com/imagestream/268450/1934904x1200x800_FFFFFF_E.jpg

If so, it appears the front and rear brakes are joined, not uncommon (Honda used this on various bikes, DCBS), a bit unusual on such low budget 125cc bike though. It could also be the ABS system, but I can't see any ABS ring on the front wheel.

Read here: https://moto.lexp.net/wiki/Bleeding_the_Brakes_%28Dual_Combined_Brake_System_%28DCBS%29%29_on_Honda_CBR1100XX_Super_Blackbird

Garymcc1
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:14 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's the one it's a 2017 model no Abs on them. How would I go about bleeding that type of system? Thanks so. Uch for getting back to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:16 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read here: https://moto.lexp.net/wiki/Bleeding_the_Brakes_%28Dual_Combined_Brake_System_%28DCBS%29%29_on_Honda_CBR1100XX_Super_Blackbird

There's no other imaginable reason why would they join the brakes, other than a dual combined brake system.

Garymcc1
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:23 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I totally missed the link. Lol. I'll give it a go and hope it does the trick. Failing that I may have to give up or face going insane...... More so.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:29 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to be sorry.

If your model does not have such dual combined system, then you have air in the system, bleed it again. If it still doesn't hold ''pressure'' then it must be leaking, check for any moisture.

Could you make a picture of the rear caliper? Maybe the bleeding point is in not the ideal place (not on the top of the caliper), which is common, in which case reverse bleeding is advisable.

Garymcc1
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:13 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get some. Pics up ASAP.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:03 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are linked you will have a pressure valve at the front that actuates when the front brake is used and pushes the piston in the unit. This then pushes a piston on the rear. You will need to push this back and forth to bleed the rear. My Varadero 1000 had linked brakes and there was a sequence to bleeding them, not a one man job either.
It was a pain in the arse, but once done brilliant.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:49 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got CBS on the Superlight. I expect the Chinese thought "ABS sounds expensive, CBS sounds almost as good and it don't cost feck all!"
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 279 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1