BCF: Bike Chat Forums

125 tourer/commuter

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Grubscrew
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:43 - 19 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey....Is that what Insurance company’s wanted, 11k.
And as for hitting an off duty civil servant ....it gets somewhat nightmarish.
A solution is very difficult, so all I would say is good luck, we all screw up from time to time, but hopefully as time passes she may see the error of her ways.

TravisBickle
Formerly known as
DUCAUDI

PostPosted: 18:54 - 19 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/78/Mumsnet_logo.png

stevo as b4 wrote:
Does she really want to ride a motorbike for daily transport? After driving a car a bike is rarely better or more enjoyable/comfortable/easier.

Sort of. I think a car would be her preferred mode of transport but she has been getting interested in bikes lately even before she lost her licence as we're a biking family anyway and her boyfriend has bikes.

stevo as b4 wrote:
So she's expecting you to fund buying this motorbike and the insurance etc to get it road legal for her, so all she has to do is ride it. Is she even going to pay for her own petrol, or just ring mum and dad and say Its run out can you come and help me?

Yes and no. We bought her first car for her as I think many families do these days for their kids and our second oldest is coming up for 17 soon so we would be looking to buy him a car as well. Seeing as she's lost her licence it just made more sense to give her car to him and then buy her a scooter. So no, it's not just going out and splashing a load of cash on her that we wouldn't have spent anyway just because she's lost her licence. We're taking her car off her to give to her brother so only fair to replace it with a scooter. The deal with the kids is we pay for their first years insurance, tax, MOT etc. after that it's up to them. That still stands. If we were to buy her a scooter she would have to pay all the running costs herself. Sometimes if I'm feeling generous I put petrol in the kids' bikes/cars but only if we're visiting the garage together for whatever reason like if they're giving me a lift somewhere etc.

stevo as b4 wrote:
So going onto her earning money straight away from having transport, is that guaranteed? Have you told her your expecting £xx a month in repayments?

Nothing in life is guaranteed. She has been 'guaranteed' a work placement when she finishes the course she's on at the moment but that might not start straight away. Could be a few weeks or months, in which case we'd expect her to get a bar job locally in the interim.

stevo as b4 wrote:
Oh and lastly now your reluctantly saying how daft she is and it's all her own fault, then firstly how comfortable and confident are you that she'd even be safe on a bike and that she would be an attentive and careful rider enough to hopefully stay out of trouble and stay alive even? (If she was my daughter I'd be dead against her ever trying to ride a bike if she couldn't prove she was a good and careful driver with a good attitude).

Not 100% but then again anything we do in life carries risk, even driving a car, even walking down the street. My HOPE would be that the CBT would teach her a lot. I certainly found that was the case for myself after having been a car driver for many years. Also, from personal experience, I can say that when you're on a bike the perceived danger always seems that much more real. Like you're taking your life in your hands at every corner. Not that I feel in danger when I'm riding but it's really drummed home how crucial it is to pay attention as balance and road positioning is so much more important on a bike than it is on a car. It's not impossible to get an idiot on a bike I admit, but I would hope that being on a bike would make her acutely more aware of the danger she's in if she's not paying attention. Delusional? Maybe! But I'm just talking from my own personal experience here.

stevo as b4 wrote:
how confident are you that she'd be bothered to do all the necessary paperwork to keep a bike legally on the road, or that she'd do all the (frequent and intensive maintenance compared to a car) to keep said bike safe and running. I mean is her attitude to security and locking it up when parked going to be shit hot? Otherwise you could almost half expect her to phone one day and say bike's been nicked can you pick me up.

Not very! She wanted to drive her car away before taxing it the day she passed her test. Apparently that was my fault that I hadn't taxed it for her or told her that it needed to be taxed. I mean what would the point have been taxing it that day when I didn't even know if she was going to pass or not? So you have a point there but as with any other vehicles in the household and the building and contents insurance etc. I'd put the expiry dates of the insurance, tax and MOT on my calendar and make sure it's sorted. Maintenance probably less critical on a scooter than a chain bike? Anyway it's almost academic now as I've realised it probably is unrealistic AT LEAST for another year, maybe two.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:55 - 19 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

At £11k ... it'd be cheaper for you to pay for Uber when needed. After that, it's pushbike, maybe an E-power one.

She'll not be keen but then that's tough titty.

So if you include gear, a license, a newish bike and a years insurance you're looking at north of £14k.

Do you think she's quite grasped the nature of the hole she's dug herself lol

TravisBickle
Formerly known as
DUCAUDI

PostPosted: 19:56 - 19 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
At £11k ... it'd be cheaper for you to pay for Uber when needed. After that, it's pushbike, maybe an E-power one.

She'll not be keen but then that's tough titty.

So if you include gear, a license, a newish bike and a years insurance you're looking at north of £14k.

Yeah at that price it's just not even worth considering. I mean that's the kind of insurance quote I would have expected for her in her current situation on a car. I was rather hoping/expecting 125 insurance to come in comfortably under £2k in which case it would have been viable. Cost-wise could probably stretch to the £2.5k for a 50cc scooter but trying to get any distance on a 50cc... forget it! I mean some of her work may be local and within a 30 minute ride away but some of her work may take her the other side of the county so an hour plus is not completely unexpected. On that basis a 50cc is ruled out completely.

UncleBFester wrote:
Do you think she's quite grasped the nature of the hole she's dug herself lol

No. I don't think she has. It might start to sink in though when I get round to telling her I couldn't get an insurance quote for her under £11k and so she'll be getting the train and bus everywhere for the next year at least.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:59 - 19 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the governments way of telling you she should become an outlaw or travel under common law rights.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:37 - 19 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so the thing that I know from being on this forum and having to try to answer this sort of question (as it does come up from time to time - usually from the teenager himself or herself) is that insurance companies have seen it all and heard it all. There are no tricks because their algorithms and actuaries catch them.

Of course they'll take a dim view to a due care conviction. Driving without due care is pretty bad, and it's pretty difficult to get convicted and get the maximum penalty (which I looked up when I first read the thread... it's 6-9 points as I recall).

Insurance companies are aware of all of this. They are also aware that you don't need to do a test to ride a 125 on a CBT. It's the first thing most teenage kiddies think of when they lose their car license. They know that this lethal combination of someone who managed to get convicted and now wants a 125 on a CBT. Their algorithms will probably trigger the flashing/spinning red light they keep in the corner of their insurance rooms for just such an occasion.

So, stepping away from being facetious for a moment, I feel for you, I really do but you'll be lucky to get insurance for a reasonable cost. What will help? I'm not 100% sure. My guess would be to do a full car license and a full bike license, keep her nose clean for 1-2 years and then buy a small capacity (but not 125) scooter. I say this because 125s are involved in a disproportionate number of accidents and thefts due to really that they are learner bikes. It's a combination of factors in reality, but the root cause is the learner aspect. What nutter in their right mind passes their test and buys a 250cc twist and go to ride? Not many, they would jump immediately for something bigger and faster on the maximum of the A2 power limit. The A2 thing complicates things, because in the old days you'd get people buying GSXR1100s after passing their test, but now the kids go straight for stuff like the KTM390 Duke or the Ninja 300.

So you want NOT a 125, but not something barely A2 compliant, as grannyish as you can get that will only be bought and ridden by a 60 year old female tenured professor at Cambridge who rides to the shops once a week to buy vegetables. Vehicular sex appeal is the last thing you need.

Maybe, just maybe you'll get a reasonable quote, but I strongly suspect until the 4 years is up before you don't have to tell them about the conviction any more, you'll have difficulties.

A hard lesson to learn, but sometimes people need to learn it. Some people don't learn it of course. Let's hope darling daughter is the former and not the latter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:38 - 19 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:
This is the governments way of telling you she should become an outlaw or travel under common law rights.

Is that one of those Free man of the land nonsenses? You know that's been disproved hundreds of time by actual members of the judiciary don't you? What it probably means to re write what you wrote, is she needs to buy a railcard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:48 - 19 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't help but love your kids... you want to hug them until almost the point they can't breath but at the same time you want to admire, at a distance, the human being you created stand on their own two feet.

My youngest is worried her car won't go through the MoT next week. I say "her car" but it's the car I gave her Wink "So why don't you think it'll pass the MoT?" "I dunno but if it doesn't I'm fucked..."

"Have you checked the oil and water lately?" Huh?

"What's the tread like on the tyres?" Huh?

"Are the lights working?" I guess... (wife: the rear brake light on the offside is out)

FFS, god helps those who help themselves! AAAAaaarrggghhh!

So I did all the maintenance and also found the air filter had disintegrated so I shall be putting it though the MoT otherwise she won't get to work or get to see her boyfriend.

Yeah, I hear it "you fecking mug" Rolling Eyes

TravisBickle
Formerly known as
DUCAUDI

PostPosted: 22:37 - 19 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Ok so the thing that I know from being on this forum and having to try to answer this sort of question (as it does come up from time to time - usually from the teenager himself or herself) is that insurance companies have seen it all and heard it all. There are no tricks because their algorithms and actuaries catch them.

Of course they'll take a dim view to a due care conviction. Driving without due care is pretty bad, and it's pretty difficult to get convicted and get the maximum penalty (which I looked up when I first read the thread... it's 6-9 points as I recall).

Insurance companies are aware of all of this. They are also aware that you don't need to do a test to ride a 125 on a CBT. It's the first thing most teenage kiddies think of when they lose their car license. They know that this lethal combination of someone who managed to get convicted and now wants a 125 on a CBT. Their algorithms will probably trigger the flashing/spinning red light they keep in the corner of their insurance rooms for just such an occasion.

So, stepping away from being facetious for a moment, I feel for you, I really do but you'll be lucky to get insurance for a reasonable cost. What will help? I'm not 100% sure. My guess would be to do a full car license and a full bike license, keep her nose clean for 1-2 years and then buy a small capacity (but not 125) scooter. I say this because 125s are involved in a disproportionate number of accidents and thefts due to really that they are learner bikes. It's a combination of factors in reality, but the root cause is the learner aspect. What nutter in their right mind passes their test and buys a 250cc twist and go to ride? Not many, they would jump immediately for something bigger and faster on the maximum of the A2 power limit. The A2 thing complicates things, because in the old days you'd get people buying GSXR1100s after passing their test, but now the kids go straight for stuff like the KTM390 Duke or the Ninja 300.

So you want NOT a 125, but not something barely A2 compliant, as grannyish as you can get that will only be bought and ridden by a 60 year old female tenured professor at Cambridge who rides to the shops once a week to buy vegetables. Vehicular sex appeal is the last thing you need.

Maybe, just maybe you'll get a reasonable quote, but I strongly suspect until the 4 years is up before you don't have to tell them about the conviction any more, you'll have difficulties.

A hard lesson to learn, but sometimes people need to learn it. Some people don't learn it of course. Let's hope darling daughter is the former and not the latter.

Agree with everything you've said, sadly.

Worse, I'm not sure 4 years would be the end of it. Could be wrong, but I think some insurance companies ask about points and convictions in the last 5 years, so even though they're spent after 3 years and vanish after 4, I think SOME insurance companies could still take into account anything up to 5 years...

All we can do is take it one year at a time and see if things improve.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:46 - 19 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
You can't help but love your kids... you want to hug them until almost the point they can't breath but at the same time you want to admire, at a distance, the human being you created stand on their own two feet.

My youngest is worried her car won't go through the MoT next week. I say "her car" but it's the car I gave her Wink "So why don't you think it'll pass the MoT?" "I dunno but if it doesn't I'm fucked..."

"Have you checked the oil and water lately?" Huh?

"What's the tread like on the tyres?" Huh?

"Are the lights working?" I guess... (wife: the rear brake light on the offside is out)

FFS, god helps those who help themselves! AAAAaaarrggghhh!

So I did all the maintenance and also found the air filter had disintegrated so I shall be putting it though the MoT otherwise she won't get to work or get to see her boyfriend.

Yeah, I hear it "you fecking mug" Rolling Eyes

Time for a reality check. You won't be around forever and keeping a car alive and roadworthy isn't something an responsible adult couldn't do on his/her own. A bit of self reliance is important in everybody's life. You say she's got a job, so she's got a money income, if she can't fix her car, someone else in exchange for money will. Thumbs Up

But then again, I do understand the urge to help, however you're not helping her in the long run.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:46 - 19 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Socket set, pair of overalls and an oil filter for Christmas then? Laughing

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 00:18 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to bikes; IF they have what it takes they'll do it on thier own, with your help or hinderance.
If they dont? Wont make much odds what you do....

Of mine, two ride. No 1 son, 'Crash-Test', finally took his car test, a little before his 30th, 'cos work promiced him an Audi, IF he stopped stinking out the office with damp leathers! HE did it pretty much on his own, and as 'Crash-Test' pseud implies, has had to learn many lessons the hard and painful way!

No4 Son, turned up a week or so ago on his 'new' Chinky cruiserette... Crash-Test apparently helped him, go get... this is six years after his See-Gee was nicked....

The half build 125 Super-Dream, inspired by our Snowie, is still half built after four years in the shed, since daughter discovered Boyfreinds have cars......

'Encouragement' and 'assistamce' on my part went as far as getting them a licence... so, CBT and lessons... beyond that, up to them....

Crash-Test resented this, and after CBT, saw no need to do more as long as he could wally about on L's... which he did for most of Uni, turning up in the holidays, or calling just before to ask me to shift some old wreck he'd bought with student loan before Land-Lord kicked him out.....

For five years, he didn't do lessons and repeated CBT three times to keep tiddling, before a sandwhich year placement convinced him to spend studnt loan on a lesson or five and do his tests 'just' ahead of 3DL licence changes and sit out 2 years on 33bhp.... I lost count of how many 125's he scrapped either from crashes or MOT fails, I can recall at least a 125 Super-Dream and a Kawasaki KMX, as well as a seriousely lost the fight-ered jelly-mold CBR-6.. before 'senible' got him a GPZ500s.. which ISTR is the only bike he has never crashed!!!! Lasted a whole 18months that one, untill nicked, and then he got an RF900, or the major parts of one.... it was all there... and all worked, just not necesserily at the same time! Until just after I told him brakes were useful and to get a set of hoses that dont leak, rather than worry about a paint job.. he tried to ride accross the back-seat of a fiat Taxi!!!! Some have steeper learning curves than others!

Back to No4-Son... and the See-Gee... he bought that in peek 'cos I wouldn't give him a bike... and I had about five 'project' 125's at the time. HE got the Ex to insure it for him on 'the plan'... still something of a bone of contension that one... Again NO I wouldn't 'help' on the insurance... just as well really... bike was nicked; settlement didm't cover the outstanding balence, and for half a year argument raged between him and his mum, cos he stopped paying the monthlies and moaned she never gave him the payout to buy new bike!

Fact she was still paying monthlies cos settlement didn't clear policy price let alone leave anything to buy another bike, was some-how 'lost' on him... dat 'kidz'.... [sigh]

After that, each time I finished a 125 'project' he made overtures in expectation that 'some-how' I'd give it to him.... he even kept asking side-ways questions about our snowies 'Pup' hoping She would bequithe him that one, when she got her Guzzi....

BUT.. if he has what it took to do bikes.. like his bigger bother, he's have done it for himself long ago... Daughter? Well enthusiams was there, until 'Boyz'.... and I dont know after that... never did understand women....

Allusion to your preciouse princess going to court with her BF rather than you..... sort of suggests how her reality axis has shifted with pubity.... B/F will make it easy and probably give her a lift to court, and ultra sympathy over the daft off duty coppa stitching her up and the masons on the bench all clubbing together... where you would tell her she's a silly girl.... which sort of suggests that whatever you say or do, she'll probably back door you, to take the line if least resiustance regardless, and if B/F is line of least resistance... well.... go on girl, make it his problem not yours!!!

Jobs! Homes! Commuting! & Least of Evils....

Well... there's that B/F in the back-ground... if you kicked her out would she really be on the street? And how long till she shacked up with B/F any-how?

Rural Location? Your profile says 'London' BTW.. about as far from rural as you can get I'd have thunked.. but still.

I grew up in the country.. I recall the consternatoin over the bus time table when the de-regulated... it wasn't so much a time-table as a calender!

From my grans, there were busses every day.. one in each direction! She could get to the next town and back, only on alternate days, but with one town up-road and one down-road, she could only get to either once a week! So I can empathise... B-U-T , as a kid we coped... meant begging lifts, planning busses, using taxi's sparingly and using trains where needed.. and when stuck... using shanks' and a push bike...

On which topic, amazing how far a push bike or even a moped can get you... and not so slowly either! Just takes ooh heaven forbid.. "Effort" and getting up a bit early!

And slight contension... I think they should have it.. but push bikes need NO insurance or licence....

Lucy S wrote:
Teflon-Mike wrote:
Meanwile, 125's is 125's and hobsones, theres no good choices just less daaft ones

In that case would you care to contribute something useful, other than your parenting pearls of wisdom of course, and suggest some 'less daft' bikes we should be considering?

Well, See above and profile; I have an afliction for olf Honda 125 Super-Dream's! 'Daft' is all rather relative..

Frustrating, BUT the push-bike and the Honda Vision moped are probably the lesser 'daft' for the moment... beyond that? Its all degrees of daft and circumstance dependent...

Eg: a chinky cruiserette is not 'so' daft a choice for No4 son; he does have 'bit' of spanner savvy, 'Crash-Test' never has... a 125 Super-Dream wasn't so silly when the daughter started stripping down a wreck in my back garden... and NOT moaning when she broke her nails! She had some spanner sense and could have stayed on top of the maintenence had she percevered.

But, in the 125 arena, if you dont have the cash or credit rating to buy brand new, its ALWAYS a case of hobsons choice of what's actuallyt on offer in 2nd hand sales, and whether you can get there, cash in hand, before some other mug! Back to picking your assistance.... do you want to make this YOUR problem? She had got to ride the dang thing, let HER find it!

Assistance as required may be limited to maybe little more than taking her to see what she finds.. you DO NOT have to do it all for her, and hand it to her on a silver platter, all problems including the dang insurance quotes 'solved'!

On that topic.. WTF! Why were YOU running insurance quotes for the girl! Using go-compare is hardly like taking an astro navigation exam, is it? And if she hasn't the gumption and get up and go to do THAT much for herself? Like I say, if they have what it takes to do bikes, they'll DIY with or without you....

Lucy S wrote:
the fact is if she's not able to get to and from work then she's not able to pay her own way and we either have to support her or kick her out. Neither of which is ideal. Better to give her a bit of support in getting back on the road and being able to pay her own way.

"Bit of Support" crucial here is how big a 'Bit' that bit is, I think... and I think you may be confusing a 'Bit' of cake with not just the whole cake, but baking the dang thing as well as going to the shops to get the flour and eggs! Yes very mumsnet... you know I was a stay-home house husband before being a single parent, dont you? Women dont have a manopoly on this chit, you know!

You do NOT have to micro-manage every bit of her life... in which may be seed of the problem you got now... but; its her life, and I would say she's big enough and ugly enough... but, she's still only 5'1" you say, and you haven't offered photo's so I dont know... but, she's certainly old enough to sort some stuff for herself....

If she cant get a job.. what then? Dole? How she get to job-center to sign on? You going to buy her a motorbike for that problem?

You dont have to kick her out, but you dont have to pay thousands to prop her up and keep her under your roof either. Bed and board, and you use the electric so you can damn well use a bit doing the hoovering and pulling some weight around here....

And back to the B/F and lines of resistance, if she dont like it or psying her own way is too much like hard work, good odds that B/F will become the crutch to cry on or be convinced to make all her problems his.... as you are side lined and all these best laid plans of mice and, are put ashunder....

Let her sort herself out, and stop confusing the bit of cake with having to do her shopping and baking for her...

she aint an infant...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:57 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucy S wrote:

No. I don't think she has. It might start to sink in though when I get round to telling her I couldn't get an insurance quote for her under £11k and so she'll be getting the train and bus everywhere for the next year at least.

It'll be an easier lesson to learn now that it's not you that has to teach it - she can bitch at you all she wants, you can do nothing about it and it's all entirely her own fault.

C'est la vie but with her attitude to blame / fault the way it is, she's not safe to be on a bike.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:25 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Socket set, pair of overalls and an oil filter for Christmas then? Laughing

I'm not saying she has to do it herself, but she should be able to get it done without depending on her parents to fix her problems. Or at least being aware of something has to be fixed and/or maintained.

A friend of mine has a child, who barely finished the primary school and at his 16 acts like he's 8. Lazy, not showing any effort, buy me stuff mom kind of deal. The kid wanted a PS4, everyone had a PS4, so he needed a PS4. She, his mother, bought him a PS4, the child played GTA on it for maybe a month, then said consoles were lame and that he needed a gaming PC. So, she bought him a top spec Alienware PC. Guess what happened next? PC gaming is lame, I need a gaming smartphone, he said. So she got him whatever £1000+ phone, which he lost in a matter of weeks, so time to get him another one... £4K+ worth of phones in a year. In the meant time, he has tons of hobbies, that only last a few weeks at most, so bicycles, skateboards, all sorts of pastime equipement... not cheap. At least he doesn't like Apple stuff, yet.

Now, it was time for the kid to learn a craft/trade. He's no scholar, obviously. After a year of changing his mind, he picked up becoming a car mechanic. Well, guess who failed the subject literary called cars, he did, explaining his failure by the teacher can't teach excuse (the rest of the kids passed).

This friend of mine is not rich, by the way. Loans and frugal life for her. Although she obviously loves her child, she's ruined his life and keeps ruining it. This is a extreme example of a parent who failed. What's the child going to do, once his safety net, in form of his mother, is gone? What kind of job is he going to get?

By the way, this is why and how I got a PS4. I bought it of her, because I felt sorry for her. She doesn't earn that much money and the PS4 was just laying at her house, collecting dust.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 11:03 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expanding on Marjay's idea of finding something non-sexy, this really can work. The algorithms will be more advanced than they were when I was playing with online insurance calculators to afford car insurance 15 years ago, but the principle is the same. Get yourself outside the high-risk demographic.

Try running some quotes for non-125, non-sexy bikes like the late 70s - 80s 100cc 2 strokes. A100, H100, KH100 off the top of my head. The performance will still be around the 10bhp mark (like a modern chinese 125). Still a realistic prospect to ride as a learner.

Also look at things like a Honda CB Two-Fifty from the early 90s if she passes her bike test, or some of the other undesirable 200-250s (CD200, GN250).

Also have a look at some cars that are way outside the demographic. My cheapest ever car insurance was a on a 1990 Jag XJ6 4.0 when I was about 24. Boxy old Volvos were oddly cheap to insure as well, but they have subsequently become hipster-cool.

Finally, run the numbers against just using Uber and public transport. When I take all of the running costs for my vehicles into account, it would be cheaper to take taxis and trains everywhere.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:05 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Time for a reality check. You won't be around forever and keeping a car alive and roadworthy isn't something an responsible adult couldn't do on his/her own. A bit of self reliance is important in everybody's life. You say she's got a job, so she's got a money income, if she can't fix her car, someone else in exchange for money will. Thumbs Up

But then again, I do understand the urge to help, however you're not helping her in the long run.

True but as you say garages cost money and she's saving all her pennies to move into a flat with her boyfriend. My 5yo granddaughter's already planing what sort of wallpaper she wants in my daughter's old room...

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:08 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

True but as you say garages cost money and she's saving all her pennies to move into a flat with her boyfriend. My 5yo granddaughter's already planing what sort of wallpaper she wants in my daughter's old room...

Well, nothing is for free, that's the point. Razz

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:59 - 21 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Jmoan wrote:

Is that one of those Free man of the land nonsenses? You know that's been disproved hundreds of time by actual members of the judiciary don't you?

All I've heard so far is judges abusing contempt of court or the people being charged were accused other criminal charges.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:29 - 21 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any examples of the freeman of the land defence being successful?

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:48 - 25 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would get dropped at court if was unless they decided to abuse their power as we saw with the tommy robinson case or the man who called Anna Soubry a nazi.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:09 - 25 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you don't have any examples of the freeman of the land defence actually working? Laughing

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:00 - 01 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point is the same as my last post unless you're expecting me to kidnap a judge and thrash a confession out of them. Twisted Evil

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:17 - 01 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:
My point is the same as my last post unless you're expecting me to kidnap a judge and thrash a confession out of them. Twisted Evil

Shouldn't that be the legal fiction defined as a judge.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 270 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2