BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Boot size

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

bryera
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:38 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Boot size Reply with quote

I am looking at getting some bike boots and seen some online but have heard that you are supposed to get a size up is that right or do I just get my size I am ?

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:25 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends, if you envisage wearing thick socks maybe.
Just like any footwear it varies, in the US they are much better at offering different widths as well as sizes, it doesn't make choosing much easier though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:36 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only place I'd order from without trying on first is Sportsbikeshop just because of their ease of return policy: "phone up and get a return label emailed to you, print it out and drop the box off at a UPS shop."

Other than that I'd go and try some on. I've been hooked on the idea of a certain boot in the past and winced when I saw them on the shelf so went with something else.

Everything's personal so I'd try before buying. Thumbs Up

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:53 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really need to try them on. I bought some Frank Thomas boots and ended up getting a pair two sizes up from my standard shoe size. I bought them from an actual shop.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 19:07 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
Just like any footwear it varies, in the US they are much better at offering different widths as well as sizes, it doesn't make choosing much easier though.

Could be US sozonge that give rose tpo the suggestion buy a sice up.
Like thier lidts, sorry 'Elecators' theu dont ise use the no 13, hence lods sizes go to 12, and adult sizes start at 1, so a UK size 10 is a IS sozw 11....

So check vendors siizinbg scale if buying online,
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
doggone wrote:

Could be US sozonge that give rose tpo the suggestion buy a sice up.
Like thier lidts, sorry 'Elecators' theu dont ise use the no 13, hence lods sizes go to 12, and adult sizes start at 1, so a UK size 10 is a IS sozw 11....

So check vendors siizinbg scale if buying online,

I can't tell if you're pissed, having a stroke, or have early onset dementia... That was genuinely hard to read.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:04 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO the best option is to find a local shop like J&S and try some on for size.
You may find a decent deal at that shop, or it may just be a useful exercise to find out what size you want so you can risk buying online.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:53 - 21 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpineandy wrote:
IMO the best option is to find a local shop like J&S and try some on for size.
You may find a decent deal at that shop, or it may just be a useful exercise to find out what size you want so you can risk buying online.

This ^^.
I'm basically a born again biker and what surprised me most was how motorcycle clothing needs to fit the body in a much different way to normal clothing.
Originally I was simply going to buy some used boots online and I'm glad I didn't. I visited a shop and tried stuff on anyway and found if I'd gone with used boots bought online then I'd have wasted my money.
In the end I was able to grab a very good deal on the day I visited the shop.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:30 - 22 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh, the bike show at NEC is good for trying shxt on.

I’m normally a 9 or 9.5 but in Alpine stars six I’m a 44 which I think is a 10.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 251 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1