BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Legalisation of Cannabis

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:17 - 02 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems in the US in states where it has been legalised, it's not so much about cannabis as it is about THC. The strength has been emphasised, leading to products that are up to 90% THC content. That isn't the way to go imo. The only reason to want that kind of strength is to get completely blasted. And the people who most want that are kids. And kids are the last people this 'industry' should be aiming at. Seems it is all becoming a cynical method to make big money Sad
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:15 - 03 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Products with 90% THC are concentrates made from normal cannabis flowers.

Such products have a very limited market and the price alone is enough to put off most people. Laughing

The strength of cannabis flowers is a selling point to the buyers of top shelf, best of the best, latest and greatest cannabis strains but a lot of it is about the flavours. Those customers are comparable to wine connoisseurs.

It's already happening in this country. The breeders, the growers, the methods for making concentrates, the brands, the suppliers and every other part of the industry are quietly making names for themselves. Flavour chasers as they're often known can pay a lot of money for something that to most people is much the same as any other piece of cannabis.

I know nothing about any of that stuff though. Angelic Shifty

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:43 - 03 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

The strength of cannabis flowers is a selling point to the buyers of top shelf, best of the best, latest and greatest cannabis strains but a lot of it is about the flavours. Those customers are comparable to wine connoisseurs.

I'd argue that strength isn't necessarily what makes a nice experience. It's like curries. You can have curries that blast you with sheer heat, but I'd much rather have something with a nice, fragrant flavour, and just a nice level of heat. The buzz from different strains of weed varies, as you (claim you don't Laughing ) know. I'm not interested in something so strong I'm just instantly catatonic! Aside from a buzz, I want gentle pain relief, help to focus (on music for e.g.), a good night's sleep (which funnily enough, I don't find is necessarily best facilitated by the strongest thing available), and perhaps interesting conversation once in a while (although I'm a solitary bugger most of the time). I want to chill out, not be plunged instantly into deep freeze Laughing

Also, I've heard rumblings about powerful and possibly harmful pesticides used on commercially grown weed. Think I'd rather just grow my own.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:09 - 03 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
It's already happening in this country. The breeders, the growers, the methods for making concentrates, the brands, the suppliers and every other part of the industry are quietly making names for themselves. Flavour chasers as they're often known can pay a lot of money for something that to most people is much the same as any other piece of cannabis.

Back in my day your choices were slate and weed... and you could never get any weed Sad

And if you could get some good weed it was (compared to solid) like a £20 cigar versus a rollup with no filter tip. So I understand the flavour chasing to some extent.

<addendum> I just remembered: rolling blunts with tobacco leaves soaked in rum... ah! those were the days Wasted

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:43 - 03 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Back in my day your choices were slate and weed... and you could never get any weed Sad

God, some of that slate was awful stuff! Always disappointing when that's all you could get. Now and again what me and my mates used to call Afghan occasionally turned up - dark coloured and slightly oily, or slightly 'fluffy' textured, softer, a heavier buzz - we presumed it was from an Indica rather than a sativa (what did we know Laughing ). Later, it seemed to get softer still, and not as nice flavoured, but you could roll it into a thin sausage and just lay it lengthways into your spliff. Most commonly, what I got hash-wise was ok, mid-brown coloured on the outside of a block, somewhat golden inside with THC glands (?) dotted through it. Occasionally got oil that you just smeared on your fag paper, but I found it expensive.

Weed was pretty much the same thing whenever you got it, except sometimes the seeds were of better quality, hard, round, dark green to grey, easy to grow - maybe just fresher? A nice buzz. Sinsemilla was pretty much unknown where I was.

Earlier skunk was ok in some strains, but I too began to find some of them just too strong after a while. Love the smell though.

That's how I remember it all anyway Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:00 - 03 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
side from a buzz, I want gentle pain relief, help to focus (on music for e.g.), a good night's sleep (which funnily enough, I don't find is necessarily best facilitated by the strongest thing available)

People who don't want to be smoking medicinal cannabis are part of the limited market for the strongest concentrates available.

chickenstrip wrote:
Also, I've heard rumblings about powerful and possibly harmful pesticides used on commercially grown weed. Think I'd rather just grow my own.

That is the only way to know that nothing like that has been done or sprayed onto the plant to make them heavier.

Grit weed. Shocked

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:42 - 03 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Grit weed. Shocked

Jesus H!
I used to find little bits of plastic in my hash sometimes, but that...! Pale
Evil fuckers!

That's it. If they ever do legalise it here, I'm growing my own.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:58 - 03 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they do legalise it here, I'll buy shares in Associated British Foods.

chickenstrip wrote:

I'd argue that strength isn't necessarily what makes a nice experience. It's like curries. You can have curries that blast you with sheer heat, but I'd much rather have something with a nice, fragrant flavour, and just a nice level of heat.

Yeah but sometimes you wanna korma and other times you wanna go full phall.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:33 - 03 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never want a curry that is all heat. I can't see the point. With any 'recreational substances', I want an experience that I can, er, experience. Man.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:42 - 03 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good phall you experience twice!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:01 - 03 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

And which of the two experiences do you prefer?

But I disagree, on the basis that there is no such thing as a 'good' phall.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:08 - 03 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

And which of the two experiences do you prefer?

But I disagree, on the basis that there is no such thing as a 'good' phall.

Touché, sir!

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:54 - 03 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that phall stuff once - not an experience I want to repeat. The only British Asian innovation I like is Chicken Tikka Masala. I think that's a really good one. Otherwise, for me, Indian restaurant food gets a thumbs-down. I prefer classic village style or classic royal style, northern Indian, all the way. Royal style: anything that uses a lot of meat or poultry or which takes a day or more to cook and a fair bit of money to get it right, e.g. biryanis, halwas, etc. Restaurants make a real mess of these ones to fit into a price point, but they seem to get away with it. Village style: anything that gets kicked off with fried whole spices, and then equal amounts of ginger and garlic, and then slow-cooked in water and tomato-and-onion sauce, e.g. beans and pulses-based stuff prepared in Sikh gurdwaras.

I hope they do legalise cannabis, so people can grow what they want without adding stuff they don't want. With all this talk of contaminants and big money in the racket, gangs running illegal farms with lots of fertiliser and weedkiller, and synthetics from China (e.g Spice, K2) filling in the gap in availability, public health and the community gets to pick up the bill. I have a theory that people who get fed a steady diet of propaganda and activism as "news", who consume synthesized emotions as their main entertainment (e.g. video games, celebrity gossip, social media, etc.) and think that's the norm, cannot be expected to have developed and balanced perspectives on things, and their subsequent freakouts on illegal unregulated cannabis gives cannabis in general a bad name.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:25 - 03 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

We're going to need a bigger garden.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:31 - 04 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
I had that phall stuff once - not an experience I want to repeat. The only British Asian innovation I like is Chicken Tikka Masala. I think that's a really good one. Otherwise, for me, Indian restaurant food gets a thumbs-down. I prefer classic village style or classic royal style, northern Indian, all the way. Royal style: anything that uses a lot of meat or poultry or which takes a day or more to cook and a fair bit of money to get it right, e.g. biryanis, halwas, etc. Restaurants make a real mess of these ones to fit into a price point, but they seem to get away with it. Village style: anything that gets kicked off with fried whole spices, and then equal amounts of ginger and garlic, and then slow-cooked in water and tomato-and-onion sauce, e.g. beans and pulses-based stuff prepared in Sikh gurdwaras.

I always make my own curries, recipes which I have adjusted and modified over the years. Worse than Indian restaurant or takeaway food is Chinese. I think most of what they use is tinned stuff anyway - they used to even display the tins in the window of their establishments!

Quote:
I hope they do legalise cannabis, so people can grow what they want without adding stuff they don't want. With all this talk of contaminants and big money in the racket, gangs running illegal farms with lots of fertiliser and weedkiller, and synthetics from China (e.g Spice, K2) filling in the gap in availability, public health and the community gets to pick up the bill. I have a theory that people who get fed a steady diet of propaganda and activism as "news", who consume synthesized emotions as their main entertainment (e.g. video games, celebrity gossip, social media, etc.) and think that's the norm, cannot be expected to have developed and balanced perspectives on things, and their subsequent freakouts on illegal unregulated cannabis gives cannabis in general a bad name.

This western society has gone to the dogs, and it's largely the fault of hypocritical and corrupt governments., and their misinformation campaigns. I'm hoping that we are entering a time, largely helped by the freedom of information on the internet, where people will want to throw off the old, staid ways. Maybe we will see some kind of repeat of the 60s counterculture, but it could be better this time around, as we can learn from the mistakes of that movement ( Praying ).

That spice stuff really bothers me. It has really come along at the wrong time. We know how our government works: they'll use it as an excuse to keep all the current bans on everything else in place. Actually, they won't even care how obvious the hypocrisy of it all is. I guess maybe they're scared of people rebelling against authority, like the Yanks were in the 60s when people avoided the draft and being sent to Vietnam, which was partly blamed on people like Timothy Leary, and the youth consumption of LSD - and they may well have had a point, although the Vietnam war and the draft would probably have sparked rebellion on their own anyway.

We need a new kind of politician, and new kinds of business ethics, more humanistic. And we sure can't look to the technocracy of the EU for that!

Thinking

Was that a rant? Laughing

Last edited by chickenstrip on 00:55 - 04 Aug 2019; edited 1 time in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:38 - 04 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

We're going to need a bigger garden.

I envision all the 'industrial' crops of East Anglia being replaced by cannabis. With a small vegetable garden in the corner.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:05 - 05 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s been a few years since I waded in on this subject but I was browsing and saw this…
I’m not one to try and bring everything up to date with all the buzzwords but this whole legalisation topic is full of hypocrisy. I mean right now due to the overly harsh penalties on the substance, there are youths in prison who are set to have a fairly dark future due to being dragged through the system, which can obviously spiral into all sorts of dead ends. In a blink of an eye the government could suddenly cash in on the vilified substance, whilst no doubt taking no consideration on subject of the convicted.
It’s very easy to sway people into thinking it’s really good for them, it’s going to save the world, it’s beneficial. People aren’t as complicated as you like to believe. We were all duped into our current diets, we’re all paying for it now, we’re lead up the garden path by the same bunch time and time again.
I occasionally like throw in wording into a conversation with someone over 40 like “going to buy a pint of drugs over the counter” and the usual response is “No it’s not, it’s legal”.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:59 - 05 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
It’s been a few years since I waded in on this subject but I was browsing and saw this…
I’m not one to try and bring everything up to date with all the buzzwords but this whole legalisation topic is full of hypocrisy. I mean right now due to the overly harsh penalties on the substance, there are youths in prison who are set to have a fairly dark future due to being dragged through the system, which can obviously spiral into all sorts of dead ends. In a blink of an eye the government could suddenly cash in on the vilified substance, whilst no doubt taking no consideration on subject of the convicted.
It’s very easy to sway people into thinking it’s really good for them, it’s going to save the world, it’s beneficial. People aren’t as complicated as you like to believe. We were all duped into our current diets, we’re all paying for it now, we’re lead up the garden path by the same bunch time and time again.
I occasionally like throw in wording into a conversation with someone over 40 like “going to buy a pint of drugs over the counter” and the usual response is “No it’s not, it’s legal”.

Yes, walk into any petrol garage and you can buy Type 2 Diabetes on the left and ethanol-based poison on the right. Behind the counter we have some mild psychoactive substances and if you have a gambling addiction we can sort that with some scratchies...

And the only thing they all have in common is taxes Evil or Very Mad

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:35 - 05 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Yes, walk into any petrol garage and you can buy Type 2 Diabetes on the left and ethanol-based poison on the right. Behind the counter we have some mild psychoactive substances and if you have a gambling addiction we can sort that with some scratchies...

And the only thing they all have in common is taxes Evil or Very Mad

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.
Don't ask me what I want it for
If you don't want to pay some more

Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes
And you're working for no one but me.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:51 - 06 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Beatles Taxman

It's almost like they were millionaires and not too impressed at the government taking the bulk of their earnings. Laughing

steve the grease
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:50 - 17 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
Beatles Taxman

It's almost like they were millionaires and not too impressed at the government taking the bulk of their earnings. Laughing

There was a time when ' Yer darlin ' 'Arold' was PM when the top rate of income tax was 19/6 , like, 97 1/2 p in the pound. back in the sixties , don't believe me though, go and check it out. That is quite a high rate of tax..........

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:56 - 17 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually listening to Stevie Ray Vaughan's cover of that song when I posted that anyway. So I was thinking more about superb guitarists Smile
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 248 days between these two posts...

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:43 - 22 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah good evening.
You must be Knobjockey of the Day, then.

Are your MacLeans showing?

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 22 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, bcf is experiencing quite a severe pain in its arse right now.

In the form of some thread resurrecting spam bot, perhaps some legal cannabis might cure that too.

Last edited by duhawkz on 22:45 - 22 Jun 2020; edited 1 time in total

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:44 - 22 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a sin.
Each time you grin.
That your MacLeans are showing.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 307 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5