Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mass shootings in the good ole US of A

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 10 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vast majority of spree killings in the USA are committed by a certain group of people against people in the same group, in a handful of large, largely Democrat led cities using stolen or otherwise illegally obtained firearms. These are not reported on as this i routine unremarkable and unfashionable in current era.

The chances of having a firearm used against you in a crime is vanishingly rare provided you aren't wandering around certain areas of certain cities at 3am trying to buy or sell drugs. Considering the huge number of firearms in circulation in the USA that would indicate that almost all are used entirely responsibly.

Also the 2nd amendment will never ever ever be revoked, so this discussion is largely pointless. This is good, because it's better than having every freedom granted taken because a tiny minority of sniveling cowards whine to the government they are a bit frightened.

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:04 - 11 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many candle lit vigils contributing to global warming, come on USA get a hold of it and stop destroying the planet.

OGR

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:31 - 11 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely no problem with shootings in the US. I've only been to one gun death funeral this year and skipped one last year. I've been to more Cancer related funerals in those two years, Yanks gonna die young, so whatever...

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:40 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

temeluchus wrote:

The chances of having a firearm used against you in a crime is vanishingly rare provided you aren't wandering around certain areas of certain cities at 3am trying to buy or sell drugs

I'm pretty sure the argument isn't about gun crime happening on the streets, it's about unprovoked public killing sprees, which America seems to have at a rate of at least 1 per year. Sometimes 2 or 3.

Most countries stop at 1, then stop completely.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:59 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple per year?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2018

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:46 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
temeluchus wrote:

The chances of having a firearm used against you in a crime is vanishingly rare provided you aren't wandering around certain areas of certain cities at 3am trying to buy or sell drugs

I'm pretty sure the argument isn't about gun crime happening on the streets, it's about unprovoked public killing sprees, which America seems to have at a rate of at least 1 per year. Sometimes 2 or 3.

It's a way of culling excess population. Bring on the purge.

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:34 - 13 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

We did pretty well on killing sprees without firearms in recent history.

Still, its attempting to cover up an underlying problem by tackling a superficial symptom. If you ignore the most overwhelmingly common spree killer type (black gangbangers mowing down other black gangbangers, which is a whole discussion in and of itself) the rest are deeply misinformed and unhappy people who feel hopeless and lash out.

I actually knew, via the internet, the guy who shot up the atzec high school in new mexico. William "couch cuck" Atchison. Kid was a messed up lad from a broken home, in the middle of nowhere who felt he couldn't get a decent job, girlfriend or anywhere in life so decided to take it out on what he felt was a big part of the blame, his old school.

The states has a peculiar bully culture at schools, so you see a lot of school shootings. But attempting to ban guns is easier to grasp than admitting you are failing your children from the start.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:02 - 14 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

temeluchus wrote:

Still, its attempting to cover up an underlying problem by tackling a superficial symptom. If you ignore the most overwhelmingly common spree killer type (black gangbangers mowing down other black gangbangers, which is a whole discussion in and of itself) the rest are deeply misinformed and unhappy people who feel hopeless and lash out.

I actually knew, via the internet, the guy who shot up the atzec high school in new mexico. William "couch cuck" Atchison. Kid was a messed up lad from a broken home, in the middle of nowhere who felt he couldn't get a decent job, girlfriend or anywhere in life so decided to take it out on what he felt was a big part of the blame, his old school.

The states has a peculiar bully culture at schools, so you see a lot of school shootings. But attempting to ban guns is easier to grasp than admitting you are failing your children from the start.

Interesting point, and it makes sense to say that there are surely deeper issues to tackle that are related to gun violence.

But still doesn't get around the fact that guns make mass killings a whole bloody lot easier for those poor broken individuals.

Here in chyina chyina chyina, broken individuals do one of two things:

- Choose a target of hate/blame and kill them with a meat cleaver.
- Jump off a building.

In both cases, only one person dies.

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:51 - 14 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, banning guns for a rare crime is more akin to collective punishment.

As the UK, Germany and Spain proved, running a car or truck into a crowd of people is about as effective as shooting a place up.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:23 - 14 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

temeluchus wrote:
Still, banning guns for a rare crime is more akin to collective punishment.

As the UK, Germany and Spain proved, running a car or truck into a crowd of people is about as effective as shooting a place up.

Speaking as one who shoots, I have no problem with current UK law on guns, with the only exception that I'd allow single-shot 0.22 pistols as used in Olympic competition.

As to "cars and trucks (sic) is about as effective as shooting a place up", there are various considerations to take into account there.

Looking back, Thomas Hamilton did not murder people using cars or trucks. He used pistols and revolvers. See the "Wikipedia" entry.

Forbidding people to posess various objects or do various things is not "collective punishment", and it's ridiculous to claim it is.

Total firearms deaths in the UK have halved over the last 20 years. The issue of FACs has remained reasonably constant, although the issue of shot gun certificsates has fallen slightly. Gun deaths in the USA are at a record high.

If anyone wants chapter and verse on gun crime and death statistics, see:

https://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/united-kingdom

Also:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/the21stcenturymortalityfilesdeathsdataset

In conjunction with:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/gundeathsfrom1980to2018

(you will need to be able to use M$ Excel)

Here you are, this is what mainly caused the UK ban on most handguns:

Baptist Joshua on YouTube
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 02:12 - 16 Aug 2019    Post subject: Re: Mass shootings in the good ole US of A Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
20 dead in Texas yesterday, shot up by a rabid trunp supporter opposed to the 'latino invasion'.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49221936

9 today in ohio, no mention of the motive as yet.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49224816

You'd think by now they'd think about introducing some tigher gun controls.

The last thing you want to do, in general, is listen to the american msm media. They lie by normalcy, and seem to be controlled by one or two entities, often quoting each other at any news event. The two recent killers were, one or both, Antifa, not pro-Trump. They are nearly always on pharma meds whose side effects include rampages like this.

If you want decent media, you have to go to sources such as OAN, One American News. They seem fair, from what I have seen. Trump news is generally fake, coming out of america. I mean literally completely fabricated, even if via video. Altered videos, and/or context removal to make him appear to say that which he never meant.

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:14 - 19 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relative to the population, they arent all that common in the US and the country is flooded with firearms.

Collective punishment is removing privileges from the whole, due to the actions of an individual or small minority. We submit to this meekly as brits due to our fundamentally servile nature, glibly passing it off as some kind of moral superiority.

The actions of a couple of dickheads like michael ryan and that pedo who shot up dunblane were down to police incompetence and/or corruption. So what do we do, do we deal with the police or do we just take the easy route and punish the lawful?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 19 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

temeluchus wrote:
Relative to the population, they arent all that common in the US and the country is flooded with firearms.

Collective punishment is removing privileges from the whole, due to the actions of an individual or small minority. We submit to this meekly as brits due to our fundamentally servile nature, glibly passing it off as some kind of moral superiority.

The actions of a couple of dickheads like michael ryan and that pedo who shot up dunblane were down to police incompetence and/or corruption. So what do we do, do we deal with the police or do we just take the easy route and punish the lawful?

Not being able to posess various things is not "collective punishment", and it's ridiculous to say that it is. I am sure that people can think of all sorts of dangerous things that we're not allowed to have (even in the usa), but for which the ban is also certainly not "collective punishment".

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:55 - 20 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Not being able to posess various things is not "collective punishment", and it's ridiculous to say that it is. I am sure that people can think of all sorts of dangerous things that we're not allowed to have (even in the usa), but for which the ban is also certainly not "collective punishment".

Sure massa, you knows best massa!

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:11 - 20 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

temeluchus wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

Sure massa, you knows best massa!

It’d be a different thing if the Black Panthers were to reappear and start open carrying semi auto rifles on the streets though. Funny how that works...

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:07 - 21 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

It’d be a different thing if the Black Panthers were to reappear and start open carrying semi auto rifles on the streets though. Funny how that works...

They aren't known to frequent states where such things are allowed however.

I wonder what firearm crime stats would look like if chicago and los angeles blinked out of existence.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:05 - 22 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

temeluchus wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

They aren't known to frequent states where such things are allowed however.

I wonder what firearm crime stats would look like if chicago and los angeles blinked out of existence.

I found the 2017 violence figures for my county, 57 gun related deaths, 7 murders. Not sure what percentage were suicides but last year the county did buck national trends and saw it's first rise in violence stats since 2006, and had 8 murders (the murders for both years were not neccesarily all gun related, Floridaman has a reputation for taking the creative approach!!).
Whilst carjackings, burglaries, bank robberies and muggings, etc, are possible with assistance from any weapon, a gun makes it that much easier for the crim.
For comparison, my county has half the population of Dorset and is slightly smaller in area.

Don't get me wrong I am not anti-gun, a lot of the current problems would be eased if states enforced the regulations currently on the books, preventing the mentally ill from possession might help as well but the mentality that they are taking away our guns is strong here.
Just today, a local mother whose son unsuccessfully attempted to off himself, with a gun, was on the radio saying that he should be allowed to keep his gun.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:42 - 22 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

temeluchus wrote:
But attempting to ban guns is easier to grasp than admitting you are failing your children from the start.

Self enquiry is seemingly impossible for the US.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:26 - 03 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
temeluchus wrote:

Interesting point, and it makes sense to say that there are surely deeper issues to tackle that are related to gun violence.

But still doesn't get around the fact that guns make mass killings a whole bloody lot easier for those poor broken individuals.

Here in chyina chyina chyina, broken individuals do one of two things:

- Choose a target of hate/blame and kill them with a meat cleaver.
- Jump off a building.

In both cases, only one person dies.

Other people in China claim there is a lot of under reporting of violent crimes. Having said that it's the same with stabbings in Scots schools where it's hidden or misrepresented.

It's strange that there are a lot of similar attacks like these.

Quote:
Beijing — An attacker killed eight students and injured two others at an elementary school in central China on the first day of the new semester, police said Tuesday. The attack occurred around 8 a.m. Monday in Chaoyangpo village of Enshi city in Hubei province, Enshi police said in a statement.

The suspect is a 40-year-old man surnamed Yu, who is in custody and being investigated. How the children were attacked was not disclosed. The motive for the attack was unclear.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/china-school-attack-in-hubei-leaves-8-elementary-school-children-dead-today-2019-09-03/
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 207 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3