Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Triumph launch an A2 range of bikes.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:29 - 15 Aug 2019    Post subject: Triumph launch an A2 range of bikes. Reply with quote

I'm not particularly clued up on the learner route now, but this popped up on my Triumph feed.

A2 licence ready bikes that can easily be converted back to full power on passing whatever you have to pass.

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/public-content-uk/a2-license

A good range - Street triple. street twin, scrambler, Tiger 800 and a few more.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:12 - 15 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

660 triple rather that 765 as is the current. Thinking So you pass your test to get a watered down version 100cc less than a
'proper' one. That said my Spacker was well and truly trounced by a 675 Daytona recently so it might be alright.
Evotion This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:19 - 29 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like all this restricted bike business to meet a regulation, but having to know that to be able to sell it to the target audience, you must make it a bigger cc engine than is needed and something probably de-restrictable to 90+bhp to make it worthy of anyone's time or interest.
Or cynically to keep their attention away from their PlayStation long enough to get interested in riding bikes long term.

It's like these days with cars too, you can't just offer a 300bhp hatchback on pcp, it has to be easy to re-flash or tune with a lap top for more power without getting any oily marks on your designer track suit, or guess what it's a worthless pointless purchase.

Not sure I get this instant gratification ego massaging world or even if I want to?

Anyway back to bikes, even the shittest engine designer could get 46bhp out of less than 400cc and two cylinders so that's where I think an A2 Triumph should be IMO. But it's back to the lazy riders of today. Kawasaki could have got 46bhp out of the 300 Ninja, buts it's too much like hard work for anyone to ride. The 350cc KTM is too lumpy and works over too short a rev range, and still needs working hard for such would be buyers.
But a 500cc CBR is perfect and they don't have to rev it as the performance is accessible from lower down with less effort.

Fuck me, I'd hate to think what these guys would make of a two stroke like say a 350YPVS let alone a proper focused one like an RGV250 etc. It'd be way too much effort and work to ride a bike properly and with enough commitment to stay in the power band. They'd all be back in front of their PlayStation and leave the RGV in the shed.

What next people are going to want bikes that ride themselves and they just sit on the back like a pillion and get a disposable thrill with no upkeep?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:25 - 29 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

What next people are going to want bikes that ride themselves and they just sit on the back like a pillion and get a disposable thrill with no upkeep?

BMW are on it Thumbs Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEWRJC27tXk
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 212 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1