Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 505, 506, 507 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:15 - 07 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be a common one..
Bike insurers.
Old insurer quoted a renewal for this year and it's double what I'd paid last year. Brightside.
Just by chance I've had a quote in through my emails from Hastings Direct. They know it's due from my searches last year. Without even speaking to them yet I've had a quote that's almost a third of what Brightside want!!
Insurers really are chancing b*stards.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:24 - 07 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

next door

hammering at half eight this morning putting up what looks to be a extension made of wood

problem is it will block out light for over half our garden Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:52 - 07 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleather.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:54 - 07 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kids, stupid fucking kids. I was on a train this morning, school age kids nearby discussing homework. They have to write a few pages about a famous British person, one suggests he is writing about the famous British explorer Christopher Columbus. He was serious as well. I blame the teachers

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:57 - 07 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
This will be a common one..
Bike insurers.
Old insurer quoted a renewal for this year and it's double what I'd paid last year. Brightside.
Just by chance I've had a quote in through my emails from Hastings Direct. They know it's due from my searches last year. Without even speaking to them yet I've had a quote that's almost a third of what Brightside want!!
Insurers really are chancing b*stards.

As far as I can tell, and one of the insurance bods can shoot me down here, the underwriters have a certain "target audience" of risk and a certain value to go up to "to fill their book."

Once the book is full they go on a cycle of bleeding the existing clients until the book value drops and finally go full circle and start a round of promotional prices again.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:00 - 07 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
next door

hammering at half eight this morning putting up what looks to be a extension made of wood

problem is it will block out light for over half our garden Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

If it's blocking out light it should need planning permission. Check if they have with your local council.

TBH, if they applied and got it and somehow you didn't notice you'll have a hard job on your hands doing anything about it.

If they haven't they'll probably a) hope no one notices and b) if they do, apply retrospectively. Jump on this to declare your objection and the council might order them to tear it down...

Cue years of "neighbours from hell" Crying or Very sad

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 07 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do wooden structures not come under different regulation? Sheds and such and classed as 'temporary structures' or something?
My council allows for them but you're only allowed to cover a certain percentage of what land you occupy - might help you get something done if that still applies of it's classed as temporary.
Otherwise a stray firework might hit it..

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:30 - 07 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Kids, stupid fucking kids. I was on a train this morning, school age kids nearby discussing homework. They have to write a few pages about a famous British person, one suggests he is writing about the famous British explorer Christopher Columbus. He was serious as well. I blame the teachers

Because, thirty years of neglecting primary and secondary education in favour of nuevo "uni"versities the only perpose of which is as finishing schools for the aspirational middle class.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:21 - 07 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Because, thirty years of neglecting primary and secondary education in favour of nuevo "uni"versities the only perpose of which is as finishing schools for the aspirational middle class.

I knew Christopher Columbus was an Italian from the age of 5. There were 36 kids in the average class and if we messed about in class we got beaten, board rubbers thrown, caning was common place.

If we never did our homework, we got hit.
If we talked in class, we got hit.
If you got hit more than twice in a week, you got caned.

Kids today can't even use a slide ruler.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:56 - 07 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gay pride skittles. Not gay pride, that's fine. Skittles sponsoring gay pride, that's fine. But for goodness sake, every Skittle in the limited edition gay pride pack is white. All of them.

It's just wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. I wanted my skittles mutlitcoloured, not all white ones. Crying or Very sad

It's almost as traumatic as smarties switching to a hexagongal box from a cardboard tube, and not being able to guess the letter under the lid, and play pea shooters with it afterwards.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:07 - 07 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
every Skittle in the limited edition gay pride pack is white. All of them.

Eh?

wtf is that even meant to signify?

I really want some zkittlez now. Very Happy

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 07 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
next door

I live cheek by jowl too and next door put up a conservatory with the side wall being brick...they then let the house out. So didn't even get the benefit from it.

Like a bad smell you'll get used to it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:32 - 08 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Gay pride skittles. Not gay pride, that's fine. Skittles sponsoring gay pride, that's fine. But for goodness sake, every Skittle in the limited edition gay pride pack is white. All of them.

It's just wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. I wanted my skittles

Production line hiccup, they put gay pride packets in the filler instead of Ku Klux Klan edition.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:10 - 09 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the dentists awaiting my first check up in several years when the call came down 'can someone please call an ambulance.

Someone had decided to try and die in the chair I was next in line to get in.

Needless to say I've had to rebook to a later date.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:59 - 09 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I was at the dentists awaiting my first check up in several years when the call came down 'can someone please call an ambulance.

Someone had decided to try and die in the chair I was next in line to get in.

Needless to say I've had to rebook to a later date.

I'd be tempted to book in at a different surgery Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:42 - 09 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

End of a 12 hour shift and my opposite number isn’t in the right county. Or even the next one. Bugger shit and wank.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:14 - 09 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone let their dog shit in my front garden.
Cunts Evil or Very Mad

I had a dog who shat twice a big turds as that, and I picked them up after him every time.

Lazy chav wankers round here.
The countryside is starting to look better and better.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:22 - 09 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
End of a 12 hour shift and my opposite number isn’t in the right county. Or even the next one. Bugger shit and wank.

I hear that one.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:10 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I lowered myself into a hot bath tonight, surrounded by scented candles and settled in to enjoy a long soak after a hard day's shopping.....a bleedin giant bluebottle woke up and decided to do loud circuits around my head.

I couldnt see it to swat it in the subdued lighting,

Baztard!

growler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 08:38 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

when a wasp dive bombs you and you manage to give it a good swatting
You Know you got it but when you go to dispose of the corpse..............and it's not there!!!!!! Shocked Eh?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:39 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad fucking listening-in phones Mad

Over the weekend, Potential Newbloke decided to test my tolerance on the subject of pimple-squeezing (ugh), at which point I swiftly made it VERY CLEAR INDEED that I would leave and return to London if he did not cease and desist.

So he did.

But today ... Facebook ad feed brings me this.

Puke Puke Puke Puke

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 23:28 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat was clearly in Wiltshire and I didn't get the opportunity to

1) make her a cup of tea,

and

2) inflict her on my wife.

Actually meeting her for the first time would have been nice as well.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:38 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus she could have partaken in the traditional smashing in of nobbys back gate. Shocked

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:18 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
You haven't heard the last from him yet

Update - they were looking at trying to make it work, realised that it probably won't when he again blamed her for him going elsewhere. They are staying in the same house, but splitting everything and getting a divorce.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 220 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 505, 506, 507 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 506 of 698