Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hunt for cyclist who headbutted pedestrian to ground

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:02 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Hunt for cyclist who headbutted pedestrian to ground Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-london-49646575/hunt-for-cyclist-who-headbutted-pedestrian-to-ground

Includes video.

I hope he gets caught.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:50 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the world of smugly self-riteous means of travel, pedestrian trumps cyclist.

Cyclopath should be aware of this.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:00 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet it's Andy Pagin, still pissed he had to cycle back from work today.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:16 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My money is on mr cyclo-rage being foreign.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:41 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the pedestrian had been a little more observant he could have avoided bumping into the planet-saving crusader kicked the cunt to the ground.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:10 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, that suit seemed to fall to the ground before that head missile found any sort of target. If you're gonna call someone a cnut and get called out on it at least be prepared to drop your pretaporter and latte and throw up some dukes.

2/10 wouldn't recommend.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:27 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:
I dunno, that suit seemed to fall to the ground before that head missile found any sort of target. If you're gonna call someone a cnut and get called out on it at least be prepared to drop your pretaporter and latte and throw up some dukes.

2/10 wouldn't recommend.

Much as London has a "bit of a reputation" that particular area, at that time of day... it's not the sort of violence that is common place.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:33 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should point out the cyclist was NOT using the cycle lane provided, where the incident happened is where the cycles cross from one side of the road to the other. It's not mandatory to use the cycle lane but had the cyclist had used it the incident would not of happened.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:57 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:
I should point out the cyclist was NOT using the cycle lane provided

When the fuck do they? Millions spent on tick box infrastructure that isn't wanted. It's clearly far more fun to ride 3
abreast on NSL twisties, because I see that kind of thing all the time round here, I rarely see a pushbike using a bike
lane though, despite half the local high street being given up to them and it being made 1 way only for all other traffic.
The traffic queues caused since they did that have been a permanent fixture round my way. I wonder what that's doing
to their precious air quality?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:33 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

When the fuck do they? Millions spent on tick box infrastructure that isn't wanted. It's clearly far more fun to ride 3
abreast on NSL twisties, because I see that kind of thing all the time round here, I rarely see a pushbike using a bike
lane though, despite half the local high street being given up to them and it being made 1 way only for all other traffic.
The traffic queues caused since they did that have been a permanent fixture round my way. I wonder what that's doing

Until they government gets a grip and makes cycle lanes part of the road, not the footway, I don't blame cyclists for not using them. Three main things, The first is having to give way to traffic when crossing side streets. The second is people with push-chairs/feral toddlers. The third is dogs on extendable leads.

I don't use cycle paths unless they are dedicated cycle paths or ones that are part of the main carriageway.

Given their propensity for overseas junkets, I have no idea why city planners don't go for a trip to Holland to see how to do cycle lanes properly.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:12 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

At best, bike lanes are only any good for people who're wobbling along slowly.

If you're wanting to go at a decent pace then they're completely useless.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:35 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suit fell over because pushed. I couldn't see nut to head contact.
Even if caught I doubt anything will happen to cyclist anyway.

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:27 - 13 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:
I should point out the cyclist was NOT using the cycle lane provided, where the incident happened is where the cycles cross from one side of the road to the other. It's not mandatory to use the cycle lane but had the cyclist had used it the incident would not of happened.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/38-year-old-man-has-just-learned-its-could-have-not-could-of-20190126181822

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:25 - 13 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

goto10 wrote:
Courier265 wrote:

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/38-year-old-man-has-just-learned-its-could-have-not-could-of-20190126181822

Quote:
Wife Janine Logan said: “He can’t stop going over conversations in his head. He said it might sound like hyperbowl, but he doesn’t know who he can trust anymore."

“I don’t know how to tell him you pronouce it ‘hyper-bow-lee’.”

Smile
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:34 - 13 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Courier265 wrote:
I should point out the cyclist was NOT using the cycle lane provided

Kingston Bridge: separate pedestrian, cyclist and "road" lanes. Which one do you think the 2-wheeled, lycra-clad fascists use?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:54 - 14 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it wasn't for progrolation of parliament and the continuous indecision over Bregzit that would never have happened.

The report clearly demonstrates that the BBC is a right wingTory rag as they've used the archaic term 'worker' to describe the ped involved in the fracas. Just to promote the level of employment in the U.K. under conservatives government policy.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:03 - 14 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Kingston Bridge: separate pedestrian, cyclist and "road" lanes. Which one do you think the 2-wheeled, lycra-clad fascists use?

Link to Google Street View?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:51 - 15 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Link to Google Street View?

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4111555,-0.3091281,3a,75y,284.15h,71.43t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s4NM2FDp9MuVnw4h3zQIKuA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

"Normal" cyclists tend to use it but the speed freaks go round the whole one-way system buggering it up for everyone else Evil or Very Mad

They avoid this bit:

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4112342,-0.3073382,3a,60y,229.32h,85.24t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sJ60ZswUnu9CelxYTGMTZFg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

...the turn-off for their own little private road across the bridge. Way too much hassle apparently!

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:44 - 15 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
If it wasn't for progrolation of parliament and the continuous indecision over Bregzit that would never have happened.

The report clearly demonstrates that the BBC is a right wingTory rag as they've used the archaic term 'worker' to describe the ped involved in the fracas. Just to promote the level of employment in the U.K. under conservatives government policy.

Ha, I noticed that too.

Wouldn't say it makes the BBC specially Tory, but it was definitely a very loaded way to describe the guy.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:44 - 15 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Way too much hassle apparently!

Don't like this bit:
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4112503,-0.3102526,3a,75y,263.31h,79.92t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sNX_KN-PmZFax809EfzLcNg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

And here we have pedestrians to avoid:
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.411263,-0.3103802,3a,75y,260.39h,68.37t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPox_GMSjnQNt7uYL1w-JUQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I'm good without having to do that this manoeuvre:
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4112838,-0.3105908,3a,15.1y,237.73h,90.88t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s-V5DaSmXn9ahKpoppSElMw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I'm not even sure where the cycle path goes from here:
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4113142,-0.3111246,3a,19.7y,241.18h,78.27t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sii2tNZYXQDcBPTg1LSNxnQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I could have told them from their plans before they built it that nah, that's not going to work.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:26 - 15 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Agreed. Would not use.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:07 - 15 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

We in MK have a whole citywide network of cycleways and footpaths known as the redways yet we still get cyclists using the NSL dual carriageways. They should be banned from them as there is a perfectly acceptable hard surfaced route available for them.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:35 - 15 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite willing to bet that most of those "perfectly acceptable hard surface" cycle paths are crap and are more hassle to use compared to the roads.

Cycle paths need to be better than the other options if you want cyclists to use them.

I expect they're redways are all very nice for people who're wanting wobble along relatively slowly or for families with small children but for people who're wanting to get around as quickly as possible, the redways won't be the way to go.

A nice quote from some website found on Google:

"All cycle paths are not created equal. The Milton Keynes Redways are an infrastructural intervention designed primarily to remove cyclists from the grid roads to accommodate the needs and desires of motorists, whilst the approach taken to separation of motor traffic from cyclists employed in The Netherlands is designed to make cycling the easiest mode of transport to use in towns and cities by prioritising cycle traffic & improving cyclist safety."

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:43 - 15 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another nice quote:

"Milton Keynes (designated 1967) was unusual in that it was designed on a grid-based road system typical of road planning in the New World. A system of shared paths for pedestrians and cyclists was grafted on to the Master Plan after the basic 1km grid road layout had been fixed and development had already started. The initial assumption was that cyclists would use quieter residential streets and pedestrian underpasses (which they were not legally permitted to traverse) to bypass main roads. However, it was later realized that it was unrealistic for cyclists to take less direct routes to reach their destination and the authorities decided to allow cyclists shared use of the pedestrian paths. Work was undertaken to upgrade them into what became known as the ‘Redways’ because of the red tarmac used for their demarcation. The aim was ‘to show for the first time, on a city-wide scale, how travel for pedestrians and cyclists can be made convenient, safe and pleasant. Above all, accidents involving pedestrians and cyclists – particularly children – should be greatly reduced’ (Milton Keynes Development Corporation, 1980).

The resulting cycle network inevitably meant that the design was compromised resulting in cyclists having to endure gradients that were actually greater than on the road network (unlike the Stevenage approach). This was coupled with criticism of inadequate lighting, signing and poor sight lines because of overgrown vegetation and the need to give way where cyclists met motor traffic at side junctions. Ironically, what became one of the most extensive planned cycle networks in Britain also became one of its most criticised"
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 196 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2