Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

11.4V full revv - Piaggio fly 125 - REG/Rec or Stator

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

mysterdee888
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:44 - 12 Sep 2019    Post subject: 11.4V full revv - Piaggio fly 125 - REG/Rec or Stator Reply with quote

Hi guys I'm new to the forum and I have signed up for a little advice relating to my piaggio fly 125.

I bought it off a cowboy for £800 only to find that it had a few problems that where not apparent at the buying stage.

After I bought the bike the battery died within a couple of hours. I rang the guy who sold me the bike now he basically told me to funk off.

I nearly did. But instead I got down to solving the problem.

I 1st bought a new battery and a charger and took the bike out for a few hours and the same thing happened. So I bought a multimeter and took readings.

The readings indicate either a bad R/R or a bad gen but I've not stripped the panels yet to test them. I'm hoping a more experienced mind may shed a little light on the actual problem which is why I am here. Would you say these readings show a bad reg/rec or a bad gen/stator. It could just be an earthing issue also.

But from these readings what would you suggest.

The bike is a 2010 piaggio fly 125 with 10k miles on clock , brand new battery fully re-charged every day.

Bike off: 12-13v
Bike on: 12-13v

Bike idle: 11.4v
Bike revving 1-4k: 11.4v no change

Also had a bad main beam light that went out on bumps and back on with a smack on top.

I changed the bulb and cleaned the terminals. Noticed a black sooty point with melted plastic around 1 terminal. Cleaned it up put in new bulb. No problem since...

What do you think guys

Thanks for any info
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Meatybeaty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:28 - 12 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like your on the right track, worth checking the stator and the Reg/Rec, dont know these scoots but have a look at this

mysterdee888
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:41 - 12 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meatybeaty wrote:
Looks like your on the right track, worth checking the stator and the Reg/Rec, dont know these scoots but have a look at this

Thanks for the reply m8.

I guess 1st off i should strip down n test the reg/rec and stator before buying any parts.

Im hoping its just reg/rec.

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Meatybeaty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:48 - 12 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can PM you the manual if needed

mysterdee888
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:25 - 12 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meatybeaty wrote:
Can PM you the manual if needed

ok m8, thanks, what manual is it. cheers.

Meatybeaty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:43 - 12 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM'd, its the only one I have for that style bike

mysterdee888
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:53 - 12 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meatybeaty wrote:
PM'd, its the only one I have for that style bike

Sure m8, send me the link, cheers
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 227 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1