Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Extinction Rebellion or how not to win an argument

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:58 - 05 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

But they've missed a trick! They could have gone down the whole "Straw for Life" route... as first suggested on the felching reddit that, I err... heard about from a friend Shifty
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:33 - 29 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame Greta Thunberg.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:44 - 29 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

News article to say music festivals are considering a £25 deposit paid by all, because of the amount of rubbish (mainly tents, camping gear) left behind.
Does not compute. I would have thought many of these people would be going off to the next climate change protest?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:06 - 29 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having to wait for someone to confirm that I've taken my tent away could be enough to make me leave it there instead. Laughing

There are ~140,000 tickets available to the general public for Glastonbury Festival and ~90,000 tickets available to the general public for Reading Festival. That's a lot of tents to check and admin for giving each of those people their £25 deposits back.

It wouldn't work.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:10 - 29 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
I blame Greta Thunberg.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/08/the-problem-with-greta-thunbergs-sea-crossings/
At least that big, non-recyclable plastic boat didn't produce any emissions in the short time she was using it, I guess. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:15 - 29 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Having to wait for someone to confirm that I've taken my tent away could be enough to make me leave it there instead. Laughing

There are ~140,000 tickets available to the general public for Glastonbury Festival and ~90,000 tickets available to the general public for Reading Festival. That's a lot of tents to check and admin for giving each of those people their £25 deposits back.

It wouldn't work.

It would if you assume it's non-refundable.
"Just leave all your sh!t, we'll deal with it."

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:01 - 30 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about putting climate change warnings on fried chicken?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:23 - 30 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
How about putting climate change warnings on fried chicken people?

FTFY Thumbs Up

Branded on... by vegans.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:49 - 30 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Just leave all your sh!t, we'll deal with it."

Idea

Unless they're checking that you take your cheap shitty tent down and that you take it back to your car then you could leave your tent and just use the bag to carry clothes. On your way out of the festival site "yes here's my tent now give me my deposit back kthxbai".

Mr. Green

Making people pay a tent deposit is a stupid enough idea that some worthless fuckwit celebrities would support the idea because free publicity.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:11 - 02 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new-ish phone went down the sh1tter (not literally) yesterday. I tried to transfer my SIM card to my previous handset, only to discover that this was not allowed because we have moved from Micro SIMS to Nano SIMS.

Looking at the design, the SIM card is the same dimensions, just the backing card is a different size. This appeared to be enough for Old phone sez No.

This, in conjunction with changing the charger port size irked me somewhat. If they kept things the same size then we could use older kit still, which is better for the environment.

Surely mobile phone companies aren't putting profits ahead of this?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:54 - 13 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/09/12/activists_drones_heathrow/

tl;dr "We told the police we were going to fly drones over Heathrow and were shocked when we were arrested!"

FFS, get over yourselves Evil or Very Mad

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:10 - 13 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they want to be arrested, seems like a good move arrest them before they even do stupid stunts Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Scrat This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Confusing). Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:09 - 13 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrat wrote:
blah blah blah

Is there a point to your presence?

Don't you have a training school to run or has word got out that Maverick Motorcycle Training can't be trusted?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 13 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrat is John Bercow.

Thumbs Up
Scrat This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:01 - 13 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't fear the unknown.

Are you the narcissistic dwarf?

Why can't you understand that there isn't a report button?
Scrat This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:19 - 14 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The world's smallest violin player, just for you!
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:15 - 21 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
These self centred hypocritical tossers are going to end up being hurt at some stage.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EE-0ebFXkAAPXDG?format=jpg&name=small

If I was stuck in that queue, about to miss my ferry, I'd have no hesitation in joining a group of vigilante motorists to forcibly remove Tarquin and chums.

I'm amazed the public have not taken matters in their own hands so far.

Hmmm, it appears that the public are taking the absolute failure of governments to act on climate change into their own hands.

Clearly not your sort of public, though. No doubt you think that it's pakistani mussies behind it all.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 21 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
These self centred hypocritical tossers are going to end up being hurt at some stage.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EE-0ebFXkAAPXDG?format=jpg&name=small

If I was stuck in that queue, about to miss my ferry, I'd have no hesitation in joining a group of vigilante motorists to forcibly remove Tarquin and chums.

I'm amazed the public have not taken matters in their own hands so far.

Hmmm, it appears that the public are taking the absolute failure of governments to act on climate change into their own hands.

What would you have them do, and how does shutting a road down help.
You aren't allowed a vague rant about globalists, banksters, the elite, or whatever is trendy left-speak for someone you don't like this week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 21 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
OK, more climate panic fake bullshit.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/over-200-reindeer-found-dead-in-norway-researchers-blame-climate-change-2076363

This claims that all 200 died due to starvation because of climate change causing ice, not snow to stop them getting at the grass.

https://c.ndtvimg.com/2019-07/a87vk718_dead-reindeer-reuters_625x300_27_July_19.jpg

Yep, all 200 died from starvation simultaneously, at the same place. As if.....

Funny that, because when large numbers of reindeer in the same area were found dead all at once, lightening was to blame before climate change became trendy.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2016/aug/29/300-wild-reindeer-killed-in-lightning-strike-in-norway-video

They all huddle together, on the top of a hill. The entire heard gets struck at once. But hey, must be due to climate change causing them to all simultaneously starve at exactly the same place and time.

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/160829141132-reindeer-norway-lightning-exlarge-169.jpg

If they died of starvation then why are they so fat? Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 211 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 13 of 55