Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Sober October - anybody else up for it?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:51 - 12 Sep 2019    Post subject: Re: Sober October - anybody else up for it? Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
I’m going to have a go at not drinking alcohol in October. I’ve had a wager with Mrs. 1198 and we’re both trying it.
It’s nothing more than think I’m drinking too much and could survive a month without. Time will tell!
Anybody doing it - and why?

Looks like you're on your own, geezer Laughing

Even I'm trying to drink more Shocked

hellkat
averages 4 units a month Rolling Eyes

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 12 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My birfday is in October so that's a big negatory from me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:25 - 12 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is sober?

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:11 - 12 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next month, I'll be taking part in my usual October event. Every evening I'll be supping Whisky like a Scotsman. I'll be argumentative,
obnoxious, anti-social and eventually I'll pass out. I call it Jocktober!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:11 - 13 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on.... "Sober October" Thinking

Obviously dreamt up by someone who doesn't drink!

HELLO! Oktoberfest Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:43 - 13 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
Next month, I'll be taking part in my usual October event. Every evening I'll be supping Whisky like a Scotsman. I'll be argumentative,
obnoxious, anti-social and eventually I'll pass out. I call it Jocktober!

Borderline Racist comment.

There's only one month for abstinence.

No-vember.

I'll be by-passing that hoowuring event too.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:19 - 13 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont drink.... I'll continue to not drink in October.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:10 - 14 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:

I think you should have a sponsored October binge.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:02 - 14 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:

I think you are missing the point Sir. Thinking

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:56 - 15 Sep 2019    Post subject: Re: Sober October - anybody else up for it? Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
I’m going to have a go at not drinking alcohol in October. I’ve had a wager with Mrs. 1198 and we’re both trying it.
It’s nothing more than think I’m drinking too much and could survive a month without. Time will tell!
Anybody doing it - and why?

I'll drink to that. Wasted
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:35 - 15 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving up alcohol is definitely not good for you for two reasons:

1, People get into their food alot more and eat to fatness and unfitness more than they ever did as a drinker.

2, You will find something else to obsess over in terms of your health and what's bad for you. What next give up meat and harm the human body cells due to poor nutrition etc?

Oh and a few years ago when I had anxiety, and stress related well being issues, I could eat healthily as I worried about my heart exploding or suddenly having a huge cardiac arrest, but it would never end. I'd worry about anything and everything from getting evil flu strains, organ failure or poisoning etc etc, and I was in a constant state of irrational anxiety.

But I found out one night when going out to visit friends I had a pint in my local as the train was delayed and it was cold outside. I felt so much better on the way there, and wasn't thinking about what would happen if I collapsed on the train floor or in a crowd of people trying to get through the ticket barrier etc. From then on a drink or two before going out was a help and it allowed me to realise how irrational I was being, so much that I could tell myself I'd be OK, and then once I believed it I could go outside in a busy environment without needing a drink first.

Tl:dr Drinking can help fix your mind, mental state, or well being, if your sober state is too fucked up maybe?

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:52 - 15 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not eating meat harms the body cells....Interesting.

Do what makes you happy is my advice.

[edit] and always wash your bits afterwards...Cheers Ste. Thumbs Up

Last edited by Howling Terror on 14:02 - 15 Sep 2019; edited 1 time in total

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:45 - 15 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

Caution must be exercised when giving advice like that to BCF. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:58 - 15 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

But vegans are all such miserable sods Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:01 - 16 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
I was in a constant state of irrational anxiety.

But I found out one night when going out to visit friends I had a pint in my local as the train was delayed and it was cold outside. I felt so much better on the way there, and wasn't thinking about what would happen if I collapsed on the train floor or in a crowd of people trying to get through the ticket barrier etc. From then on a drink or two before going out was a help and it allowed me to realise how irrational I was being, so much that I could tell myself I'd be OK, and then once I believed it I could go outside in a busy environment without needing a drink first.

Tl:dr Drinking can help fix your mind, mental state, or well being, if your sober state is too fucked up maybe?

After a couple of years going too hard on pills and mdma and whatever else was floating about, I had pretty chronic anxiety and panic attacks. I figured it was from all the drug taking, so my source of anxiety was via the belief that I'd literally destroyed part of my brain and might tip into pure insanity at any moment. At its worst I was having panic attacks maybe once a week. Didn't tell anyone though, I just soldiered through when it happened. Luckily it never happened in front of someone I knew, though I did once have to endure it after bumping into someone who mistook me for my twin brother. That was awful, my brain was in a catacomb of fear, standing in front of this stranger in Asda who was all 'heyyyy long time no see!'. I couldn't handle it at all, made pathetic timid conversation while wrapped in an absurd wall of pure fear. I bet he thought I was a proper weirdo.

I was at my best when completely drunk. It's the only time I could completely forget about all the stuff that was filling me with daft irrational fear.

Anyway one day at home I started to get the obvious feeling of a panic attack coming along. I thought to myself, "What am I actually scared of here, really???" Then it went away and never came back. Weirdest cure ever. Worst year of my life, and I snapped out of it just like that.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:55 - 16 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Howling Terror wrote:

But vegans are all such miserable sods Laughing

The Mrs and I were Hooring and Touring around Embura a few years ago.
We went out to Crammond for a wee visit. It's very picturesk.

Anyway, we decided to get a bit of grub there in a pub. It took a bit to find a parking space but eventually found one and walked a bit to the only pub/restaurant there.
Got sat down and I started to read their menu.

Weird.... everything on it was vegan...

Started to panic and then scanned the pub for gays and lezers.

It was full of them.

We'd unwittingly stumbled into a covert Vegan Bar.

We fucked off out of there rapidly leaving a baying jeering crowd behind us.

My Mrs was still in shock for a few hours after.

I'm embarrassed to admit this but my heart rate went up to about 170bpm.

These places should be heavily policed.

Found refuge in a Maccy-Dees a few miles away.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:57 - 16 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

[edit] and always wash your bits afterwards...Cheers Ste. Thumbs Up

Mate PM admin.

I think Ste's hacked into your account. 😮

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 16 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
.... a few years ago when I had anxiety, and stress related well being issues..... From then on a drink or two before going out was a help ....

My mate had a very similar story, only he was doing a bottle of wine before going out which then also became a bottle or two if he was staying in. He didn't get control of it until he realised he'd spent a couple of decades being an alcoholic and had liver issues. Not good.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:06 - 16 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegans are just Vegetarians who get triggered by pretty much anything.

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 16 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always abstain when I'm asleep.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:24 - 16 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Vegans are just Vegetarians who get triggered by pretty much anything.

Should be a Krama Button for perfect use of the term 'triggered'.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 195 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2