Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 508, 509, 510 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:35 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found documentation for an old Norwich Union Fire Insurance Society "Rider Policy". A great pity these policies are no longer available.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Do you understand the meaning of “national”?

It’s not Africa.

They've been involved in the International Lifeboat Federation since its inception in 1924 and involved in international projects since then.

They save lives. Just because they help save lives in other countries and spend a tiny portion of their budget working with those organisations doesn't detract from the main message: They save lives.

jimspeed
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:32 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRZ4Hunned wrote:
Sister Sledge wrote:
Re head gasket failure: Remove the radiator cap. It's causing pressure problems. The whole point is to increase pressure in the system which increases the boiling point of the coolant. As long as you avoid long inclines where the engine will labour under load (increase in temperature) then you should be OK. Remember too that cylinder pressure could be seeping into the coolant system and increasing pressure. I guess it depends on the value/condition of the car and if it's worth it.
I ran a Peugeot for two years with a broken head gasket like that!

I am tempted to run some K-seal, but seems a shame to gunk up the system since it's recently had a new radiator/ water pump. It's a 2007 137k mile Skoda Favia VRS. Decent car but not worth much. I've done 500 odd miles since I first noticed the issue, including 2 x 120 mile motorway runs so should be ok for now...

These things are my bread and butter, worked on the vag range since 1995 ( ex skoda dealer)... what symptoms is it showing as they rarely do head gaskets in even when tuned..
Hyosung cruise 125(passed test on, sold) Kawasaki el 252 (better than expected but sold on) Kawasaki GPZ500S first "big"bike.(sold) ZZR600 E5..Z750 2007,ER5, currently on a 2008 Enfield bullet electra x and loving it..
,"Alpha-9: Is there any correlation between dyno rod and dyno kits?"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DRZ4Hunned
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:43 - 19 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimspeed wrote:
These things are my bread and butter, worked on the vag range since 1995 ( ex skoda dealer)... what symptoms is it showing as they rarely do head gaskets in even when tuned..

Ah perfect!

The coolant pipe from the engine to the top of the rad occasionally pops off, it happened once and the engine overheated for a short period. Normally if I keep checking I can catch it before it comes off by pushing it back into place.

It seems to be okay if I don't rag it, but if I do, the following day the coolant expansion tank is extremely pressurised, and when I take the cap off it spurts out like a volcano which I suspect is exhaust gases entering the coolant system?

I've bought one of those cheap 'sniffer' tester kits off eBay where you add the test fluid and if it turns from blue to yellow, it indicates there's gases in the coolant. I did the test and it turned a slight bluey-yellow Crying or Very sad

I have done about 500 miles since it's been like this and the coolant doesn't appear to be dropping much if it all. I was going to try some Steel Seal at the weekend and see if that keeps it going for a while...
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:41 - 19 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Cobblers. 2% or not, they're the Royal NATIONAL Lifeboat Institution. People expect donations to go to saving lives at sea around the UK's waters, not spending over £3,300,0000 of that on foreign Muslim virtue signalling projects like cheches in Bangladesh and full length swimsuits for devout Muslim women in Tanzania, who are forced to wear medieval, male, patriarchal garb of the hijab and burkini. These projects are obtaining money by false pretences.

This comes at a time where the charity are laying off 135 staff in the UK. That £3.3m spent on virtue signalling projects abroad in Muslim countries would have kept them in a job.

Apparently, donating to the Royal National Lifeboat Institution and expecting that money to be spent in this country on lifeboats, makes you racist according to the recently far left twisted Metro.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/16/racists-have-stopped-donating-to-rnli-because-some-money-is-used-abroad-10750477/

Sounds like your sort of gutter press rag. Thumbs Up

I'll repeat it for the very clearly hard of thinking and comprehending.

"They've been involved in the International Lifeboat Federation since its inception in 1924 and involved in international projects since then."

This is nothing new, they've been saving lives every day here and abroad for all of that time. The only new thing is the daily fail trying to whip up some hatred and that's nothing new either. Laughing

The full length swimsuits? Who really cares. It helps women in islamic cultures to learn to swim and that help prevent drowning and in turn, saves lives. Again, for the very hard of thinking and comprehending, it's not virtue signalling - they just get on with it, they don't advertise it. You have to wait for a tabloid rag like the fail to dig it up.

Oh by the way. The 2% is spent internationally supporting life saving projects in a variety of different countries only some of which are muslim - you really should get that particular bee out of your bonnet. Rolling Eyes

The majority of the RNLI are volunteers - they have around 40,000 of them. Apart from the Coxswains who are retained, all of the crews are unpaid volunteers. The redundancies are among the support/administrative staff and surely that should appeal to your notion of what a charity should be - it means more money goes towards saving lives.

In short, the RNLI are a magnificent charity that have been saving lives on a daily basis for nearly 200 years. You don't get better value for money than that.

By the way, your ad hominem attacks are laughable. You can't rally a coherent argument and support it so you fall back on insults and rants. It's boring.

growler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:19 - 19 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost my 11 year old tuxedo cat to kidney failure yesterday
buried him in the Mother in Laws front garden Sad
Many tears were shed
Huge character in a little body

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:21 - 19 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

And?

This doesn't stop people being pissed off that they think they're donating to lifeboats around the UK, when millions are being thrown at virtue signalling Muslim projects in Bangladesh and Tanzania, supporting repressive, medieval, male, patriarchal garb of the hijab and burkini.

Maybe charities need to be a bit clearer and open on where the donated money is virtue signalled, at the point of donation?

Again with the "virtue signalling". That requires it to be trumpeted from the rooftops not part of an annual report. You've quoted two countries that happen to have an Islamic culture - what about all of the others they support? You're always quick to pick out Islam aren't you?

Anyway, the net result has been an increase in charitable contributions to the RNLI long may it last, so the fail failed again. Laughing

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 19 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RNLI also pay wages to engine mechanics. My cousin was one.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:12 - 19 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
The RNLI also pay wages to engine mechanics. My cousin was one.

Yep, they're staff. Thumbs Up

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:08 - 19 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

They're the only two mentioned in the link to your mates at The "everyone who complains about RNLI donations going to Muslim countries to fund Bukinis is a racsit" Metro.

Bit of an assumption there as I've never read the Metro. It isn't even published here.

mpd72 wrote:

Anything to backup this Guardian tainted claim? I smell lefty bullshit, considering this story has only been in the press a week, how exactly can anyone say what impact has been had yet?

It's not possible, anywhere outside of the agenda led imagination of a screaming leftie.

Yawn. More ad hominem nonsense. Do learn to debate it makes you look foolish when you resort to insults.

Can't you use Google then? I just did and found Cornwall Live, The Independent, the Bournemouth Echo, thirdsector.co.uk, inews.co.uk, the New European, The London Economic, The Plymouth Herald and a few others as well - all giving the same story. Donations increased since the fail article. Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:35 - 20 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

I thought you’d dodge that. Your corroborating stories are old news. I’ve seen some of them and they’re not recent . Link to one from after this latest RNLI scandal was in the news this week.

April, cough cough..... https://www.thirdsector.co.uk/rnli-fundraised-income-increases-due-boost-legacy-gifts/fundraising/article/1581520

So, this broke around Twitter 2 days ago, with hundreds of people saying they'd stop their donations. Any chance of seeing the RNLI accountants statement from the last 24 hours claiming it increased donations?

Of course you can’t, because you’re wrong and using old news to try to pretend to be right. But as usual, you’ll not admit to being wrong.

It’s how screaming lefties like you operate.

I dodged nothing. All of those sites I pointed you to contains articles stating that donations have increased since the fail rant.

No old news here as much as you'd like there to be.

You could ask the RNLI for evidence if you really wanted to but I'm happy to accept a broad range of answers from respected sources myself.

Oh and 'screaming lefties'? Your continual ad hominem nonsense is pathetic - it really is. However, here's a minor one from me. You have form for ignoring facts because they don't fit your own personal small minded little britain agenda. I'm always happy to adjust my views according to the evidence when it's properly presented and source which is something you've continually failed to do. You appear to be wholly driven by dogma dictated by the previously mentioned agenda.

To quote Duncan Ballantyne, Ahm oot. You're not worth the effort Laughing

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:58 - 20 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you send an email to an organisation like eBNay, PayPal, Amazon etc and they don't bother reading past their predefined subject field and just send you a generic cut-and-paste reply which in no way even comes close to answering your query.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:32 - 20 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

Oh and 'screaming lefties'? Your continual ad hominem nonsense is pathetic - it really is. However, here's a minor one from me. You have form for ignoring facts because they don't fit your own personal small minded little britain agenda. I'm always happy to adjust my views according to the evidence when it's properly presented and source which is something you've continually failed to do. You appear to be wholly driven by dogma dictated by the previously mentioned agenda.

To quote Duncan Ballantyne, Ahm oot. You're not worth the effort Laughing

This, so much this. Everyone who disagrees must be a commie, right? Classic lament of the stuck in the mud far right old world luddite.

My feeling on the current rise of the far right is that it is death throes. Trump is the last of a soon to be exitinct breed. We aren't going to be able to deny climate change, be racist or misogynistic any more, so they are the last gasp. Good riddance I say.

I'm not a 'commie' or a 'leftie' but I do believe in being nice to people. Funny that isn't it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 20 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

And today's second gear-grinder...

People hijacking 'Dear Auntie BCF' threads with ranty politics shit

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:55 - 20 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
And today's second gear-grinder...

Which is why I've bowed out Razz

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:28 - 20 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:

Isn't there only one person who does that?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 220 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 508, 509, 510 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 509 of 698