Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 459, 460, 461 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:43 - 19 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Indefinitely if they cant find an acceptable solution to the NI backstop.

easy solution.

Give the voters in Ireland a chance to unify as one nation.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:14 - 19 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

easy solution.

Are you forgetting the recent history?

'No Surrender' is/was the cry.

I've not been through N.I. for a while but I do remember that both persuasions paint their kerbstones, lamp posts, fences, railings, gable ends in their sides colour and regalia.
These people are the Shia Sunni of the norf.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:50 - 19 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Last weeks terrorists, this weeks politicians Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:00 - 20 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
MCN wrote:

Last weeks terrorists, this weeks politicians Laughing

Ouch.. Very Happy

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:03 - 20 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

easy solution.

Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:02 - 20 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't beat a good schism for an excuse to kill people.

Like I've always said, anyone who believes in a sky pixie should be classed as mentally ill as they are clearky delusional.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 20 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

easy solution.

Only if every country in the EU gets a referendum on leaving, the ROI gets a referendum on joining the UK, and Catalonia gets a a vote on leaving Spain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:06 - 20 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Like I've always said, anyone who believes in a sky pixie should be classed as mentally ill as they are clearky delusional.

It offends my sense of reason to have to consider Goders and Religists.

It fucking offends me.

I am justifiably offended by all of it.

And the numbers who visit a church 'place of whoreship' due to peer pressure boggles the mind too.

And the Tax relief for all of this shite is also offensive. Bastirts.

Thanks for the trigger you cunt. Smile

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:28 - 20 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

It offends my sense of reason to have to consider Goders and Religists.

It fucking offends me.

I am justifiably offended by all of it.

And the numbers who visit a church 'place of whoreship' due to peer pressure boggles the mind too.

And the Tax relief for all of this shite is also offensive. Bastirts.

Thanks for the trigger you cunt. Smile

Always a pleasure, never a chore.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:10 - 20 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it weren't religion it'd be something else...

Celtic vs Rangers?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:12 - 20 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Celtic vs Rangers?

And that is the sad thing because it's true.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:02 - 20 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
easy solution.

The Good Friday Agreement says if it ever appears likely (to the Secretary of State for NI) that a majority would vote for reunification there should be a referendum on both sides of the border.

Quote:
In March 2019, the Irish Times/Ipsos MRBI poll found that... if there were a referendum now, 45% said they would against unity, and 32% said they would vote in favour, with the remaining 23% responding ‘don’t know’.

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/irish-reunification
We can only guess how the people of the Republic of Ireland would vote, but I'll guess "No!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:45 - 21 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Celtic vs Rangers?

That's religion again though. Celtic are Catholic, Rangers are Protestant.

At least they're not mussies, eh?

gwernybwch
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:02 - 21 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I can understand how anyone in a reasonably well paid secure job would want to stay in the EU. After all why upset the applecart where you may have something to lose. Someone like me though, badly paid, service sector and job value reduced by cheap EU labour. F'all to lose.

I'm sorry to say, I honestly think that your lot can get worse after we leave the EU under WTO terms.
The obvious answer is caps on unskilled labour entering the country, but that will push up the price of labour. And corporations won't be having that and when corporations want something, governments usually cave in.
Leaving the EU still doesn't take away the fact that the country still needs loads of unskilled labour and the generations of Brit's living on benefits aren't suddenly going to be employable. I'll guarantee that one of the first trade agreements that we do is with the Philippines; a country full of 'politically acceptable' migrants i.e. meek / English speaking / non-Muslims.
Added to that we will competing globally; against countries with much cheaper labour, lower H&S standards, lesser employment rights.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:06 - 22 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't let a Remainer go unchallenged, can we Smile

One of the big things that is bothering me about the Remain argument lately is that they claim business will struggle, jobs will be lost etc etc. But they're so keen to keep on extending A50, which I'm sure most people realise is THE most damaging thing for business - remember we are always told, "due to Brexit uncertainty"? So let's end the uncertainty and get out asap, so our next government can crack on with trade deals &c, enabling business to get on with things, knowing how the land lies.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:30 - 22 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brexit - the end of the world as we know it.

No food on the shelves
No Medicines
No petrol
Blackouts
No s̶l̶a̶v̶e̶s̶ cheap labour to do the work
No companies left in Britain
Scotland will leave
NI will have a hard border so killing will start
We will all turn into the KKK.
The Welsh will have to eat the sheep instead of shagging them.
A blue meteorite with yellow stars will strike the country in retribution for our sins causing an extinction event that will cull the foolish leavers.

However salvation is amongst us - Praying Praying Clapping

Gina Miller with overthrow the government, set herself up as queen and lead us back on the path of righteousness ably assisted by her democratically unelected assistant Jo Swinson.

Or we will just carry on with our lives. I wonder which.

gwernybwch
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:01 - 22 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
We can't let a Remainer go unchallenged, can we Smile

One of the big things that is bothering me about the Remain argument lately is that they claim business will struggle, jobs will be lost etc etc. But they're so keen to keep on extending A50, which I'm sure most people realise is THE most damaging thing for business - remember we are always told, "due to Brexit uncertainty"? So let's end the uncertainty and get out asap, so our next government can crack on with trade deals &c, enabling business to get on with things, knowing how the land lies.

Having the belief that the lot of those in low paid / low skilled jobs isn't going to improve after Brexit, doesn't automatically make me a 'Remainer' does it (and why does it have to be either your a 'Leaver' or a 'Remainer'?)? Rather than someone that has an understanding of globalisation and the increasing power of MNC's.

Uncertainty over Brexit is affecting businesses because they don't know whether it will or won't happen or what form it will take.
If WTO becomes the certainty, for many businesses the longer it will take to actually leave will give them better opportunities to make plans and for trade agreements to be agreed.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:17 - 22 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

gwernybwch wrote:

Having the belief that the lot of those in low paid / low skilled jobs isn't going to improve after Brexit

gwernybwch wrote:
Leaving the EU still doesn't take away the fact that the country still needs loads of unskilled labour and the generations of Brit's living on benefits aren't suddenly going to be employable.

So you want us to bring in loads of unskilled labour (which leaving the EU won't prevent - we can set our immigation levels; they could be higher than if we stayed in the EU if we wanted), knowing their lot will be poor Confused So yes, you're endorsing slavery in fact.

And presumably you're saying our own unemployed won't suddenly be employable, what, cos they're unskilled? Confused
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:41 - 22 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

And presumably you're saying our own unemployed won't suddenly be employable, what, cos they're unskilled? Confused

THey're not employable because they are all lazy fucks. there were no hand car washes around until the poles turned up.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:18 - 22 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

THey're not employable because they are all lazy fucks. there were no hand car washes around until the poles turned up.

Tbf, hand car washes are hardly an essential part of the UK economy. There are jobs that are a bit more productive in that respect. Or would be if taxes were paid and the money remained in the UK economy, instead of being sent home to Eastern Europe.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 22 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Tbf, hand car washes are hardly an essential part of the UK economy. There are jobs that are a bit more productive in that respect. Or would be if taxes were paid and the money remained in the UK economy, instead of being sent home to Eastern Europe.

Remind me again, what it is you are doing for work these days CS?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:56 - 22 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

Unemployed Laughing

I'm just a complete fuck-up though Smile
Not claiming any benefits aside from single person's discount on the C. Tax, however.

And I still have opinions on Brexit - doesn't that just annoy the fuck out of you? Razz

Otoh, I haven't run away to another country, but I won't get all personal on you about this Laughing

Anyway, aren't they always telling us that unemployment levels in this country are at their lowest in years?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:14 - 23 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

Unemployed Laughing

I'm just a complete fuck-up though Smile
Not claiming any benefits aside from single person's discount on the C. Tax, however.

And I still have opinions on Brexit - doesn't that just annoy the fuck out of you? Razz

Otoh, I haven't run away to another country, but I won't get all personal on you about this Laughing

Anyway, aren't they always telling us that unemployment levels in this country are at their lowest in years?

No idea, I ran away to another country when David Cameron was still just another tosser PM. Laughing

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:02 - 23 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

No, because most of the remaining UK citizens, are used to and entrenched into a life on benefits, they don't know anything else, they don't want anything different, apart from improved state paid benefits, whether obtained by legal, or illegal means. Discovered this weekend, that a nephew of mine, has a 'money making scheme', basically, he knows someone at at the dwp. He gets someone to arrange a universal credit loan of £1500, the dwp employee pockets £1000, the other £500 split evenly between him and whoever applied for the loan !! Needless to say, I'm reporting the the little f**cker today !!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 210 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 459, 460, 461 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 460 of 523