Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MotoGP 2019: Warning, definitely will contain Spoil

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:12 - 17 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Zarco out of KTM with immediate effect, test rider Mika Kallio to take over for the remaining 6 races & "with a view to the 2020 RC16."

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:09 - 17 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Quote:
Zarco out of KTM with immediate effect, test rider Mika Kallio to take over for the remaining 6 races & "with a view to the 2020 RC16."

Shocked
Link?

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:44 - 17 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I'm particularly surprised. He's been seriously unhappy.

I do hope this isn't the last of him, I want more backflips!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:39 - 17 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerr wrote:

Link?

Neil Morrison MotoGP Journo first broke the news (just before me Smile ) but it's here now

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2019/09/17/johann-zarco-replaced-by-mika-kallio-for-rest-of-2019-season/309227
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:15 - 20 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just WT actual F!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EE5Y8OZUEAEl_Ha?format=png&name=large

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:40 - 20 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

See Stigafelt in Quattoraros garage just standing there with his mouth open Laughing

OGR

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:57 - 23 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highlights on Quest 6pm tonight.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:39 - 23 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been the most avid follower recently, but I just noticed these covers over the wheels on some of the bikes - an aerodynamic thing? I thought maybe something to do with brake temperatures for some fancy pad compound, but they're on both sides of the rear as well as the front.

...is it just on the Ducatis?

Edit: Ok, couldn't wait for you slovenly lot to get around to answering, found it:

https://www.gpone.com/en/2019/05/31/motogp/ducati-closes-the-wheel-new-aerodynamics-on-pirros-bike.html

And Dovi's bike did indeed have them as well, and possibly others.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:11 - 24 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both purposes and latterly there's been a push for better aerodynamics.

The carbon discs and carbon pads of old had a narrower optimum working temp than they do now. They'll still add extra shielding for cool temps but it has to be a lot colder for them to use metal discs.

I've seen Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda and Ducati use the aero shrouds. Ducati leading the way when it comes to overall aerodynamics even if sometimes they (front winglets) hinder the bike on certain types of corners.

I noticed when the winglets first appeared that Rossi was a bit reticent to use them but now he runs with them. Honda were also winglet on-off for a bit. They must be beneficial because they're omnipresent now.
Blame Gigi Dall’Igna for the ugly bikes. Smile

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:31 - 24 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so intent on trying to work out which bikes had them and what sides of the rear wheel they were on, I missed most of what was going on with the actual race Rolling Eyes Laughing

Found myself egging on Vinales at the end - Yamaha innit Mr. Green
Frigging tyres, eh? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:06 - 04 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

FP1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGBpZDAWoAEUd_H?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGC8-XUW4AwtiqL?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGC8-XRXoAAVBwV?format=jpg&name=small

Hospital

Then

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGBYg9IWsAElPaP?format=jpg&name=900x900

That is some racer. Cool

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:44 - 04 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else not got coverage of FP2 from BT Sport via Virgin Media?

Oddly VM has recorded some baseball instead.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:39 - 05 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

VM has fecked-up bigly.

I shall denounce them on the socials on your behalf.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:22 - 06 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dull dull dull processional until the very last corner. There might be people faster than him but they've yet to convert that into reliable wins.

Be interesting to see what happens in the remaining races as the rest of them sort out the remaining positions.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:56 - 06 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

This years champion was basically a given the minute Lorenzo left Ducati IMO.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:48 - 06 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

He (M Marquez) is something special eh. Didn't need to push so hard to get that win. Many others have used their heads and settled for a podium. Others wouldn't have come back from that crash and still put in the effort and crash trying again during quali.
He's 26 and beating world champs, beating all time greats. Amazing to watch.

I don't think it's ever a given that he was going to win it this year. Lorenzo had broken his back, he may have been told that another impact like that could be a life changer for all we know. I have never doubted his ability to ride through an injury and history backs that up in spades.. His mindset has shown wobbles though and maybe Honda isn't going in the direction he wanted it to. Doesn't help with Puig saying what he said about the 5 times world champ.

Looks like Crutchlow has already retired in his head, looks like Fabio is believing he can win. The youngster can take the pressure and just needs to learn a few last lap tricks. Turns out at previous races his bike had been 500rpm down on his full factory counterparts. That is mind-blowingly impressive.

Dovi and Petrux, they are the disappointing ones.
Suzuki are impressive. Loz on a Suzuki could be really good but he is into his 30s now and had some massive massive injuries and not just on the odd occasion either.

Good to see Fabio taking it to the master. Who would've thought that at the beginning of the year.

Top marks to Jack Miller. Wish he didn't fall of as much.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:03 - 07 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
He (M Marquez) is something special eh. Didn't need to push so hard to get that win. Many others have used their heads and settled for a podium.

I think in MM's head there was no way he'd have settled for a second, on the day he became 8 times champ. He'd have seen them setting up that daft pool table effort and second place would not have been an option.

Howling Terror wrote:
Top marks to Jack Miller. Wish he didn't fall of as much.
He's an underrated talent for sure. Thumbs Up

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 07 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need 8 riders on similar bikes... Suzuki are getting there whilst Yamaha are flagging! Then the satellite teams on their bikes... that'd be good!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:10 - 08 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we, do we really want a 1 make type series? Guess what the finishing order would be.

What we need is another alien like there's been in the past.

This chap (photo taken 2 hrs ago) could be...let's hope eh.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGXAptCU4AACWPF?format=jpg&name=small

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:14 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Marquez brothers eh.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EHNBmxGWoAEYA8z?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:07 - 20 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

They keep saying Quat is coming - he's yet to win a race .....

Meanwhile MM93 notches up yet another M Car and completes the round of Poles and another win at home.

Lorenzo must be spbbing into his Paella Mr. Green

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:54 - 20 Oct 2019    Post subject: MM93 Reply with quote

He's just like Rossi was on the Honda all those years ago, man and machine working perfectly together.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:21 - 20 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

British Superbikes was good tho. Very Happy

He (Fabio) will win as will Franco. Both on bikes slightly inferior to Vinni and Rossi yet both coming good, both at the sharp end both young.

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:15 - 21 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, good to see Redding put it in the doubters face! If Yamaha can find some ponies, they've got a great future, apart from the old bloke!

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 21 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kentol750 wrote:
If Yamaha can find some ponies, they've got a great future, apart from the old bloke!

I'm sure if he hasn't improved next year he may retire Sad although if quarteraro keep it up id love to see him on the full factory bike.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 159 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8