Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 466, 467, 468 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:20 - 08 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:
....Some nitpicking remoaners could take an issue with your grand system being a suggestion and not reality....

You realise that while we're in the EU we can't make it a reality, because we're in the EU.
It seems like a strange argument for you to be making.

The ringleaders told us that it would be easy peasy. Looks like a bait and switch scam, doesn't it?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

SpeedyCBR1100
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:56 - 09 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine, who's an ardent remoaner, believes that Boris has asked the Bulgarian government to veto the extension request he has to make. Apparently if that happens we automatically crash out at the end of this month. Could this be true?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:42 - 09 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeedyCBR1100 wrote:
A friend of mine, who's an ardent remoaner, believes that Boris has asked the Bulgarian government to veto the extension request he has to make. Apparently if that happens we automatically crash out at the end of this month. Could this be true?

We could probably veto it ourselves.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:08 - 09 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
SpeedyCBR1100 wrote:

We could probably veto it ourselves.

Boris Johnson: "Duh! Why didn't I think of that?!" Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 09 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we 'crash out' and not just 'leave' without a deal?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:03 - 09 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Because the Germans are going to literally block the exits on the EU building and our MEPS will have to crash out through the windows, at which point they'll be called Nazis re-enacting Kristallnacht. FACT.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:29 - 09 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeedyCBR1100 wrote:

I think if crashing out looks likely then MPs might bottle it at the last minute and agree to May’s Deal.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:39 - 09 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
SpeedyCBR1100 wrote:

I think if crashing out looks likely then MPs might bottle it at the last minute and agree to May’s Deal.

II agree, and that would solve nothing although it would show the politicians as two faced scumbags if they did..

May's deal, a general election and the Brexit party are going to go to town.

I will be interested how the try and legally lock us into the deal if they do that though.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:51 - 09 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Because even the high priests of the cult admit that it's opposite of the heaven they baited us with.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 09 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could we go full snack, get a lorry, and 'crash out' into other cars and pedestrians?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:54 - 09 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooner or later, extension or no extension, EU meddling or no, the people of this country are going to get their say.
Even many of those who wanted to remain in the EU have since looked at their behaviour, together with the damage being done to our constitution by the Remainer MPs, and are now saying fuck this, we want no part of that nonsense.
I don't think this country is destined to remain in the EU whatever else may happen. It just means more time until we finally get free. I suspect this, since the referendum in 2016, has all just been round 1.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

dynax
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:57 - 09 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all politicians are cannibals as they're so fucked up with Kuru from eating human brains and should be terminated to save humanity as a species Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:00 - 09 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

dynax wrote:
I think all politicians are cannibals as they're so fucked up with Kuru from eating human brains and should be terminated to save humanity as a species Laughing

Mad politicians disease?

A new British disease that has migrated from cows to cvnts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:05 - 09 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Mad politicians disease?

A new British disease that has migrated from cows to cvnts.

Not so much mad, although there's definitely a strong strain of that going around among them, as greedy. I understand Jo Swinson and family have been receiving an awful lot of money from the EU lately. I doubt she's the only one.

Personally, when we're finally out, I think all these scum should be given a choice; get out of Britain, never to come back, or face a public gallows. The queue of applicants for the job of hangman is likely to be a very long one.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:54 - 11 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever wished you had an X power? I had the misfortune to end up watching the BBCs Brexitcast program. Within minutes I wished I had the power to cause a person to have an instant and catastrophic loss of bowel control. Which one of the arses I would target first though?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:24 - 11 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised Val, Roman Numeral Man, etc. hasn't been on to sing about Nissan claiming huge job losses in Sunderland if we leave without a deal.
Maybe only Sunderland will sink into the sea.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:27 - 14 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after everything that has happened it looks like we may end up with a version of TM's deal after all. This is the deal that nobody really wants, that a majority of MPs voted against and that TM ultimately lost her job over. Now it appears that even Rees-Mogg will 'eat his words' and support whatever final version Johnson and the EU come up with.

Will this make Johnson a hero or a traitor in the eyes of his electorate?

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 10:52 - 14 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
So after everything that has happened it looks like we may end up with a version of TM's deal after all. This is the deal that nobody really wants, that a majority of MPs voted against and that TM ultimately lost her job over. Now it appears that even Rees-Mogg will 'eat his words' and support whatever final version Johnson and the EU come up with.

Will this make Johnson a hero or a traitor in the eyes of his electorate?

Ah, another proud brave returns from the unicorn hunt with a scrawny goat in tow, a somewhat smaller and smellier one than the one TM brought. Funny how it was already described with great accuracy 130 years ago:

Mark Twain wrote:

he was going for the Holy Grail. The boys all took a flier at the Holy Grail now and then. It was a several years' cruise. They always put in the long absence snooping around, in the most conscientious way, though none of them had any idea where the Holy Grail really was, and I don't think any of them actually expected to find it, or would have known what to do with it if he had run across it. You see, it was just the Northwest Passage of that day, as you may say; that was all. Every year expeditions went out holy grailing, and next year relief expeditions went out to hunt for them. There was worlds of reputation in it, but no money.

Time for Sir Nigel to have a go, I gather? Laughing

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:06 - 14 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Farage is buying a new suit as we speak. Thumbs Up

Why, did you jizz all over the last one?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 167 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 466, 467, 468 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 467 of 523