Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Harley-Davidson Needs a New Generation of Riders

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic : View next topic  

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:04 - 18 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://media1.giphy.com/media/t3dLl0TGHCxTG/giphy.gif

biker7
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:07 - 18 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
If OP can't name the landlords he's talking shit and just pulling stuff off the internets.
biker7 wrote:
Worked and lived in Bath till the 90's.

Shame you think that. Bought my first bike at Barton Motors which was in town in '71 by the river (ask the old timers). I think they moved to Twerton. Nice chat anyway. Knew Bath very well, possibly before you were born.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 23:10 - 18 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

biker7 wrote:

Shame you think that. Bought my first bike at Barton Motors which was in town in '71 by the river (ask the old timers). I think they moved to Twerton. Nice chat anyway. Knew Bath very well, possibly before you were born.

Actually, I think you've just pulled it out of the bag.

They did move to twerton, cause thats where I bought my RG and X5 from them.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:49 - 18 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back OT, Harley could've cultivated a whole new generation of riders, several times over, if they hadn't screwed Erik quite so comprehensively.

Marketed and supported properly, Buell could've been to Harley what AMG is/was to Mercedes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

biker7
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:13 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
biker7 wrote:

Actually, I think you've just pulled it out of the bag.

They did move to twerton, cause thats where I bought my RG and X5 from them.

Thumbs Up I bought a 250 Yam from Two Wheel Services (I think ) about 95 in Twerton on the Bristol road. Decent bloke - I'm not very good on names.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:15 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

biker7 wrote:
Thumbs Up I bought a 250 Yam from Two Wheel Services (I think ) about 95 in Twerton on the Bristol road. Decent bloke - I'm not very good on names.

What 250 Yam? Rolling Eyes

biker7
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:58 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
biker7 wrote:

What 250 Yam? Rolling Eyes

Slow but reliable and looked ok.

biker7
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:14 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harley these days are trying to compete. Probably pointless because younger riders require more for less. If I were 30 years younger I probably would not buy an HD. My bike is somewhere in between a trad Harley and a top end Jap bike, in spohistication. My local Harley dealer is selling loads of bikes compared to Kawasaki in the same building. But as the buying public ages I think this will decline. They should stick to what they do best - fairly old fashioned, blingy, expensive, well engineered, tourers. I don't think they will beat the Japs at their own game. Still the rulebook will be all change with electric so who knows what market forces will operate. I'd be quite happy to have an MT10 as an alternative to my bike if Harley went bust but for the moment I feel I have got the bike that suits me best. I will ride for about 10 more years max and by then a lot of you will be on electric machines.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:46 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bromance is in the air. Wub

Nobby and biker7 didn't get on initially but have come together over their love of pubs and bike shops in Bath.

If it turns out that biker7 has loads of piercing then it won't be possible to separate them. Laughing
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Yes, it's just as bad as you imagine.

It means that your kids are a bad influence on me. Tut Tut

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:11 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still don't want a Hardley...

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:19 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and the answers?

The album on the wall in the bell was by the rhythmites, Hawkwind could be found at Hampton row, dicks bands are Culture shock, citizen fish and subhumans. Club fusion was under county hotel.

The landlords question was a trick one. The same guy had both. Ian woods. He banned me from both.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 15:24 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, 4 valves per cylinder and FI - so we're up to say mid 80s BMW technology.
But still using push rods and making around 50hp/litre... which is probably getting on for just post WW2 technology (seems about what an early BSA goldstar was making.)

Harely really isn't anywhere near the Jap's (and German's) 200hp/lt game with this bike Wink.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:35 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Well, 4 valves per cylinder and FI - so we're up to say mid 80s BMW technology.
But still using push rods and making around 50hp/litre... which is probably getting on for just post WW2 technology (seems about what an early BSA goldstar was making.)

Harely really isn't anywhere near the Jap's (and German's) 200hp/lt game with this bike Wink.

I'm surprised that they aren't using a sidevalve setup
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 161 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5