Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit the will of the people finall poll.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Brexit is the will of the people 17.4m voted for:
17.4m voted for Johnson's glorious deal. Seriously
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
17.4m voted for Farage WTO.
66%
 66%  [ 14 ]
17.4m voted for EFTA
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 21

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:28 - 23 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
There should be another option in this poll:

"Bannage for posting NSFW image"

It was a selfie of Val[erie] I think Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:49 - 24 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The no nsfw images rule has now been relaxed and is no longer being quite so strictly enforced. Twisted Evil

https://i.imgur.com/LWyNbWP.jpg

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
I personally would like to leave with a deal, and at least try for one. But if its not possible or if people just try to play silly games then just make them choke on a "no deal" Brexit and make them regret not showing due respect to leave voters.

I think most leave voters and the mandate are for one of the two:
a. Try for a deal, but no deal if it can't be done
b. No negotiation, leave no deal

Strictly speaking in terms of the result (on paper) there is absolutely no mandate for any negotiation. The "negotiations" side was the remain side. Strictly speaking people voted for a total clean break.

You agree with me then the fair way to unite the country and resolve Brexit will be to have referendum:

A. Remain.
B. Leave on WTO.
C. Leave with Johnson's WA.

Using preferential votes. Means if the results are:

ABC 48%
BCA 32%
CBA - 20%

Using Alternative Vote preferential vote Leave on WTO will have a total of 52% vs Remain and we will leave on WTO terms. As a remainer I am happy with that because its a fair way to deal with Brexit.

GE is not fair way 60% of votes are lost because of FPTP, in confirmatory referendum EACH vote counts.

I spoke this morning on LBC with Farage answering the question can we trust Johnson when he say: "MPs are holding the country hostage don't want GE"

tldr; We can't trust Johnson because there are at least 4 ways to make GE and he wants his way only - to be in control!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1SoDzyH_5g

Bonus I do made Farage to despair and give up at the end Laughing Laughing Laughing

Later today LibDems/SNP proposed general election and James Cleverly rejected GE proposal on Andrew Marr show!

Means I am right - the only one who holds the country hostage is Johnson. He just wants to keep his job not a fair GE!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:32 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you so scared of a second referendum if you are so convinced that the majority will just vote for leave?

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:20 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:
I personally would like to leave with a deal, and at least try for one. But if its not possible or if people just try to play silly games then just make them choke on a "no deal" Brexit and make them regret not showing due respect to leave voters.

I think most leave voters and the mandate are for one of the two:
a. Try for a deal, but no deal if it can't be done
b. No negotiation, leave no deal

Strictly speaking in terms of the result (on paper) there is absolutely no mandate for any negotiation. The "negotiations" side was the remain side. Strictly speaking people voted for a total clean break.

You agree with me then the fair way to unite the country and resolve Brexit will be to have referendum:

A. Remain.
B. Leave on WTO.
C. Leave with Johnson's WA.

Using preferential votes. Means if the results are:

ABC 48%
BCA 32%
CBA - 20%

Using Alternative Vote preferential vote Leave on WTO will have a total of 52% vs Remain and we will leave on WTO terms. As a remainer I am happy with that because its a fair way to deal with Brexit.

GE is not fair way 60% of votes are lost because of FPTP, in confirmatory referendum EACH vote counts.

I spoke this morning on LBC with Farage answering the question can we trust Johnson when he say: "MPs are holding the country hostage don't want GE"

tldr; We can't trust Johnson because there are at least 4 ways to make GE and he wants his way only - to be in control!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1SoDzyH_5g

Bonus I do made Farage to despair and give up at the end Laughing Laughing Laughing

Later today LibDems/SNP proposed general election and James Cleverly rejected GE proposal on Andrew Marr show!

Means I am right - the only one who holds the country hostage is Johnson. He just wants to keep his job not a fair GE!

The only fair way to unite the country is to leave the EU as per the result of the referendum we already held in 2016. The only way to divide the country and further the causes of racism, classism and bigotry is to hold a second referendum on Brexit. Do you want to further the causes of racism, classism and bigotry Val?

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:55 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

The only fair way to unite the country is to leave the EU as per the result of the referendum we already held in 2016. The only way to divide the country and further the causes of racism, classism and bigotry is to hold a second referendum on Brexit. Do you want to further the causes of racism, classism and bigotry Val?

I am all ears how do you propose that to happen without GE or referendum?

Johnson wants to leave with his WA "deal".
Farage wants to leave on WTO No Deal terms.
Plenty of people like me want to Remain.

How do you plan to unite these divisions? Surely forcing your option on everybody will not unite the country.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:35 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

I am all ears how do you propose that to happen without GE or referendum?

Johnson wants to leave with his WA "deal".
Farage wants to leave on WTO No Deal terms.

How do you plan to unite these divisions? Surely forcing your option on everybody will not unite the country.

I think we should have an election whether the deal goes through or not.

If the referendum went against me I would have been forced to accept remain by your side. What you are saying is that leaving requires two referendum results which I fundamentally disagree with as it violates the principles of fairness and equality. I thought you would really value equality and fairness?

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:42 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Why are you so scared of a second referendum if you are so convinced that the majority will just vote for leave?

what is literally the point?

you wont accept the result of the next referendum either, will you?

This neverendum bollocks was exactly why some people voted to leave, the establishment want you in your box and the status quo kept, for someone with a face full of shit acting the rebel, you'd think you wouldn't want to align yourself with that.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:17 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
... exactly why some people voted to leave, the establishment want you in your box and the status quo kept, for someone with a face full of shit acting the rebel, you'd think you wouldn't want to align yourself with that.

If we had voted to remain, then been bullied into a second referendum by whiney protesters, I wonder if he'd have been against that second referendum?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:55 - 28 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

temeluchus wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:
... exactly why some people voted to leave, the establishment want you in your box and the status quo kept, for someone with a face full of shit acting the rebel, you'd think you wouldn't want to align yourself with that.

If we had voted to remain, then been bullied into a second referendum by whiney protesters, I wonder if he'd have been against that second referendum?

No point considering what-ifs, we're having a hard enough task comprehending the what-is!

As it stands at the moment I give the chance of a second referendum a big fat zero. However if something weird were to happen after the now inevitable General Election like a Labour minority government propped up by the Lib Dems and SNP I could see one of the "strings attached" being a so-called "Peoples' Vote" rigged in such a way as make "Remain" the only option. E.g. choices of "Remain" "Deal" or "No Deal" with NO preferential vote or other PR stuff so that the Leave vote gets split.

At this point I just wish for a majority government - of any party - just so sh*t gets sorted one way or the other. Yes I voted Leave but now I'm bored with the whole affair Evil or Very Mad

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:22 - 28 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
a so-called "Peoples' Vote" rigged in such a way as make "Remain" the only option. E.g. choices of "Remain" "Deal" or "No Deal" with NO preferential vote or other PR stuff so that the Leave vote gets split.

No deal will never be an option. We have seen the last of that unless we vote in TBP. No one else is interested in a no deal including the majority of Tories.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 28 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Val wrote:

Who gives a feck what you want? You're an immigrant from a crime ridden cess pit of a country. Thumbs Up

Plenty of people want you to leave.

+1 this^^

Fuck off you odious little slav.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:15 - 28 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Just like the rest of the forum did ages ago then.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:52 - 28 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Val has UK citizenship now, so he's one of us. Apparently being "European" wasn't as good as being British. Don't expect him to show gratitude or appreciation though.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 153 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2