Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bullshit Promotion or actually useful?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:55 - 03 Nov 2019    Post subject: Bullshit Promotion or actually useful? Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4VEfkIU3ZM

Tiny tiny little carbs but the guy is saying shitty fuel affects rubber diaphragms over time. Ofc he has the solution! I'm always a bit wary about such miracle cures Thinking

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:19 - 04 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is with the rubber systems they're cheap and they fail regardless. It's common knowledge.
The metal system is an unknown to me but two things come to mind: Gradual stress fractures forming in the metal and just like float needle valves perhaps this system (I couldn't make the details out) could well suffer from wear too?

YouTube is stuffed with channels like this. A person might do a little about something (this guy - gardener?) and they whore themselves out to corporations in an effort to get money and free gifts. Of course they're going to promote positively whatever they're given.
A great example of someone being a whore to corporations is Delboy and his garage on the tube. I watch him but only for the comedy content. It's nuts how he goes out of his way to show new toys. Heck he even tries to make himself look intelligent by showing how he reads instructions thoroughly. (Rant mode activated) Go look at his video of the English Wheel he was given. He does not know how to use it - he uses it to iron hammer marks out of metal haha! He does not understand gradual metal forming. It's hilarious.

Go to 7.40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FXcpYTpOEE

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:53 - 04 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Delboy and his garage on the tube.

I stopped watching his stuff when it felt like it was turning into a long form advert.
I also recall he did a series where he took an almost pristine bike (ZX7R if I remember correctly) and then spent 100's of hours on fabrication to turn it into a rat bike. Crying or Very sad

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:48 - 04 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't mind the way they handle sponsors on MCM "we use this stuff, if they want to bung us some money we'll put the products in shot a bit more." They're pretty open about it.

Grind Hard Plumbing, like many others, just have "a word from our sponsors" easy to skip past.

Back to the itty-bitty carb it seems like replacing a single rubber piece with a metal + plastic sandwich. I can't see how adding complexity solves anything! A good video would have been to throw a new rubber diaphragm in; funny how they forgot that comparison Smile

Regarding Del, he did something incredibly stupid with a scooter (i.e. pointless mods) I can't remember what it was but it must have been bad for me to reach for the mind-bleach Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 167 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1