Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

NSR 125 wont even bump start

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Prottecttor
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:51 - 09 Nov 2019    Post subject: NSR 125 wont even bump start Reply with quote

Hello,

I during last 2 days i have replaced spark plug, new battery, literally ALL new fluids and an air filter. Before this the bike wont start from starter but it did perfectly fine with bump start. Today it wont do any. I Will mention that the wiring is done very poorly, Lot of isolation etc (prev owner). I have no idea whatsoever about wires So i do not even know where to check. When trying to bump start it sounds like the engine started but after giving it trotthle it chokes and dies.
Any suggestion where to start checking?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Prottecttor
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:09 - 09 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a spark, checked today. Bike has to have compression because i rode it fine for last 2 weeks. Holded power and everything seemed fine.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Prottecttor
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:15 - 10 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have checked, plenty of pressure on the thumb. Spark plug is getting wet, there is a spark yet the bike still does not start Sad i Will mention that the wire from servo is not really connected to anything.

Prottecttor
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:25 - 10 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i borrowed a kit and tested compression. It is around 127psi. I looked over the starter motor and as assumed it is worn out. This should not matter because i cant even bump start the bike. I shall start checking the wiring but i have 0 idea about it. What wires could prevent engine from starting?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:35 - 11 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd consider getting the starter motor sorted before anything else. Trying to diagnose problems while bumping it ain't no fun!

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:21 - 15 Nov 2019    Post subject: electrics Reply with quote

Get a wiring diagram, and a multi meter suitable for 12volt stuff. The meter need not be an expensive one, say £15 or less to do the sort of stuff you need to do on this and other bikes. If you dont have a multi meter ask santa for one early!

Once you have the wiring diagram, just interest your self with the wires to do with the ign circuits.

Find out what the timing marks are on the flywheel, and check ( check dont assume ) that the piston is at TDC when the flywheel says it should be ( sheared flywheel woodruff key possibly, rule that in/out first ) at TDC.

Its a question of ruling stuff out one by one for you, others, with the bike in front of them, could drop on the fault in 10 seconds flat, or it could take you days/weeks/months.

get a WIRING DIAGRAM and be methodical.

As a matter of interest, do any lights like the neutral light "flash" when steering turned lock to lock?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 156 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1