Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 522, 523, 524 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Grubscrew
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:58 - 11 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they not have joint finances?

I would never have a joint account!

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 11 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dentists. Enough said!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:03 - 11 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dentist also.

Minor plus point; Don't need any work other than a scale n polish next week (understandable as I smoked heavily for decades and not been on the books for 8 years).

4 x-rays and much stabbing of gums.
My mouth doesn't feel like my own. £62 lighter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 11 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
£62 lighter.

I'm no smoker but that sounds expensive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:56 - 11 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll set 'em up, you knock 'em down. Thumbs Up Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:49 - 12 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Howling Terror wrote:
£62 lighter.

I'm no smoker but that sounds expensive.

He went Private by the sounds of it.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:25 - 13 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycling to work, two lanes in my direction, left lane is left turn only except for buses, cycles and taxis, right lane is ahead only. Long queue in the right lane as it's heading into Manchester, left lane empty. I'm happily cruising along the left lane then literally at the junction a "soft roader" swerves left. I can only assume it was a last minute decision to turn left, or a complete misunderstanding of the road, or else why would she have queued, but despite my hi-viz and lights, she clearly didn't see me (or didn't look for me) - fortunately we missed, but only just.

Separate event a few miles further down, and a pet hate (especially as a cyclist who actually abides by the rules of the road), cyclist comes flying past me, straight through the red light I'm waiting at, skids around cars etc. and carries on. I catch up with him after the lights turn green, overtake him, then the same thing happens at the next set of lights. This happens about 4 times before he turns off. I made a point of overtaking him so close I brushed his jacket to show my irritation, although I did manage to hold back from sounding my 120db airhorn in his face.

Vent over. Feel better now.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:18 - 13 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kawasaki felt ‘lumpy’ today, something is not right Evil or Very Mad .

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:59 - 14 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting up at 0145 grinds my gears. Full stop.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:49 - 14 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for a change I thought I'd go by car to work...

There's only one (one!) set of roadworks on the way and the queue didn't even stretch back 3 cars. Great start!

But then I get to a roundabout where people on the main drag insist on clogging up even though there's obviously no clear route ahead so I can't skip across.

And just to add insult to injury three motorbikes come up my outside, slip through the gaps in the traffic and carry on their merry way Evil or Very Mad

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:38 - 14 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paypal are pissing me off just now.

When you use paypal checkout from an online shop it dredges up literally every postal address and variation of postal addresses you've ever had something sent to. Some of them are decades old. There is no way to remove them in your profile, they don't even show up.

Mine defaults to a business I no longer work at, complete with an old phone number (which it inserts automatically regardless of which address I select without telling me it's doing so, again long deleted from my profile).

I've tried messaging them to get this shit sorted out and they just keep saying "You can add and remove addresses in your profile". Well you can't!

I'm going to phone them about it but if they don't sort that shit out, I'm reporting them to the data commissioner for a breach of GDPR.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 18:43 - 14 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

When you use paypal checkout from an online shop it dredges up literally every postal address and variation of postal addresses you've ever had something sent to. Some of them are decades old. There is no way to remove them in your profile, they don't even show up.

Mine defaults to a business I no longer work at, complete with an old phone number (which it inserts automatically regardless of which address I select without telling me it's doing so, again long deleted from my profile).

I've tried messaging them to get this shit sorted out and they just keep saying "You can add and remove addresses in your profile". Well you can't!

I'm going to phone them about it but if they don't sort that shit out, I'm reporting them to the data commissioner for a breach of GDPR.

You can, it's just not a very intuitive way of doing it. I think you have to login to the paypal website and click 'edit my profile' or something like that.

{edit} I just had a look, you click on the little sprocket in the top right, then click 'profile' and then you can add and remove addresses. You can't remove all addresses though, so if you've only got one you need to add it, make it your primary one and then you can delete the other one. Mine has also a button next to my phone number saying 'update phone number'.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 15 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bike insurance has gone up to over £900 Shocked

Sadly I can't shop around because it's courier insurance and I've had the
same policy for nearly 30 years. If I cancel it I lose it for life and from
what I know there are few alternatives. Middle Finger Middle Finger

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:47 - 16 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:

Have you tried Bemoto?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:20 - 16 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A real 1st world problem today and I'm quite embarrasses in hind sight on how angry it made me.

I had 2 new tyres put on the rear of the Jaguar last week. I told them there were pressure sensors in the valves so not to rip them out.

So they finished the job, I got back in the car and all OK no faults or tyre pressure warnings. Thumbs Up

I got in the car this morning and left rear tyre pressure warning. I checked it with the compressor - 2.4 bar. WTF that should be OK. Upped it to 2.6 bar and then 2.8 bar. Still warning. OFFS, a knackered sensor.

Still fuming I went and dropped the pressure back to 2.4 and decided o check all the other tyres. Front 2 OK, back right was at 1.9 bar. SO I pumped it up and guess what, the fault cleared. The wankers had put the wheels on the other way round so now the right rear was showing as the left rear. Evil or Very Mad

So what did I do. Did I get out the trolley jack and nut gun and swap over the wheels which would have taken me 10 minutes at worst. Did I fuck. I drove 5 miles in the opposite direction to where I was going to have a rant at the tyre place and by a rant it was the rant of all rants. I have no idea why it wound me up so much as usually I'm a pretty placid person. Embarassed

Anyway, half an hour later I drove out of there with the wheels in the right place.

Happy days. Thumbs Up

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:31 - 16 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

You can, it's just not a very intuitive way of doing it. I think you have to login to the paypal website and click 'edit my profile' or something like that.

{edit} I just had a look, you click on the little sprocket in the top right, then click 'profile' and then you can add and remove addresses. You can't remove all addresses though, so if you've only got one you need to add it, make it your primary one and then you can delete the other one. Mine has also a button next to my phone number saying 'update phone number'.

Do you work for a paypal live messaging service?

stinkwheel wrote:
"There is no way to remove them in your profile, they don't even show up."

"I've tried messaging them to get this shit sorted out and they just keep saying "You can add and remove addresses in your profile". Well you can't! "

I have TWO addresses in my profile. My home and my work. I have one phone number, my home one.

I'd estimate over 20 addresses/permutations of an address come up as options when I checkout with paypal. It's the kind where you select your delivery address from a dropdown after you've been redirected to paypal rather than the sort where you type it into the sellers website.

It appears every time you type an address in a third party website then pay by paypal, that address is saved somewhere for dredging up later. If its a different arrangement of the same address, it stores both (So if one had John Smith, 1 New Street, Townsville, Cityham. And another had John Smith 1, New street, Townsville Cityham, Countyshire. It saves both.).

I only found out about the phone number thing because a seller emailed that had tried to call me and had been told I don't work there any more. Because I don't, I removed that phone number from my profile when I left and it's not in there any more.

See, not just me going mad and being unable to operate a user interface a 3-year old could navigate.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:59 - 17 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

its wet outside

meant to be working on the car but its far too wet to lie on the floor

could take it to work and do it in the workshop but would have to have a mate with me as not allowed to work in there on my own

most of my mates live miles away or are busy

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:12 - 17 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Similar thing here in that it keeps reverting to address leaving off the village name.
Some sellers there's no way to correct it.
I have corrected it in Paypal account several times but it's like somewhere in the process their original version with missing line (which I never knowingly would give them) takes priority again.
Things do still get here due to correct postcode - so far.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:46 - 17 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Are the tyres directional? They'll need to refit them rather than swap them across the wheels if they are.

I wouldn't have thought so or my spare would be useless 50% of the time. Will have a look and see if they have directional arrows although I have only seen them on bike tyres myself.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 17 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
Courier265 wrote:

Have you tried Bemoto?

I did have a look at Bemoto but there is a small problem, they only offer third party only which is not good enough.

I am staying with Aviva, I actually paid £799 and that's third party fire and theft courier use.

The cost is high but at least I'm getting the right cover and it's tax deductible.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:53 - 18 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
mpd72 wrote:

Are the tyres directional? They'll need to refit them rather than swap them across the wheels if they are.

I wouldn't have thought so or my spare would be useless 50% of the time. Will have a look and see if they have directional arrows although I have only seen them on bike tyres myself.

Quite a lot of car tyres are directional. Spares are often not (for that very reason). Easy enough to tell from the sidewall though like you say, just look for the arrows.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:05 - 18 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now, I had another tooth removed. It was fecked and fixing it would cost a lot of money with a very, very uncertain result, and since it's right next to my second tooth that got removed earlier this year (broken down to the gum), I told my doc to remove it. It's the 6th and 7th tooth, so visually no one can tell. Time to get some implants.

Now to what grinds my gears today, I forgot about I've had a tooth removed and just drank hot coffee and it spilled over the area. Well, feck me, I'm done with hot beverages. Neutral Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 18 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christmas adverts on the telly.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:08 - 18 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:

He went Private by the sounds of it.

NHS Dentist, so roughly a third cheaper than a private one.

Going tomorrow for a thorough clean-up which because of my decades of heroic smoking and aversion to dentists will involve injections so they can get reet under the gumline….then the same again next week for the lowers.

The Dentist is very pretty.
The girl on reception has gorgeous eyes and is a little bit flirty.

I will leave in discomfort, lighter in pocket and may be sexually confused.

Will I only ever achieve orgasm if I pay for pain? Confused

[edit] All good...well if you think pain is good.
Knashers look great.

So that £62.50 was for 4 x-rays and check-up plus injections and deep clean top and bottom.

Last edited by Howling Terror on 12:27 - 19 Nov 2019; edited 1 time in total
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 152 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 522, 523, 524 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 523 of 698