Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Half Life: Alyx

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 04:55 - 23 Nov 2019    Post subject: Half Life: Alyx Reply with quote

Soooo ... anyone else excited about this new Half Life game coming in March 2020?

Took them long enough!!!!!!

A bit shocked that Valve went VR only ... but still, something is better than nothing.

Anyhoo ... finally bit the bullet and have a new Samsung Odyssey Plus VR setup on its way to me ... £254.69 ... pre-ordered game as well ... sorted Very Happy

Also, have Halo Reach to look forward to on December 3rd ... Doom Eternal in March 2020 (hmmm VR!!!!!).

That's not to mention all of the other games I've been buying lately ... so much fun to come Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:13 - 23 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I was aware, you need the Valve VR kit to play Half Life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 10:14 - 23 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any kit that works on a PC will work ... even wonderfully named Windows Mixed Reality stuff ... https://www.half-life.com/en/alyx/ Thumbs Up

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:23 - 23 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect it'll be not a lot more than a tech demo. They are preparing the ground for a full release I reckon, and I think it'll be disappointing anyway.

I hope that I'm proven wrong.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:04 - 23 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

VR seems like needless faff to me.

And the armless hands are not my cup of tea at all. It's like FPS Rayman.

https://media.st.dl.bscstorage.net/half-life.com/images/alyx/halflife_alyx_3.jpg

I think the best thing about this will be the community content, new levels etc for exploring.

Still waiting for Half Life 3.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:44 - 23 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've literally listed my VR up for sale because it's sort of fun but setting it all up every time is an annoyance.

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:53 - 24 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks ok but I wont be buying a VR headset for it, there are just not enough real games to play besides tech demos. I bought a Rift DK2 when that came out and I dont fancy spending half the cost of my computer for another one.
I dont really trust valve to make a good game now either. It's been years since they have actually developed anything worth talking about.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:35 - 24 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayrton wrote:
there are just not enough real games to play besides tech demos.

Well that's utter bullshit. Laughing HTC Vive, I've got probably... 30-40 actual games, 50+ experience type games and a handful of tech demo. Spent probably 5 hours a night on it for the first few months on a game called the Wizards and also smashing beat saber. Then there's Arizona sunshine... God it eats hours.

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 14:52 - 24 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only had experience of a demo a few years ago when I was over in Boston on one of my business trips with Bose ... and I really enjoyed that.

Been waiting for a good reason to buy a VR kit ... and the new Half Life game is as good as any ... that and as Paddy says, there are quite a few games now.

I can't see Valve saying that this is a fully featured game and then it only turning out to be a tech demo ... but it could be just that ... I'm erring on the side of it'll be good.

Mind you, I thought Wolfenstein Youngblood would be good as well ... first time I've asked for a refund ... I didn't know about refunds at the time of No Man's Shite or I would've asked for it and compensation as well Laughing

Anyhoo, will find out one way or the other soon enough Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 154 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1