Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hybrid bike for newbie

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jarissrn
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:00 - 11 Dec 2019    Post subject: Hybrid bike for newbie Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

Another newbie bike post. Im a cycling newbie who has no experience riding and would like to get started. I'm a 151 cm female and hope to eventually use the bike for riding in the city and trails outside. The sheer number of options and reviews are doing my head in. Any advice on a first bike is appreciated. I'm also unsure if i should splurge on a first bike or get a used one off gumtree/ebay to see how i fare.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:15 - 11 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in the UK the usual advice is get a used bike, preferably a YBR125, basic, boring but reliable and easy to ride. Once you've got the hang of it you'll have a much better idea of what you want long term. Avoid all Chinese brands, the build quality varies from bad to awful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:39 - 11 Dec 2019    Post subject: Re: Hybrid bike for newbie Reply with quote

Jarissrn wrote:
Im a cycling newbie

https://www.cyclechatforums.com/

WreckTangle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:04 - 11 Dec 2019    Post subject: Re: Hybrid bike for newbie Reply with quote

be a real woman, get a MOTORBIKE, a country trail is much better with a metal two wheeled monster and you can traffic weave when riding in the city Very Happy
nikkisscy This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

wintelf94
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:03 - 28 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have made a bold step to ask in the forum for the best bike. I think a simple motorbike not too costly and fewer addons will do for a start. Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 121 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1