Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

msi optix mpg27cq monitor issues

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 29 Dec 2019    Post subject: msi optix mpg27cq monitor issues Reply with quote

got the monitor yesterday used (that could be the issue who knows)
Its a 1440p monitor however i'm only getting 1920x1080
Been tearing my hair out trying to figure out why, it only ran at 60hz when i first plugged it in but managed to get it to run at 144.
Its plugged into a gtx 1660 super with a dp cable that i only got a few weeks ago so that shouldn't be the issue?
There is nothing to change resolution on the monitor and the software only lets you mess around with the led's.
Wiindows and nvidia control panel only give me the option for 1080p and iv tried removing and re installing drivers, they are all up to date.
The one weird thing i noticed is in devices and printers it sais the model number of the monitor, however in device manager under monitor it has generic pnp monitor Confused
I have tried downloading the drivers from msi and that hasn't sorted it either.
Anybody have any ideas, something i missed?

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:16 - 30 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

might be worth trying a HDMI 2.0 or 2.1 cable to rule out DP or DP cable being the issue. Running an AOC C27G1 27 on a 1660 with g sync no issues but its 1920x1080 only due to the screen

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:02 - 30 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try an hdmi, no idea if it was 2.1 or not but same resolution Sad

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:04 - 30 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I had a problem with my monitor. I could get 1920x1080 out of it but only up to 60Hz (not 144Hz.) Turned out to be a fault with the video card!

The problem is you'd really need to test the monitor on another system to see if it's that and/or get another monitor to see if it does the same and/or get another video card.

HDMI may or may not help depending on the spec of the monitor. My one doesn't support refresh rates >60Hz via HDMI only DisplayPort gives the full range (but it is quite an old model.)

In the end I got the card swapped under warranty.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:04 - 30 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you have GeForce experience installed, re-download the latest drivers and make it reinstall all from scratch.

I'e had endless issues with my LG Ultrawide and that is the only fix, I have to do it every few weeks Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 30 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Assuming you have GeForce experience installed, re-download the latest drivers and make it reinstall all from scratch.

I'e had endless issues with my LG Ultrawide and that is the only fix, I have to do it every few weeks Laughing

Just tried that, doesn't seem to make any difference, everything is still saying the panel is 1920x1080 Sad
i'm going to head to pc world and grab a new dp cable and see if that makes any difference.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:36 - 30 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know what DP cable you have? I've run various DP cables and only the one that came with my monitor was any good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:41 - 30 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Do you know what DP cable you have? I've run various DP cables and only the one that came with my monitor was any good.

Good shout. HDMI comes with various spec levels and the same is true of DisplayPort.

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 30 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

This was my thinking too but of course my local pc world doesn't carry dp cables Rolling Eyes
This is the one i have
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PPS1KTJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Of course it could be faulty, or fake.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 20:02 - 30 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the one that came with monitor?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:51 - 30 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Quite often monitors only come with HDMI or VGA. Or in my case a 1 metre DP cable when I needed >1.5m Sad

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 23:30 - 30 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any gaming monitor worth its salt will be DP. None with come with VGA. Laughing

Every monitor I get, home.or work is DP

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:50 - 30 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

It was used, it only came with the power adaptor.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:27 - 31 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you tell us Rolling Eyes

From a shop or some random?

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:51 - 31 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

It was on the first line of my OP
A random

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:31 - 31 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, definitely should have a decent DP.

Here is a weird fix, plug DP cable in to pc and monitor, plug it all in as normal, unplug the power from the monitor itself for 30 seconds, then plug back in.

Literally only unplugging the power from the monitor and back in, make sure monitor is factory reset before.

So many threads about it so it seems.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:00 - 31 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerr wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

It was on the first line of my OP
A random

I stand corrected, I missed the word "used" for some reason Rolling Eyes

Oh well, might need to chalk it up to experience. Have you a friend you could drag it to to test on their system?

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:04 - 31 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Any gaming monitor worth its salt will be DP. None with come with VGA. Laughing

Every monitor I get, home.or work is DP

VGA is only used on ''office grade'' monitors that go up to 1080p. The VGA is limited to 2048×1536 px which is fewer pixels than 1440p resolution. It would make no sense to put analogue interface on such gaming monitor. Also, ''gaming'' GFX cards these days don't even work with analogue signal.

IF your monitor is freesync compatible, get DP, otherwise any recent HDMI (the latest being 2.0, iirc) would be more than enough for your 1440p panel.

EDIT: I use DP 1.3 for 4K@60Hz, I had to order it extra, as not a single vendor around where I live would sell any DP cables.

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 21:23 - 31 Dec 2019; edited 1 time in total

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:57 - 31 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Erm, definitely should have a decent DP.

Here is a weird fix, plug DP cable in to pc and monitor, plug it all in as normal, unplug the power from the monitor itself for 30 seconds, then plug back in.

Literally only unplugging the power from the monitor and back in, make sure monitor is factory reset before.

So many threads about it so it seems.

Nope that didn't work either Sad
Easy-X wrote:
Oh well, might need to chalk it up to experience. Have you a friend you could drag it to to test on their system?

Aye there's always the risk, its not like the panel look bad when gaming but i could have saved money and just got a 1080 panel.
Mrs brother in law has but its an old system, would be worth a try though i suppose, i think if a new dp cable doesn't work i'll just have to lump it.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:08 - 02 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were closer I'd shove it on mine.

Assuming the Nvidia control panel has the box unticked for resolutions my monitor can support and you've just chosen the bigger res?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 87 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1