Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Music & Bands Not Played On The Radio

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:39 - 05 Jan 2020    Post subject: Music & Bands Not Played On The Radio Reply with quote

I've come to the conclusion that the MSM decides who they will promote and who they won't. All the music we think we like are the result of the MSM playing it over and over again till it gets to the point that when it's played we automatically think we like it (with obvious exceptions that is).

So What music or band have you discovered on the internet/pub whatever that is never played on the radio/TV.
I'll kick it off...

1. Haley Reinhart - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3lF2qEA2cw
2. The Monalisa Twins - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj8LEL4gbQU
3. The Running Mates - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58FZdNmuKO8

I'd more than likely be interested in your discoveries.
Cool

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:22 - 05 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Music & Bands Not Played On The Radio Reply with quote

GettinBetter wrote:
MSM

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/750/931/1e6
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:12 - 05 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radio stations play what they think people will like. It's not some conspiracy by the main stream media to make you automatically like particular bands or songs.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:48 - 05 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Radio stations play what they think people will like. It's not some conspiracy by the main stream media to make you automatically like particular bands or songs.

More than that, the bigger ones actually use audience research to test their output and target specific demographics, usually age or music genre related.

With the coming of DAB and the internet, there should be a radio station for virtually everyone these days and, if there isn't one for you, starting an internet station is pretty straightforward.

As a bonus, you can learn just how monumentally difficult it is to programme a radio station coherently.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:13 - 05 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
main stream media

Thanks.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:18 - 05 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeP0OhV7XN4
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:03 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

you dont get this on Radio 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfF9ELhPW1Q

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:49 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah some songs are old and have never been played. This one (gets going at 10 seconds) comes to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnAX2oJ31E0

Must admit I was starting to think that Aerosmith own Absolute Rock Radio..

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 09:55 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

All music is the same, there is no new music, just rearrangements of what people have done before.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:28 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Yeah some songs are old and have never been played. This one (gets going at 10 seconds) comes to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnAX2oJ31E0

My ears hurt.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmm….. Haley....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPqmxRf_Ilg

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:30 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Bowie fan but you never hear him on the radio.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:08 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A potentially interesting post apart from use of the phrase 'MSM' which immediately reduces it to a climate change denier level of quality.

There are millions of unsigned artists out there. Some of those are decent, and of those there are probably a small but significant number who actually have immense talent. This is not news. This has been around since commercial music was a thing. In fact, it's in many ways easier to find decent unsigned artists these days as the internet has done some democratisation of how an act or artist can promote their music. But that doesn't mean that the 'lame stream media' is a thing, it just means that unsigned artists either haven't had the luck or aren't as good at playing the game as other perhaps less worthy signed artists.

I mean, just look at Ed Sheeran. He was an unsigned artist, now he's signed, now he's ubiquitous and he just keeps fobbing everyone off with the same warmed over crap that we've had from singer songwriters for years. It's no different to a thousand other ugly trolls with guitars who can write songs about love and relationships, the difference being he was discovered and the rest weren't. The same is true for movie stars, TV presenters and to some extent sportspeople. People talk about a meritocracy, but that only works where the demand for positions and jobs that require that level of merit is broadly the same or less than the number of jobs that are available.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:17 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garry Glitter.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:17 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf Harris

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:24 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostprophets

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:43 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares what they play on the radio? With the huge amount of music so easily available these days, why would I bother listening to someone else's preferences?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:48 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathon King

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:53 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Jonathon King
As introduced by Jimmy Saville.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:02 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

R Kelly !!

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliff Richard?

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:09 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Cliff Richard?

He's a bit weird, but the allegations of being a Paedo were a bit overblown it seems. Probably the same dude who made allegations against all those MPs and so on.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:17 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but you know it's a great country when the police tell the BBC first, who then turn up filming the house search before he knew anything about it.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:21 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Yeah but you know it's a great country when the police tell the BBC first, who then turn up filming the house search before he knew anything about it.

I think that is to do with the BBC wanting to try to atone for Saville. They just went too far the other way. The police in that instance were the real criminals. I don't remember if Cliff managed to get compensation from them, but I know he was successful in getting some from the BBC.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:30 - 06 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

He went after the bbc , not the police and got a tidy sum.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 102 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2