Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Terms and Conditions amendments?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:57 - 07 Jan 2020    Post subject: Terms and Conditions amendments? Reply with quote

Morning all, weird one today.

My (non-motorised) bike has been stolen whilst working in Liverpool (stereotype much?) But I am convered through the bike lease companies "BikePlus" cover that I pay extra for.

When Ive contacted them, they have pointed me to their Ts+Cs online that have changed since I signed up with them! They now no longer cover theft.

I have my original email from them stating theft is covered.
I've had no other correspondance since then advising us of the change and to seek other cover if necessary or getting us to agree to the new terms or anything.

Is this an open and shut case, they need to honour the original agreement? Or have I missed something??

Their "new" terms and conditions that have the word stolen removed:
https://help.thebikeclub.co/en/articles/3298534-bike-club-plus

Scammers wrote:

As a Bike Club Plus member, you can rest easy on:

Accidental damages: As a Bike Club member, when you return the bike to us, we sometimes have to charge a small fee to cover repairs that fall outside of normal wear and tear. This includes rust, part replacement and frame damage. As a Bike Club Plus member, all of these repairs will be covered by the Bike Club.

Whilst you have the bike: We will cover any reasonable repairs you need to make with your local dealer. You need to agree the work in advance with our team. But once this is done we will settle the bill directly with the shop. In addition we'll pay £2 per puncture. Everybody hates punctures 😀

Total loss: We will cover any minor repairs whilst you have the bike and if you suffer a total loss you will just pay the lesser of remaining payments or:

Balance bike: £30
First bike: £50
Hybrid bike: £60
Road bike: £80
Mountain bike: £110
Adult bike: £110

The old wording from when I signed up in October 2019:

Scammers wrote:

Just as a reminder, here's what is included:

As a Bike Club Plus member, you'll be covered for:

1. Accidental damage
With Bike Club Plus membership, anything that falls outside of normal wear and tear (like rust, part replacement or frame damage) will be covered by the Bike Club.

2. Reasonable repairs
We will cover any reasonable repairs you need to make. All you'll need to do is agree the work in advance with our team. Once this is done, we will settle the costs directly with your local bike shop. In addition, we'll pay a fixed £2 per puncture repair (because everybody hates punctures…)

3. Total loss
If the bike is lost or stolen, there will be a small subsidy deducted, but most of the cost will be covered by Bike Club Plus

As an early bird sign up you have access to Bike Club Plus for a reduced amount of £1.50/month per bike.

Any help on what particular legislation / buzzwords to throw at them if they continue down this tack would be appreciated!

Im currently paying by DD each month for the bike, so currently - they expect me to continue paying it until the bike is paid off!

Simply cancelling it would probably trigger a default and credit hit - which I wouldnt fancy right now.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:35 - 07 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citizens Advice Bureau.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:44 - 07 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Citizens Advice Bureau.

Good point - and on that note - just found the relevant body in their website gumpf - they are regulated by the FCA.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 07 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

After linking them to the old email and mentioning FCA, all sorted paying out.

Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 109 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1