Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Fastest A2 Bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Izaak147
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:54 - 11 Jan 2020    Post subject: Fastest A2 Bike Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I'm just trying to find out what A2 bike is the fastest once derestricted. Call me childish but I'm all about speed and I want to make the bike my main bike even once I'm old enough for the biggest bikes. I want to know what bike you can ride on an A2 that is the fastest in the category once destricted.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:16 - 12 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when did this forum turn into Google? Confused

What bike reaches 70 mph? All of them I'd imagine.

What bike gets there fastest? Well there's a whole bunch of variables.

HTH.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/b0c7376fb15f466f8c0545200e49087f/tumblr_nokr07vaix1sd2x2co1_500.jpg

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:57 - 12 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything 800 ~ 900 might sneak in as A2 (not actually the size but the power output and how much as a percentage has to disappear to restrict it.)

That's fast, yes? Well so is my mate's CB600RR but as that tips over the 94HP limit you can't restrict it...

tl;dr how long is a piece of string?

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 01:33 - 12 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A2 licence limits demand no more than 45bhp, and not restricted by more than 50%, ie a bike that brochure specs dont suggest makes over 90bhp.
This narrows things down a bit, and basically all the sports 600's since the Kawasaki ZX6R of around 1997 are off the menue, only a couple of sports 600's are even on it, and almost nothing ion the over 600cc classes since around 1982 is likely to get on it....
This then begs the next question... WHAT'S 'FAST'?
Fast in a straight line? Fast from 0 to the 1/4 mile? Fast round a race track? Fast around a dirt oval? Fast accroass a ploughed field? What?
On the road, the fasest bike will almost always be the one with the daftest rider.. or the most skilled... but usually the most stoopid.
Coming back from a show, I have stayed with a chap on a Fazer 6, on the missus's Honda CB125.. for around 12miles, he would get ahead at every straight, I'd reel him in on every section of bends, then it was who was prepared to loose thier licence come the villages and 30 signs and GATSO's... it was kneck and kneck for them 12 miles, and ultimately the decider was who was prepared to take the smaller gap onto the main road at the T-Junction at the end.....
THE BIKE has little to do with it in the real world, where there are no class regs, scruitineers, marshals or FIM approved timing gear.... so the question is just a little fatiouse, and you ARE the stoopid sandwhich. It makes little to no odds.
Meanwhile, for a couple of years,whilst on restriction, you are lugging around extra metal and not got the oomph to put it to use... all for the idea you 'may' save something not having to buy another bike when restriction lapses.. if you dont in the intervening cos you crash it or iot gets nicked, of course, and it DOES stay 'restricted'.. which begs suggestion that if you dgas about the restriction and are preparfed to break the licence laws anyway, why be hung for a sheep as a lamb? In fact why bother even taking tests?!!? Just get a fake plate and ride off the books, at least they cant add 'insurance fraud' and a few more deception charges to the rap sheet!
Anyway, its all back to what kind of 'fast' you are after, and how seperate you are to pull one over the or-forit-eez.... and whether you would actually save anything by de-restricting anyway.
Ball's back in your court...
But do you have a full licence for anything yet?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:13 - 12 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
A2 licence limits demand no more than 45bhp,

It's 47bhp when converted from 35KW, the unrestricted bikes power being a max of 94bhp. There's also Power to weight restrictions (175KG minimum if the motor has 47bhp).

Yeah, OP is likely a bit dumb, doesn't quite get it yet, but that doesn't get you a free pass on spouting bullshit.

B0ndy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 11:09 - 12 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Fastest A2 Bike Reply with quote

Izaak147 wrote:
Hi guys,
fastest once derestricted. I want to make the bike my main bike even once I'm old enough for the biggest bikes.

Wouldn't bother if I was you, as someone's already pointed out you can't restrict something greater than 94 bhp (or something like that). So when you do eventually take the restrictor out it's not going to be fast, it will feel like a rocket ship for a few weeks then you'll start wondering what 100bhp+ feel like.

My advice, buy a shitter to use for a couple of years - get big boy license then sell it and buy what you want.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:15 - 12 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Fastest A2 Bike Reply with quote

Izaak147 wrote:
Click bait .

Yeah! Yeah! My restricted bike does 175mph Rolling Eyes

Ice Burger
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:35 - 12 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Fastest A2 Bike Reply with quote

Izaak147 wrote:
Hi guys,
I'm just trying to find out what A2 bike is the fastest once derestricted. Call me childish but I'm all about speed and I want to make the bike my main bike even once I'm old enough for the biggest bikes. I want to know what bike you can ride on an A2 that is the fastest in the category once destricted.

I'd get a suzuki bandit 600, an inline 4 is your best bet for speed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

notabikeranym...
Formerly known as
meef

PostPosted: 11:39 - 12 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

get a fireblade

stick an L plate on it

do wheelies past police with your middle finger up

hit lamp post

post pics

edit: actually some advice, the fastest bike you can get is a 94hp bike that makes no more than 0.2kw per kilo. Heard that an old SRAD is the best thing you can get in terms of top speed.

Or just get anything and gear it with a massive rear sprocket for maximum acceleration (kills your top speed).

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 19:47 - 12 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

tl;dr how long is a piece of string?

Nope. This is no longer the case. Now the maximum an A2 bike can make when derestricted is 94bhp. Therefore, the fastest bike on an A2 will be 94bhp and as light as possible. Seeing as there is probably also a power to weight element to it... Probably something like a CBR650F or something.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:46 - 12 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon that it'll be a a KTM 390RC.
Bigger bikes and especially ones that are restricted for a licence regulation are just a load of shit and boring as hell IMO.

Buy a light razor sharp 47bhp bike and have fun!

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:19 - 13 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Buy a light razor sharp 47bhp bike and have fun!

They restrict the power to weight ratio (175KG minimum at 47bhp output). I know it's unlikely to get checked, but if he does, he might as well be on a ZX10R.

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:09 - 13 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learn to go around corners before worrying about outright spec and acceleration. It's more rewarding.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:46 - 13 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
Heard that an old SRAD is the best thing you can get in terms of top speed.

It's not there was a thread on here ages ago that delved in to it all. In short that BHP figure everyone quotes was taken from an old magazine article that clearly stated at the rear wheel. It then ended up on wikipedia minus the bit bout the rear wheel (though interestingly currently it states rear wheel.... someone will edit it by next week though), this was then published online by MCN in their review of the bike again not mentioning rear wheel.

If you delve in to euro bollocks law you'll find the phrase used is "net engine power", which is derived from the crank.

Rough estimate for the SRAD with a rear wheel figure of 93.1 and saying 15% loss in the drivetrain would be around 106BHP.

All that said you probably get away with it.

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 13 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beat me to it - this was a favourite topic of Rogerborg. AFAIK there are no supersport bikes that are A2 restrictable.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:05 - 13 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter how fast the bike is, it depends on the rider and their skill to go quickly and stay on.

RAYK47
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:32 - 13 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new A2 triumph STS is apparently easily de restricted. That will be fast.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 19:21 - 13 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAYK47 wrote:

The A2 specific bike is limited to 94bhp and can't be derestricted as far as I know. It's not a 765 but a 690 or something. You won't get the full 120bhp out of it or whatever.

That's the point of the A2 rules. You can't ever get more than 94bhp out of an A2 legal bike, it says so in the rules.

RAYK47
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:56 - 13 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
RAYK47 wrote:

The A2 specific bike is limited to 94bhp and can't be derestricted as far as I know. It's not a 765 but a 690 or something. You won't get the full 120bhp out of it or whatever.

That's the point of the A2 rules. You can't ever get more than 94bhp out of an A2 legal bike, it says so in the rules.

The new sts can be de restricted easily by a triumph dealership. It says so on the triumph page. I assume to try to get rid of them easier. I suspect you will get similar to the 675 ST before the 765 upgrade (or maybe a little more).

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/motorcycles/roadsters/street-triple/s

Tbh the op has not exactly listed anything except for the fastest. A very odd requirement as I assume he has not yet passed his test or got any bike. I suspect most A2 will seem quick anyway.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:35 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAYK47 wrote:

The new sts can be de restricted easily by a triumph dealership. It says so on the triumph page. I assume to try to get rid of them easier. I suspect you will get similar to the 675 ST before the 765 upgrade (or maybe a little more).

Restricted it will be 47bhp, derestricted it will be no more than 94bhp.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:32 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:

This. It's the law now. Triumph are NOT going to flout the law.
Also it says right on their page... on the page YOU just linked to that it's a 660. The standard Street Triple is a 765. Even my Street Triple that has a full system, and is 675cc only makes 107bhp, so you think you're going to get much more than 94bhp out of a strangled version of that?

RAYK47
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:09 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
RAYK47 wrote:

Probably. I didn't mention HP.

RAYK47
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:17 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
wr6133 wrote:

This. It's the law now. Triumph are NOT going to flout the law.
Also it says right on their page... on the page YOU just linked to that it's a 660. The standard Street Triple is a 765. Even my Street Triple that has a full system, and is 675cc only makes 107bhp, so you think you're going to get much more than 94bhp out of a strangled version of that?

I never once said or implied it would be over 94bhp. What I said was the new STS was an A2 bike that can be easily de restricted (once the owner passes said test).

I knew it was not at 765cc and also said that I assumed unrestricted it would be similar to a standard ST675. Maybe it's slightly less but other way that will seem quick.

V2
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:11 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fastest A2 bike I reckon would be the Zero motorcycles FXS, 0-60 in 4 seconds, I had a go on one and the torque delivery of it made it feel ballistic!

cant derestrict it though!

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:29 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Fastest A2 Bike Reply with quote

Izaak147 wrote:
Hi guys,
I'm just trying to find out what A2 bike is the fastest once derestricted. Call me childish but I'm all about speed

Probably best to get something fairly cheap to repair after any crashes.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 93 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2